• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Speeding up park entry

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
OK, so this is very much a tiny inconvenience. I agree.

I'm local, have an AP and visit the parks frequently. It seems that many guests have some issue with their park admission that requires a plaid to come and fix it at the tap styles. I understand that happens. What I don't understand is why they can't just move those people to the side and continue to process the ones in line behind them rather than holding up everything.

And yes, I use the AP entrance line whenever possible. Sadly this happens there too.

Thanks for listening. 📻

We are always stuck behind the person who doesn't understand how to tap in or has a problem with their card and it irks me to no end that they hold up the whole line instead of processing the guests behind them while they wait to figure it out when there are additional tapstiles available.

I agree - very frustrating and it happens every time I go to the parks.

This happens at Universal too and I felt so bad the last time I went there because I was the issue. The scanner had an issue scanning my fingerprint and they had to call someone else to help me. I felt SO bad that I was holding up the line.

I've been the issue before, for some reason the readers don't like my fingers and they don't read. I can go in one park in the morning and everything work fine, then hop to another that afternoon and it doesn't read. I know how to put my finger on the reader and it's not a matter of me putting it in the wrong position or putting down too tight or having lotion or something on it. It just doesn't read sometimes. I agree, they should just pull me aside and deal with it and let everyone else go through. Obviously if my MB reads I have a ticket, they have to do the whole resetting thing and sometimes take my picture.

Totally agree. Just got back from a week-long trip and this happened almost every time we scanned in. I don't think anyone in our party of 5 ever had any issues, so it is always frustrating when so many others do.

Seemed to mostly happen when people were using their phones to scan in. Either they weren't on the right page or weren't holding it right. MagicBands seem to work best, IMO.

Agreed. And have your family step aside too. I get the kids are excited jumping around but don't block the way.

I am still grateful for the new security/bag check system. It seemed that I (solo little backpack) was forever getting stuck behind the large family who brought all their luggage with that had to be opened & checked & fell out & repacked before they could move along :rotfl:

I agree - very frustrating and it happens every time I go to the parks.

This happens at Universal too and I felt so bad the last time I went there because I was the issue. The scanner had an issue scanning my fingerprint and they had to call someone else to help me. I felt SO bad that I was holding up the line.

I always have problems at UO but rarely Disney. I just have my identification out with my AP and ready to show them when my finger randomly decides to work. It doesn't work more than it works. They have reset so many times that I can't count.

I've been the issue before, for some reason the readers don't like my fingers and they don't read. I can go in one park in the morning and everything work fine, then hop to another that afternoon and it doesn't read. I know how to put my finger on the reader and it's not a matter of me putting it in the wrong position or putting down too tight or having lotion or something on it. It just doesn't read sometimes. I agree, they should just pull me aside and deal with it and let everyone else go through. Obviously if my MB reads I have a ticket, they have to do the whole resetting thing and sometimes take my picture.

I have problems on some of these too. I have found that my thumb is the worst, so I always use my pointer finger. Also, it seems if it's cold out or my hands are particularly dry, usually when it's cold, then I have more issues. In this weather, I start rubbing my finger to warm it up. I make sure to put lotion on that finger tip before we enter the park. I also sometimes will get it damp and rub it, not sure why that works though. I also have problems with automatic faucets/towel dispensers and the touch screen of my phone. I tend to have cold hands a lot, especially in the winter.

Last time i went my magic band turned blue and they called over a plaid. I moved over to the side to allow for other guests to tap in. It turned out to be an issue with my payment plan and I had to go over to Guest Relations. Simple reason is people just don’t move. It’s not the cast members. I’ve had a family of four just stand at the turnstiles while their issue was being fixed, at park open no less.

I'm an AP and always the person holding up the line. The scanners hate my fingers - all of them. I have to have my fingerprints re-set every single trip at least once. I had one trip where my finger had to be re-set every day, sometimes multiple times in a day. I just have bad fingerprints (it's an issue when I have to get fingerprinted for things elsewhere too). I always try to step to the side though and my family knows to go ahead without me.

I think they should designate some entrances as “express entrances” meaning you tap your ticket, scan your finger and get one redo if it lights up blue. No other assistance provided.

No park reservation, no ticket purchased, you don’t have ticket media in hand already or MagicMobile set up, you fail the second finger scan - you are sent away to the back of the non-express lines, no questions asked whatsoever.

I think they should designate some entrances as “express entrances” meaning you tap your ticket, scan your finger and get one redo if it lights up blue. No other assistance provided.

No park reservation, no ticket purchased, you don’t have ticket media in hand already or MagicMobile set up, you fail the second finger scan - you are sent away to the back of the non-express lines, no questions asked whatsoever.
No. That would cause way too many issues. Even passholders can’t figure it out sometimes or have issues on Disney’s side.

Ever since upgrading from the iPhone with the fingerprint to the one with Face ID, I’ve wondered why Disney does not do a similar upgrade at their entrance points. So much quicker as well as more hygienic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter