$$ spending cash $$

Butterflies31

Mouseketeer
This is Our First real Family Vacation there is Me and My husband, and my 3 Daughters ages 10,9 and 6. We have no clue what to bring to use for spending money. we have it planned the dinning plan the resort the hopper and all we need is that extra spending money. The girls seem to think 100.00 a peice is enough for them but I dont know.
:confused3 SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!:confused3

I would think that would be reasonable as spending money for thekids, but there are a few other tihngs you may want to consider. If you do basic dining you get 2 meals and a snack, so you might want to factor in breakfast, extra drinks, ect as well. You will also need tip money for TS meals as tips are not included on the DP. We are a family of 3 and we spent about $400 for a week. We weren't really watching every dime, though so I am sure we could have gotten by on less. We aren't a big souviner family so we just got a few things here and there.

I think $100 each for the kids is more than enough -- remind them that the trip itself is the big treat, and extras are just that -- extra. My dd had $60 on our last trip (she was 8) and we ended up giving her a little more because she and her cousin got into pin trading which can be kind of spendy. $100 would have been plenty, even with pins. But I would also plan to take some for tips and incidentals, too.

I think some of it depends on your personality and preferences. Last time we went, my husband and I spent nothing (except a few soaps from epcot for me) on ourselves. While I love Disney, we're not the type to wear a disney shirt or put up a disney knick-knack in our house. Our kids didn't really get any clothes either and weren't interested in pins, but we bought them quite a few toys/stuffed animals. I would easily say we spent at least $100 on each of them. If you know there's something there they're really into (example: my son can't wait to spend all his money on star wars stuff this time) or if you know they want a tee from every park, they might need a little more.

We did $100 for the girls (ages 10,9,8,&2) last year in gift cards. Each person got a different design so they wouldn't get mixed up. We were there for 10 days and it was perfect. We will be doing the same thing this year as well and include my DH for a gift card.
Good luck!

We're also doing the Gift Cards for the kids. I have told my fam to give cash for the kids gifts this year so I can put it on one card for them for our trip in July.

I'd keep cash for everything else. Just check your itinerary and see how much you want to keep on you that day. :)

Our two DDs (8,5) have a chort chart/ allowance. We do the give, save, and spend with them, which includes chores, birthday money, etc. Last year, youngest took over $100 with her as she wanted the toy Cinderella castle. That was all she talked about wanting to do with her money. The oldest was a little more frugal. We usually buy them a pair of earrings and a pin for collecting, but everything else is spent on food not covered by DP.

I plan to only give mine $100 a piece but we will only be there for 7-8 days. Considering they will be at WDW and having a blast I think that is more than enough money. But again I could be wrong, this is our first trip.

I love clothes...we're taking DD4 so there's really no limit and she's not quite at that "I want that" age and could care less. She'll probably end up with some big disney stuffed animal and I'll get her some clothes and maybe a couple trinkets but she doesn't need toys...we'll see...ha ha!

I am giving my kids $100 each as well. My DS's can spend that easily in the Lego store but DD may not use it all. She is very frugal with her money plus all she ever wants is stuffed animals and some jewlery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter