CONFIRMED! Splash Mountain REFURB: August 28 - November 16, 2017

While yes you can complain to Disney about this affecting your vacation that is incredibly unlikely that it would result in a change. Even if they did change this they would still be affecting someones vacation no matter what time of the year it is happening.

Oh my god, i'm so disappointed... Going for the first time in WDW this September, and i can't believe we won't be able to experience Splash Mountain ! When i told my girlfriend she was so sad :sad: Well, that forces us to come back to WDW next year, what a shame :teeth:

What a bummer for our September trip. It's one of my family's favorites. We avoided going in Jan/Feb because we thought that was when it might be under refurbishment. Oh well...I'll keep my fingers crossed until we get the final word. At least my family may be spared my impressions of Briar Bear and Briar Rabbit and singing the Laughing Place song all day.

So.. I'm seriously considering changing my arrival day to 8/26 instead of 8/27. I need to get my splash fix!

Going for my once in a lifetime trip and I am going to miss it!!! Aaarrrgghhh! So sad :(

See this is awful. I'm crushed that I won't be able to do Splash but I've done it probably a dozen times in the last few years and will do it again many more times in the future. But for someone like you to not be able to experience it ever is really sad. And I know things always have to be refurbed, but why not just do it in the winter like they always do? It makes so much more sense.

Any chance of moving your trip? It might be worth it if you honestly don't think you'll ever be back. I would hate to see a Disney fan not be able to ever ride Splash.

Maybe the dates are wrong. Disney hasn't officially announced anything yet so there's still hope!

Going for my once in a lifetime trip and I am going to miss it!!! Aaarrrgghhh! So sad :(

I feel your pain :( Coming from so far away, there is no option to change dates, and the likelihood of managing a return relies on winning the lottery :sad:

I wish so much I could add a week, but it is impossible - I have stretched my leave period at work to the limit! Changing dates also a no go unfortunately as we've paid in full and will lose all flight costs.

And as to affording another trip - I work for a charity which is facing massive pay cuts/freezes and job losses, I love it but let's be honest, I don't do it for the money - I have sacrificed higher pay for role satisfaction and knowing I've made a difference. The only reason I am going on this trip is that my mum died and left me and my sister a small sum of money. We did the sensible thing and bought a house, and had a little bit left over - bathroom or holiday - the holiday won!

I care for my sister who is unlikely to be working for some time, so I am financially responsible for us both. So saving money going to be tough, especially as we will need house stuff too.

Going to think positive though - I will get to go once, and that's more than some and very lucky in some ways. If I don't get to do splash then it wasn't meant to be (or maybe it's karma for putting off the bathroom...!)

I'm not buying this until Disney announces it. We've been going to WDW yearly since 1999 and once, maybe twice SpL Mtn was closed, it wasn't the end of the world but this year 2 of our 3 adult children and husbands and 5 of our 7 grandkids are joining us so I'd like for them to experience the ride. Also. according to the rumor it's supposed to re-open the week after we're there so even if true there's a chance it may finish early.

Bill From PA

I might be missing something but
i'm not seeing any other information about this refurbishment anywhere else online. In fact the DIS is the only website that comes up when I google it. And it looks like every single refurbishment of Splash has happened in the winter for the last eight or nine years.

i'm not seeing any other information about this refurbishment anywhere else online. In fact the DIS is the only website that comes up when I google it. And it looks like every single refurbishment of Splash has happened in the winter for the last eight or nine years.

I cant speak to WDW because I really wouldn't know since this October will be our first and only trip as well It is not unheard of for Disney Parks to close a Splash, a water ride, while it is still quite hot out. Disneyland closed Splash Mountain Last October as well-so it does happen. It was in the mid 90's when I was there last year and no Splash:sad2:

See this is awful. I'm crushed that I won't be able to do Splash but I've done it probably a dozen times in the last few years and will do it again many more times in the future. But for someone like you to not be able to experience it ever is really sad. And I know things always have to be refurbed, but why not just do it in the winter like they always do? It makes so much more sense.

Any chance of moving your trip? It might be worth it if you honestly don't think you'll ever be back. I would hate to see a Disney fan not be able to ever ride Splash.

Maybe the dates are wrong. Disney hasn't officially announced anything yet so there's still hope!
What about the people who have once in a lifetime trips in the winter? I hate to be like that but there are once in a lifetime trips year round.

Wdwmagic.

What about the people who have once in a lifetime trips in the winter? I hate to be like that but there are once in a lifetime trips year round.

You're right but at least there is logic in closing a water ride in winter. Who wants to get soaking wet in the cold?

Again maybe I'm missing something but I don't see anything on there about the refurb.
Multiple reputable people in their forum have said this is happening as to make way for another MK refurb in early 2018.

Multiple reputable people in their forum have said this is happening as to make way for another MK refurb in early 2018.

Wow… "We gotta do some new construction to make way for more construction."

When you wish upon a crane, indeed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter