Splenda

nocomment711

Ces Soirees-La
So I am a sugar fanatic, and I drink at least 4 large mugs of tea a day (the mug holds about 4 cups of water). I bought Splenda to sweeten it with because I was losing points and calories to the sugar I was adding. Unfortunately, I got really sick the first day I switched. Could this be because I use too much, or have other people had similar reactions to Splenda?

without knowing how much sugar and how much Splenda it really could be the loss of raw sugar in the diet, the new inclusion of a new chemical substance or both. You may want to cut back the splenda to se if that helps.

I actually just started drinking tea again, and I started with the Splenda. I'll give it another shot tonight, but use less. I switched back to regular sugar in the meantime, and boy that adds up fast when you're drinking four cups of tea in one go...

I was going to ask ... I would also add that caffeine can also create the same effects. Usually more from a sudden discontinue.

I use stevia instead of both sugar and Splenda. In a cup that holds 16oz of fluid I use two packets. In a cup that hold 12oz or less I use one packet. I like the flavor better and don't have the post sugar crash. Stevia is also derived from a plant so watch out on the food sensitivity side.

I am a stevia user myself. If I am away from home and did not bring a packet, I will usually not use any sweetener. If I just have to have a sweetener, then it is a one time teaspoon of sugar over the chemical varieties.

I cannot eat Splenda. I get very very ill...
I think it's fairly common.

Probably way TMI, but the first time I did South Beach and I was over-doing the Splenda I ended up having just a little bit of ahem, urinary incontinence. Just a little bit, but that is not normal for me. I figured it was from having kids, and stepped up the Kegals, to no effect. I decided to cut out the Splenda, and the problem went away the next day. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone else has this problem. I use Stevia now with splenda in extreme moderation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!