SpectacuLAB - reviews/reports?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Pdollar88, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

Any word on reviews on SpectacuLAB? Or advice on how early to arrive? I'm curious how popular it is, or if most people even know it's there.

Wondering/hoping I can just show up a couple of minutes before the first show (10:30) and get in to see it.

2. stinkpickle

stinkpickle DIS Veteran

The kids walked right up to the 4:30 show yesterday. It looked like there were maybe 20 people in line, or so. I didn't go, because I stayed back with their food and drinks, but they really enjoyed it.

GADisneyDad14 and Pdollar88 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

Awesome! Thank you for the info!

5. Hope Soda

Hope Soda Mouseketeer

How long is the show?

6. stinkpickle

stinkpickle DIS Veteran

Roughly 1/2 hour.

7. Hope Soda

Hope Soda Mouseketeer

Cool. Thank you both so much for bringing this to my attention. I am going to have to work this into my Epcot plans for next month. My 7 year old is big into science.

8. g-dad66

g-dad66 DIS Veteran

Has anyone done this yet? Would be interested in your opinions, thanks.

(For those who don't know, this is in Innoventions at Epcot.)

9. djc9699

djc9699 Mouseketeer

We enjoyed this in late December. It was fun watching the kids' interactions and the scientists were very sensitive to ensuring all the kids who wanted to participate were able to. We simply walked by as they were opening the door and decided to walk in. The kids sit on the floor in front of the stage and there was plenty of bench seating available. Definitely not crowded.

g-dad66 likes this.
  10. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

I enjoyed this as well! I did it on my last week of November/first week of December trip. I don't think I would recommend it for audiences without children, really. I had hoped this would be something my bf would enjoy (he's a big science person) but most of the experiments weren't quite what I was expecting. The final (and dramatic experiment) was neat though. And the kids who were participating certainly seemed to enjoy it.

g-dad66 likes this.
  11. firstwdw

firstwdw DIS Veteran

I am assuming young children would enjoy this show more than a 12/13 year old teen? I was really hoping it would appeal to a wide range of ages.

12. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

I'm not sure how wide-ranging the appeal would be, and I hesitate to offer my opinion as I took neither teens nor younger children. I'm 30, and I mostly enjoyed it going solo. It was marginally entertaining, but not something I would personally do again in a hurry. I think the ending experiment could be entertaining for a teen - but I fear that the bulk of the show would not be.

13. j2thomason

j2thomason DIS Veteran

Does this show have different versions? We have been a couple of times and my daughter thinks that there are different topics at different show times. Does anyone know anything about this??