Spin Off: Popular Foods you Dislike

Lettuce

Any kind of nut, though I do like peanut butter (yes, I'm weird)

Celery

Coconut

It wasn't until recently that I realized how many people DON'T like bananas.

For me there is a sweet spot that is a perfect banana and YUMMY!
YES!! And the perfect banana is just ripe enough to peel; before it gets too sweet-tasting. If the peel has even a speck of brown on it, it's gone past for my liking.

Also, I guess I'm a outing myself as a weirdo here - I actively dislike chocolate.

Last edited:
YES!! And the perfect banana is just ripe enough to peel; before it gets too sweet-tasting. If the peel has even a speck of brown on it, it's gone past for my taste.

Also, I guess I'm a outing myself as a weirdo here - I actively dislike chocolate.

Agree with you on the bananas, but you dislike chocolate? I knew there must be people like you out there somewhere, but never thought I'd actually encounter one! :laughing: (I'm still waiting for the person who says they've never cared for pizza. Now THAT would be a weirdo!)

Yes, bananas are gross! Unless baked into banana bread, then they don’t tast like bananas. Plantains are fine.

Avocados. Slimy creamy with no real flavor.

Mushrooms. Never.

Another banana hater here!

McDonald’s and similar fast food other than Sonic.
Cheap deli meat.
Chicken fat and skin.
Peanut butter.
Canned peas.
Red peppers.
Artificial sweetener.
Wonder bread type bread, unless it’s toasted.
Miracle whip.
Cauliflower
French fries, except super skinny ones, and even then I’d prefer something else.

Bananas and, unfortunately, cilantro. They are both very popular and in a lot of things, and the only two things I can think of that I actively dislike.

Bananas and, unfortunately, cilantro. They are both very popular and in a lot of things, and the only two things I can think of that I actively dislike.
I don't like cilantro, either. I did some research on it as to why I didn't, because it turns up in a lot of food these days.

Turns out there are 2 types of people: 1) those who think cilantro tastes "fresh" and 2) those who think cilantro tastes like soap. Unfortunately, I'm in the second group. It's a genetic/chemical thing. I found this explanation:
People who report that "cilantro tastes bad" have a variation of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to detect aldehydes—a compound found in cilantro that is also a by-product of soap and part of the chemical makeup of fluids sprayed by some bugs.

and there you have it.

I don't like cilantro, either. I did some research on it as to why I didn't, because it turns up in a lot of food these days.

Turns out there are 2 types of people: 1) those who think cilantro tastes "fresh" and 2) those who think cilantro tastes like soap. Unfortunately, I'm in the second group. It's a genetic/chemical thing. I found this explanation:
People who report that "cilantro tastes bad" have a variation of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to detect aldehydes—a compound found in cilantro that is also a by-product of soap and part of the chemical makeup of fluids sprayed by some bugs.

and there you have it.

Yep, it's a genetic thing. There's an interesting NYT article about it too. I wish it tasted fresh to me, but it ruins anything it's in.

Agree with you on the bananas, but you dislike chocolate? I knew there must be people like you out there somewhere, but never thought I'd actually encounter one! :laughing: (I'm still waiting for the person who says they've never cared for pizza. Now THAT would be a weirdo!)

I also detest chocolate. I ate it occasionally as a teen since it was the only thing that helped with my cramps, but I would gag from the taste. Thankfully those cramps are no longer an issue.

I'll eat bananas, but they're easily my least favorite fruit. Just too sweet.

DD9 hates pizza, so there is someone out there. When we order it, she ends up eating a PB&J.

I can't stand onions, sour cream, mayo, or any kind of dressing (ranch, french, thousand island, Greek, Italian, Russian, Caesar, Bleu cheese, honey mustard, vinaigrettes, etc). Oh, and cinnamon.

I also detest chocolate. I ate it occasionally as a teen since it was the only thing that helped with my cramps, but I would gag from the taste. Thankfully those cramps are no longer an issue.

I'll eat bananas, but they're easily my least favorite fruit. Just too sweet.

DD9 hates pizza, so there is someone out there. When we order it, she ends up eating a PB&J.

I can't stand onions, sour cream, mayo, or any kind of dressing (ranch, french, thousand island, Greek, Italian, Russian, Caesar, Bleu cheese, honey mustard, vinaigrettes, etc). Oh, and cinnamon.

Wow - I knew there had to be someone that didn't like pizza, but yet I'm still surprised.

Broccoli and coffee

I had some trauma at lunch in kindergarten with being forced to eat a hot dog, so that was an issue for a long time. As I've grown, I have eaten other sausages. Now I think I could eat a hot dog, but I'd still rather not.

M DH doesn't like condiments....so no ketchup, mayo, salad dressing (he has adapted to a few he will eat), coffee, bananas and yogurt and pudding and avocado (texture)

Sushi, blah. My husband loves seared tuna :crazy2:
I love fish, but it has to be cooked. I will eat tuna if I make it at home and cooked it thru. But they refuse to do that in restaurants.
Protein shakes

Condiments and sauces, especially if there's vinegar. Forget pickles or mustard or ketchup...

I don't "hate" it, but I'm not a fan of lobster or crab. Other people swoon over it, and for me, it's just "meh." These are probably the only "popular" foods I don't like. Other than that, I'm pretty typical in the things I like and dislike.

And, I have many, many favorites. LOL.

Anything made with coconut. I like coconut scented things like candles and sunscreen, but the texture of coconut puts me off. It's like biting into something and finding a bunch of other people's fingernails. Bleurgh.

Other than that, I'm a pretty adventurous eater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter