Split Stay Advantage?

Thecow

Earning My Ears
We are coming for a 4 night stay at the Royal Pacific (Mon- Fri). We currently have Sunday night reservations at Hyatt House (across from Universal). Is there any advantage to staying at Surfside on that Sunday night? We plan to be in the parks first thing Monday.

It seems the greatest advantage for us would be if we did not have to actually go to Royal Pacific to get our key cards for Express Pass. If we stayed at Surfside, would we still have to go to Royal Pacific first thing in the morning to get our room cards? Luggage transfer would be nice too, but not having to check into the hotel before going into the park early in the morning is most important. (Also, if it matters our package for Royal Pacific is already booked via Costco, so we’d need to book Surfside separately.)

Thanks!

We are coming for a 4 night stay at the Royal Pacific (Mon- Fri). We currently have Sunday night reservations at Hyatt House (across from Universal). Is there any advantage to staying at Surfside on that Sunday night? We plan to be in the parks first thing Monday.

It seems the greatest advantage for us would be if we did not have to actually go to Royal Pacific to get our key cards for Express Pass. If we stayed at Surfside, would we still have to go to Royal Pacific first thing in the morning to get our room cards? Luggage transfer would be nice too, but not having to check into the hotel before going into the park early in the morning is most important. (Also, if it matters our package for Royal Pacific is already booked via Costco, so we’d need to book Surfside separately.)

Thanks!
You have to first check in to RP to get your room keys which are also your express passes - no way around that unfortunately. You can check in very early - 6 a.m. I think.

Do the Universal resorts offer luggage transfer? Anyone have any experience with how it went (e.g. can we just leave the luggage packed in the room, or do we drop it at our "check-out" hotel and it makes its way over to our "check-in" hotel (to the bell desk or to the room?)?

Do the Universal resorts offer luggage transfer? Anyone have any experience with how it went (e.g. can we just leave the luggage packed in the room, or do we drop it at our "check-out" hotel and it makes its way over to our "check-in" hotel (to the bell desk or to the room?)?
Only between the premier hotels as far as I know so HR, PB and RPR

I agree with everyone else. In your situation there wouldn’t be any time advantage as only the deluxe hotels offer luggage transfer. And using Lyft/Uber would be your best bet getting to RPR early and picking up your EP room cards. It wouldn’t matter which value hotel in the immediate area you are staying at.

You'd be eligible for early entry by staying at Surfside, but doesn't sound like that will matter in your scenario with having to go to RPR first. That's about the only advantage I can think of for staying at Surfside over an off-site hotel that first night. If it were me and the price difference was negligible, I'd choose the hotel that's closer to RPR for easier logistics moving luggage and getting there to check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter