Speculation/Blue Sky

mvk

Mouseketeer
Not news or rumors, but figured it would work here. Just want to see people throw out some ideas/thoughts on some things that could happen in the future at WDW. Not necessarily stuff that has been rumored (CarsLand or StarWars Land) but new ideas. Just to throw some stuff out there -

1. In 10-15 years, next MK expansion will be New Frontierland, north of Big Thunder Mtn, across the waterway. Will include Lone Ranger attraction, Woody's Roundup 3D (or newer technology) show, and a table service steakhouse.

2. In 5-7 years, one or two table service restaurants per park will be excluded from the DDP, except for the top line DDP. This will include menus unique to the restaurants, where you can't get the same items elsewhere in the parks.

3. In 5-7 years, Disney will partner with Google, Apple, or Facebook to completely renovate Innoventions East and West.

4. The next new (non-DVC addition ala Grand Floridian) resort will be another value suites, like Art of Animation. Disney will capitalize on Marvel in Florida by not having them in theme parks, but at a resort. This will include Spiderman, IronMan, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, X-Men, etc. They can do this because the agreement only includes theme parks. This is why they were able to wrap the monorail in the Avengers and Iron Man skins for the MK resorts loop (but not on the Epcot line).

5. 10-15 years after Avatarland is complete, Disney will expand Animal Kingdom to the east with Australia (yes, I know there are rumors of Australia in AK). Finding Nemo theater will be the entrance to the land, which will include a dolphin water show, a walk-through like Maharajah Jungle Trek that includes kangaroos, crocodiles, wallaby, dingo's, tasmanian devils, koala bears, tree frogs, etc. It will also include 2 rides and a table service seafood restaurant.

So, what are your ideas/dreams?

Not news or rumors, but figured it would work here. Just want to see people throw out some ideas/thoughts on some things that could happen in the future at WDW. Not necessarily stuff that has been rumored (CarsLand or StarWars Land) but new ideas. Just to throw some stuff out there -

1. In 10-15 years, next MK expansion will be New Frontierland, north of Big Thunder Mtn, across the waterway. Will include Lone Ranger attraction, Woody's Roundup 3D (or newer technology) show, and a table service steakhouse.

2. In 5-7 years, one or two table service restaurants per park will be excluded from the DDP, except for the top line DDP. This will include menus unique to the restaurants, where you can't get the same items elsewhere in the parks.

3. In 5-7 years, Disney will partner with Google, Apple, or Facebook to completely renovate Innoventions East and West.

4. The next new (non-DVC addition ala Grand Floridian) resort will be another value suites, like Art of Animation. Disney will capitalize on Marvel in Florida by not having them in theme parks, but at a resort. This will include Spiderman, IronMan, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, X-Men, etc. They can do this because the agreement only includes theme parks. This is why they were able to wrap the monorail in the Avengers and Iron Man skins for the MK resorts loop (but not on the Epcot line).

5. 10-15 years after Avatarland is complete, Disney will expand Animal Kingdom to the east with Australia (yes, I know there are rumors of Australia in AK). Finding Nemo theater will be the entrance to the land, which will include a dolphin water show, a walk-through like Maharajah Jungle Trek that includes kangaroos, crocodiles, wallaby, dingo's, tasmanian devils, koala bears, tree frogs, etc. It will also include 2 rides and a table service seafood restaurant.

I love the way you think. I do think MK will have another expansion in the next 10-15 years not quite sure if it will be frontier land but I definitely think that or tomorrow land will get an upgrade. Also disney will have to do something in Epcot soon i believe there is plenty of technology there to do something. I would want them to partner with apple but I think that would be the least likely of the tech giants to do so. Google I think will be the most likely. I would love to see a new marvel hotel come soon but i don't know how soon that would be. Another option I think would be a Star Wars hotel because they have more options for that with rights and stuff. AK will hopefully be done with Avatarland in the next 10-15 years the way things are going who knows. But I also agree they will expand more in AK as well.

The one thing I have been wanting for a long time is something new and exciting to take over the old river country. River country is rotted and needs to be torn down there have been plenty of rumors for this place but I think a hotel would be best. With all this said all we can do is hope.

I love your idea for a Marvel value resort. I think this is totally plausible and really could happen. I could really see the rumored Monsters Inc coaster or some sort of Pixar ride being added to Pixar Place in HS. That park is in desperate need of something (with the exception of star ward land). Another thing I really want to see is something to go into the old 'Wonders of Life' Pavilion in EPCOT. It's just hard for me to come up with something for it, which is probably why it is still empty lol. I would also like to see the Odyssey turn back into a restaurant. I don't think an expansion in the MK will happen. I do think more rides might get updated or overhauled, just not an actual land expansion. I wouldn't mind an expansion, I just don't see it happening.

Like this! Here's my thoughts.

Low likelyhood. I think the next "great expansion" would come from the Speedway and off behind Space Mountain. Also I doubt Lone Ranger will have much traction in 10-15 years.

Interesting...certainly a possibilty but not sure if it's a big change to the "guest experience".

My suggestion would be along these lines, but instead would say "In 5-7 years, Disney will partner with Google, Apple, or Facebook to completely renovate The Imagination Pavillion."

Of the things you mention, this is the most likely. I could very well see Disney leveraging Marvel this way.

5. 10-15 years after Avatarland is complete, Disney will expand Animal Kingdom to the east with Australia (yes, I know there are rumors of Australia in AK). Finding Nemo theater will be the entrance to the land, which will include a dolphin water show, a walk-through like Maharajah Jungle Trek that includes kangaroos, crocodiles, wallaby, dingo's, tasmanian devils, koala bears, tree frogs, etc. It will also include 2 rides and a table service seafood restaurant.).

I'm gonna say...never gonna happen.

In 2014, Disney announces that the expansion of Disney Springs will have a section (known as The Landing) that is devoted to night time entertainment. Former fans of Pleasure Island celebrate by getting falling-down drunk throughout Downtown Disney. Disney cancels plans the next day.

In 2015, after the massive success of Star Wars Episode VII takes in $528 million domestic and $1.8 billion world-wide, Disney announces the addition to the Disney Studios (note the Hollywood has been dropped) of a major Star Wars expansion. Includes a Star-Wars themed roller coaster, restaurant and stage show.

In 2016, Disney announces plans to FINALLY fix the Imagination Pavillion in Epcot. To save money, they end up just replacing the ride with the original ride. Fans are overjoyed until they ride it, and declare it "Not as good as I remember".

IN 2018 - three years behind schedule, Disney's "World of Avatar" opens in DAK just in time for their 20th annversary. Disney declares AK "finally complete".

Low likelyhood. I think the next "great expansion" would come from the Speedway and off behind Space Mountain. Also I doubt Lone Ranger will have much traction in 10-15 years.

Interesting...certainly a possibilty but not sure if it's a big change to the "guest experience".

My suggestion would be along these lines, but instead would say "In 5-7 years, Disney will partner with Google, Apple, or Facebook to completely renovate The Imagination Pavillion."

Of the things you mention, this is the most likely. I could very well see Disney leveraging Marvel this way.

I'm gonna say...never gonna happen.

In 2014, Disney announces that the expansion of Disney Springs will have a section (known as The Landing) that is devoted to night time entertainment. Former fans of Pleasure Island celebrate by getting falling-down drunk throughout Downtown Disney. Disney cancels plans the next day.

In 2015, after the massive success of Star Wars Episode VII takes in $528 million domestic and $1.8 billion world-wide, Disney announces the addition to the Disney Studios (note the Hollywood has been dropped) of a major Star Wars expansion. Includes a Star-Wars themed roller coaster, restaurant and stage show.

In 2016, Disney announces plans to FINALLY fix the Imagination Pavillion in Epcot. To save money, they end up just replacing the ride with the original ride. Fans are overjoyed until they ride it, and declare it "Not as good as I remember".

IN 2018 - three years behind schedule, Disney's "World of Avatar" opens in DAK just in time for their 20th annversary. Disney declares AK "finally complete".

I'm with all of what you said!

I like the Apple/Facebook idea, and it's totally doable.

I would love to see a resort (or expansion) on Discovery Island, maybe a la treehouse villas or the rumored Poly bungalows. A "shipwrecked" theme would be interesting. :)

I am of the belief that the Lone Ranger is going to be a pretty big hit and will spawn a series over the next 10 years or so, as POTC has. I'm thinking maybe finally dust off the Western River Expedition plans to use as a base for this ride.

I think there is a very good merchandising and 'experience' (ala League of Pirates) potential in The Lone Ranger. Sort of the human/more grown up version of Woody that bigger kids might be more interested in. Of course Disney isn't likely to sell six-shooters as merchandise, especially in the parks, but there is costuming for both Lone Ranger and Tonto.

That is why I'm thinking Lone Ranger/Western River Expedition ride, Cowboys/Indians experience (League of Pirates), Woody's Roundup 3D (or newer technology) show, new Woody/Jesse/Bullseye meet & greet, Table Service steakhouse, a train station, and a dock for the Liberty Belle, the last two for transportation purposes. Would also likely have to figure a path from where the Woody Meet/Greet is now, with a bridge over the waterway next to the train bridge.

Likely? Probably not. Possible? Sure.

mk has just finished an extension which turns out to be just a lot of story book type pictures and buildings.:rolleyes1 maybe the mine train will help when that opens. otherwise it is just a lot of walking. i have not seen anything in the new castles that are fun. the addition of an extra dumbo is great.

a monster's inc coaster would be a really big hit and hs really needs a big hit.

the pirates thing at hs is a total flop in my estimation.:confused: when we went in we just stood in a room and looked at a ship while someone read a story. maybe it was broken that day, but i will not stand in line for that again. they could have done something fantastic with that one.

the long ranger idea is fantastic.::yes:: i hope that one takes place while i am still young enough to go to wdw.

i thought ak was supposed to be all african animals! the addition of others would be great.

The Next Non-DVC Resort should be a Moderate level with Family suites. The moderates is currently the only level at Disney that can not be booked for a family of 6.

the who #3 said:
i thought ak was supposed to be all african animals! the addition of others would be great.

AK includes animals from Asia on the Maharajah Jungle Trek, such as tigers, etc. Very cool when they're actually awake!

I want to see a Star Wars deluxe resort. Some of the CM's could be dressed up as storm troopers, they could have a cantina restaurant with an alien animatronic band playing in the corner. The inside of the buildings could look like the inside of the death star. They could staff some of the areas with robots to do simple tasks.

That place would be booked solid all of the time.

Don't you think guests at a Marvel themed hotel will want to spend a day or two riding the Marvel movies? Not sure that's a good idea.

A Blue Sky thread isn't complete without a discussion about extending the monorail or going with a pod system. I think Disney is skipping intermediate technology and is waiting for teleportation.

I think the Jungle Cruise and Indy Speedway are "holding a place" for future attractions.

I think Disney will find a place for World of Color (5-7 years max)

New resort where River Country was?

I'm sure Disney would love Apple as a sponsor. Apple has to see a benefit.

Start charging guests for parking. Cars are used for "bad things". Visiting "other" theme parks. Buying under priced soda and "fun foods" at places like Target. Dining at restaurants which don't set prices to the Disney market.

I want to see a Star Wars deluxe resort. Some of the CM's could be dressed up as storm troopers, they could have a cantina restaurant with an alien animatronic band playing in the corner. The inside of the buildings could look like the inside of the death star. They could staff some of the areas with robots to do simple tasks.

That place would be booked solid all of the time.

I think you're much more likely to see that in the parks (DHS) than as a resort. Marvel, due to its Universal deal, is more likely to be a resort theme.

There might be enough room between DHS and Art of Animation to build a 'Backdoor Resort' for DHS, even if they extended that side of DHS over to the little creek that runs through the property.

And actually, that backdoor entrance would be a good place to put the Earful Tower if they have to move it, if they need space for CarsLand where it is presently.

That's only about $2B worth of ideas right there though.

Don't you think guests at a Marvel themed hotel will want to spend a day or two riding the Marvel movies? Not sure that's a good idea.

A Blue Sky thread isn't complete without a discussion about extending the monorail or going with a pod system. I think Disney is skipping intermediate technology and is waiting for teleportation.

I think the Jungle Cruise and Indy Speedway are "holding a place" for future attractions.

I think Disney will find a place for World of Color (5-7 years max)

New resort where River Country was?

I'm sure Disney would love Apple as a sponsor. Apple has to see a benefit.

Start charging guests for parking. Cars are used for "bad things". Visiting "other" theme parks. Buying under priced soda and "fun foods" at places like Target. Dining at restaurants which don't set prices to the Disney market.

I think it will draw people who love Marvel who usually stay closer to Universal to ride those rides, actually. Marvel is pretty male-centric as well, and if its used as a backdoor resort to DHS, with say, a CarsLand and/or Star Wars Land, two other male-centric franchises, I think that will be a big draw to people who might not otherwise stay at Disney.

Add a Marvel character meal restaurant to the resort, and that place would be extremely popular.

I might be wrong, but I feel like the Jungle Cruise and the Indy Speedway are two things that will not be changed or taken out of the Magic Kingdom. There is a 'Speedway' in every main Disney Park, and the Jungle Cruise is classic Disney. I feel like those two will always be there.

2014 DHS adds Monster's Inc Coaster, Imcredibles or Meet the Robinsons simulator ride. Also, a family coaster/dark ride that follows crush through the EAC.

2015 Epcot announces a new pavilion to take over Imagination called Spy Pavilion. The whole pavilion will pay tribute to espionage and how intelligence plays a huge part in our world ala the spy museum. Disney can do what they do best, storytelling. The merchandise would create and sell itself.

2016 MK announces plan to add New Orleans to new fantasyland with a Princess and the Frog boat ride, Tiana's Place restaurant with animatronic Louie and live Jazz. Also, a friends on the other side coaster. In the same year Star Wars land opens at DHS with an e ticket dual track coaster where guests can pick the dark side or the ways of the Jedi.

2018 Avatarland has been completed a couple of years and disney announces new expansion in DAK for Australia, Ocean and Antarctic themed lands to be completed over the next 10+ years.

Just wishes that I'm sure none would ever happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter