Spinoff of Toll Free Thread: Do you still have a landline?

We used cell phones exclusively for the last ten years or so. However, we have started our kids home alone for short periods of time so we wanted them to have a way to contact us without getting them cells so we got one of the cheap Vonage type plans. They are the only ones who use it.

We still have a landline. I find it to be more comfortable esp. on long calls everyday to my mom.
Good point! Sometimes when I expect to be talking a while, I'll ask to end the cell phone call and call them back from the landline.

We really only have the landline though because it's bundled in with our cable for next to nothing.

Plus, I miss a fair number of calls from my cell phone because I'm not always in the same room as my cell and refuse to carry it from room to room. We have 3 outlets on the landline and it can be heard anywhere in the house.

We have a landline, but no phone is plugged into it. Too many bad calls. The phone is in the closet, if needed.

I have not lived in a house with a landline since my divorce in 2003. During my single years and now since we have been married, we have never had a need for a landline. For the record, we do not have children, so that may have made things easier. People never seem to have a problem finding us.

Yes, at least for now. Did convert it from Verizon to a VOIP with Comcast.

Landline has been gone for about 8 years now. Only cell phones in our homes.

I got rid of my landline about five years ago, soon after my mother died. She was one of the very few besides solicitors who called me on it.

Yes, and it's ridiculous. Our internet service provider is the local telephone company, and for some inane reason they won't let you buy an internet-only package, you have to have a landline (and no, it's not dial-up).

I have never owned a landline in my adult life. I think we may have had one in 2001-2003, for the security system. We didn't have an actual phone though.

We haven't had a landline in 4-5 years or so. Don't miss it at all. The only calls we got were telemarketers, sometimes half a dozen a day even though our number was on the DNC list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!