Spirit of Aloha - yes or no?

nikkid1

nikkid1
Can someone sell me on Spirit of Aloha? Mu husband and sister-in-law thinks it looks great, I want to be sure before I commit so many dining credits to it.

Thanks in advance!

The food is great & the show is fun. (My DH really enjoys partaking in the bottomless wine/beer.) We've done it three times & loved it each time.

We've done it three times as well, each time with tier 1 seating. We really enjoyed the food, service and slightly cheesy entertainment.

we always did this show..maybe six or so times with family and friends introducing them to it...this year and last year we went to Ohana and the food and experience were great...not like the Luau though..miss going to it...have fun

We did it a couple of years ago and thought it was really fun. The food wasn't the best I've ever had but was definitely adequate. The little skit/show was pretty cheesy but our kids liked it (our daughter was 6 at the time and she went up when they invited the kids to come dance and she really loved that). I really enjoyed the more cultural aspects of the show - the polynesian dancing and the fire dancing was really cool. I would definitely recommend doing it if you haven't. It was a really fun experience.

We went a few years ago - loved the show and the food! Go for it!
When it is time for audience participation - be sure to partake! Tons of fun!

Glad to hear the positive reviews, DH has been wanting to go back here for the last few trips, but he gives in and we go to HDDR instead. I think this trip we will give this a try for sure.

we're looking at either this or Hoop De Doo and both entertainment and menu wise this is the front runner.
we usually do one signature but have decided (based on menus) to do a show dinner instead.

When I went it was POURING rain the entire night. Like a constant Niagara Falls from the sky for hours. The show was definitely affected and was pretty blah with the weather, but the food was so amazing that no one in my party was upset about wasting the credits even though we basically only went there to eat. I personally would not pay out of pocket, but with the dining plan (especially if it's free) I would definitely do it. Also for what it's worth we sat in the lowest tier and that was more than fine.

Yup - I think it is most definitely worth it, especially since it's something you're not likely to experience otherwise. We've taken first-timers there and they've loved it, and I've recommended it to friends who have loved it as well.

The food is great, but also light and relatively healthy (that's something to be said for WDW food), and we've always had great service - especially on our drinks ... beer and wine barely gets past the glass half-empty stage before they bring you another one.

I wholeheartedly recommend it!

Would you rather do the Luau or Hoop-Dee-Do? Never done the luau both LOVE HDD....can't decide!!

We are thinking of doing this next trip. We went in the 90's, but would love to go back. What food is served? Is it good?

We go to SOA whenever we stay at the Poly, and try to go to Hoop Dee Doo every trip, regardless of where we are staying. While we often do both during a trip, if I had to choose one it would absolutely be Hoop Dee Doo. That said, we do enjoy the food and show at both.

We did the show for our anniversary. The food is AMAZING (same as what you can get in Ohana) and the show is good. Cheesy storyline but still good. I love the flame dancer... in awe every time!!! Totally worth it!

Hubs and I love the Luau! With tip and wine/beer included, the amazing show and good food... I look forward to it every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter