Splash Mountain Refurbishment - 1/6/20-2/27/20

I'm really sad about this. We're going to miss Splash Mountain (my favorite ride) AND Test Track. I don't understand why they can't stagger the closings so that only one "big" ride is closed at a time.
Two different parks. They won’t take down more than one headliner in a single park typically. January is also the best time to do this due to weather.

I'm really sad about this. We're going to miss Splash Mountain (my favorite ride) AND Test Track. I don't understand why they can't stagger the closings so that only one "big" ride is closed at a time.

They really want to get test track done before space ship earth goes down.

I read an article about BTMRR also getting an extensive refurb in 2020 a few months ago but never heard anything else since the first announcement. Surely that wouldn’t be during same time frame?

I read an article about BTMRR also getting an extensive refurb in 2020 a few months ago but never heard anything else since the first announcement. Surely that wouldn’t be during same time frame?

That would be doubtful. I’d assume that it’ll go down either immediately after Splash reopens, right after Spring Break or right after Labor Day if they do indeed refurb BTMRR in 2020.

We've been going over the winter months so I assumed Splash would be down.
They really want to get test track done before space ship earth goes down.
If Spaceship Earth will be open during the time that Test Track is down I can deal with that, having both down would really be frustrating.

Awwww bummer. Thank you for the heads up, I'll have to tell DD as this one was a priority our next trip.

We'd never been on Splash until last year for the first time and it's now one of our favs. (Guess that means we'll have to plan a trip back! :earsboy:)

We were expecting this during our trip but it still hurts to know we won't be able to ride it! I understand why they do it and I'm glad they annual refurb it and blah blah blah but 😭

Really do not understand why they would take this down before the Marathon weekend. Seems like a week later (Jan 13) would have made much more sense.

Furthermore, why in the world would they take down Splash Mountain and Test Track at the exact same time with such a large overlap. That is two very major attractions totally gone for nearly 2 months. Not good...

:sad: We arrive on the 8th. I was expecting this but I was hoping it would stay open until after marathon weekend :sad:

Really do not understand why they would take this down before the Marathon weekend. Seems like a week later (Jan 13) would have made much more sense.

Furthermore, why in the world would they take down Splash Mountain and Test Track at the exact same time with such a large overlap. That is two very major attractions totally gone for nearly 2 months. Not good...
They usually try not to have more than 1 major ride down in any one park. If they delay the rehab of one ride, that pushes back the rehab of the next and so on. There is never an ideal time to take any ride down. In general, January is still a less busy time than other times of the year, but thats relative.

For Jan/2020 we have Splash Mountain down...Test Track down...
Just giving up of one day in Walt Disney and adding one more day at Universal´s Endless Hotel.
Big mistake of Disney close two of the bests rides at same time. Epcot in Jan.2020 will be with a lot of construction already that brings a lot of disadvantages for guests, and the company closes one of the best rides? What should I do in Epcot with a 4 years boy? Walking and breathing dust all day?!?

For Jan/2020 we have Splash Mountain down...Test Track down...
Just giving up of one day in Walt Disney and adding one more day at Universal´s Endless Hotel.
Big mistake of Disney close two of the bests rides at same time. Epcot in Jan.2020 will be with a lot of construction already that brings a lot of disadvantages for guests, and the company closes one of the best rides? What should I do in Epcot with a 4 years boy? Walking and breathing dust all day?!?

I'm sure you're little one would love the Seas with Nemo and Friends. You have the ride and then the entire indoor aquarium area. Turtle Talk with Crush is an interactive show where he might have the opportunity to ask Crush questions!

I believe, but am not positive, that the World Showcase pavilions have stations called KidCot that allows kids to make a free craft related to the individual country. I don't have a little one so have never done it but it seems like a great way to help them learn about another country!

There is a lot closed in Epcot but TT is the only ride that is down. Everything else is open and other than Mission Space and possibly Soarin' he will be able to do all of them!

I kind was expecting Splash Mountain being down my favorite Magi Kingdom ride... But I was hoping since they took out Test Track, one of my favorite Epcot rides, my luck would prevent Splash Mountain being down but nope!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter