CONFIRMED! Splash Mountain REFURB: August 28 - November 16, 2017

Boo! We arrive in the afternoon on 8/27, but not planning to go to a park that day. I don't really want to add a day to our tickets (which I couldn't do until I got there since I bought them on UT) and give up our 1900 Park Fare dinner just for one ride, but it's kind of tempting.

On our last trip 2 years ago Pirates was down for refurb, so at least we'll get to ride that one this time.

Re-opens the week after we leave. Do these rehabs ever beat the clock and open early?

Bill From PA
We were there in January 2015 when Splash was going through a refurb. It was only supposed to be open on the last day of our trip but it ended up opening a couple of days early.

But will it (Everest) be down in January? We hope to go again Jan 2018. Everest and Splash are our two favorite rides. I hate that those of you traveling in the fall will miss Splash, but I'm glad it will be back up by January. Now, I've got my fingers crossed Everest isn't down.
That I don't know for sure but I doubt Everest will be down in early 2018.

o_O

They used to do refurbs of this ride every January, when it was cold outside and ridership and park crowds were both low. Every once in a while, that refurb went longer to perform more work. That made sense - timing and need. Doing this during hot months, and these are all hot months in Florida, is just poorly planned out. It reeks of poor management.
I disagree. The plan is to have another major ride down in early 2018, that is why splash is going down later this year. I have explained that several times in this thread.

Can someone post a link to the list of rumored refurb's? Have an early Aug trip and wondering if we should prepare for any closings?
There is a list of possible rides going down for refurbs over the next few years but we don't know when exactly they will yet.

Hooray! Sorry and to each their own but Splash is great except for the water for us! We always like to leave more room for the rest of you! Now BTMR...wish we could stay on six times in a row...oh, that's right, we have ! Love it!

I've never seen someone excited a ride is closed. :p

I'm "excited," too! If I had to pick something to be closed for refurb during our trip, it would be Splash or Space Mountain. One less ride I don't like, but endure for DD's sake, and bonus that I don't like getting wet on rides, so I'm good with this. Maybe I'll get lucky and Space will be down for some reason while we're there. :duck::p

*phew* thank you!! I got worried for a second!
Me, too! DD would be heartbroken if EE was closed for our trip.

We will be going in January and it is my DD8's favorite ride, I love it too.

But I agree with PP that it makes much more sense to refurb a water ride over the colder months when it has lower demand.

I don't know, not seeing anything 'official' anywhere. There's some wishful thinking here but I'm not buying it yet.

Bill From PA

I don't know, not seeing anything 'official' anywhere. There's some wishful thinking here but I'm not buying it yet.

Bill From PA
Disney has not updated their calendars yet. Currently there is no time information on the Disney website for Splash Mountain past June 30th.

I disagree. The plan is to have another major ride down in early 2018, that is why splash is going down later this year. I have explained that several times in this thread.
If it is not a wet ride, you can disagree all you wish. You would be wrong.

If it is not a wet ride, you can disagree all you wish. You would be wrong.
What does that have to do with anything? There are two seasons to take this ride down January to March and August to November. Due to another major ride going down in early 2018 they pushed this one to late 2017. Disney does not like to have multiple major attraction down at the same time.

I feel so badly for everyone who will miss this ride during the refurb. Splash is always our first ride each trip as well as our last ride before leaving.....and MANY times in between. It is a nostalgic favorite for the whole family. My husband downloaded the music many years ago and sometimes we will all listen to the track for warm fuzzies :love:

I remember going to WDW one year when TT was down for the big changeover. We actually avoided walking by it because it made us sad :sad:

I WISH they would take down Space Mountain and replace it with something less jerky. It is so jarring I don't even ride it any more. DDs and DH will do it once or twice a trip and even they are done....

Does the other ride involve water? if so, ok then, if not, why not switch the two?

(oops, duplicate of BuckeyeBama's question/post).
I would say probably not. The only other rides at WDW that involves water like Splash is Kali River Rapids. With that said Jungle Cruise, Small World, and several Epcot attractions are on the list to be refurbed over the next couple years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter