Spending money in Bahamas question

Stefani P.

Mouseketeer
Silly question. When we get off in Nassau, we can just use our credit card of we want to shop, right?
First time out of the country for me

It depends on your card but generally, yes you can just use your credit card in Nassau. You would want to notify your card issuer prior to leaving the country where you will be and that you anticipate using the card abroad.

You can, but be aware of the risk to get your card infos stolen (it happens a lot). DH and I usually just bring a little money and keep our card safe in case of emergency.

As said before, generally yes but it is always a good idea to just give your card company a call and let them know. Especially if you are going to make any big purchases like jewelry.

Silly question. When we get off in Nassau, we can just use our credit card of we want to shop, right?
First time out of the country for me

Sure. As others have advised let your card company know. I would also recommend using a card with no foreign transaction fees.

I’ve used my chase card all over the world and have never had info stolen. I’ve had it used illegally in the US a few Times and have had it replaced. Chase united mileages plus card does not charge transaction fees. Plus they send an email each time a foreign transaction is recorded. So you can easily track it.

Also just a friendly reminder to check if your credit card company has foreign transaction fees. Sometimes its like 1-3% of the purchase but its always good to call and check before....its somewhere buried in the fine print :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!