Splash Mountain Will Change to Princess and the Frog--WILL OPEN 7/11 as Splash

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably going to be a sequel to Journey into Imagination.

I’m at least confident enough to say that I think it’ll be better than that.

I worry that it goes the route of some of the attractions that are in Animal Kingdom, mainly Kali River Rapids and the Na’vi River Journey. Their budgets were cut, from what I read fairly substantially, and as a result feel like rough drafts of attractions rather than a polished final version.

I hope you all got your Splash Gear.... being erased off Disney store, and YourWDWstore and MagicalEarCollectibles have all been swiped nearly clean... eBay has limited selection of price gouged items though..
wow, you're not kidding. they didn't have much anyway, but the one shirt and the funko stuff that were there on Saturday aren't there now.
Eh, I got all the stuff I wanted long ago anyway.

Several waterfall locations in Louisiana including Clark Creek which is about twenty miles outside of New Orleans.
Since you mentioned it, I've checked it out. I'm not from that area. Sure does look like a few small waterfalls up by the Louisiana/Mississippi border. I've never been to Clark Creek it shows on the map as being 124 miles from New Orleans, but I have been to New Orleans several times. I can buy they have waterfalls, my movie idea was that I felt it was centered around the flatland in New Orleans.

Maybe it’s just that I’m tired and overworked and so extra emotional but I had to take a moment to collect myself when I heard. And ngl some of the awful things I’ve seen people say about it have been so ugly and hurtful and I honestly have not been following discussions because of it.

This means so much to me as a Black Disney fangirl who grew up going to the parks and longing to be part of the princess magic. When I was asked as a kid what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said an Imagineer. I still can’t believe I’m not dreaming this.

Also: I love Splash the ride despite the questionable source material. But if I’m real I always hated the music and I’m probably most excited about it being replaced with that amazing soundtrack, it’s criminally underrated

Maybe it’s just that I’m tired and overworked and so extra emotional but I had to take a moment to collect myself when I heard. And ngl some of the awful things I’ve seen people say about it have been so ugly and hurtful and I honestly have not been following discussions because of it.

This means so much to me as a Black Disney fangirl who grew up going to the parks and longing to be part of the princess magic. When I was asked as a kid what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said an Imagineer. I still can’t believe I’m not dreaming this.

Also: I love Splash the ride despite the questionable source material. But if I’m real I always hated the music and I’m probably most excited about it being replaced with that amazing soundtrack, it’s criminally underrated

:hug:

My beloved Dr. John made that soundtrack extra special to me.

Anyone who can't even begin to try to understand why this change is happening isn't worth a second of your thoughts.

And they aren't welcome to our May!
;)

Thank you for putting your feelings into words for us! That emotion is going to create pixie dust that will keep expanding.

The Princess & The Frog soundtrack is just fabulous!

I love this change! I completely buy that it has been in the works for a long time, unlike some naysayers here. Very few people under 40 have seen Song of the South and a very popular princess has no concrete representation in the parks. It was bound to happen.

Splash Mountain is a really fun ride, but the representation of the South and Southerners (even apart from the blatant racism of SotS) in that ride has always bothered me. Glad that the beautiful Southern US will get some less caricatured, location-specific representation.

Here's what I would have recommended. Erect a statue or a plaque outside of Splash Mountain dedicated to Mr. Baskett. Atone for the mistakes, but also mention the honorary Oscar he received that can never and SHOULD never be taken away from him.

It will be interesting to see if the new ride acknowledges the old one in some way. Winnie the Pooh does this in both parks, with a nod to Mr. Toad at Disney World and acknowledgment of the Country Bears in Disneyland.

I am excited to see what the Imagineers come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter