Specialty Dessert at BOG was WIN! The chocolate ROSE was GREAT!

My wife wanted to spend her birthday in the Magic Kingdom with dinner at BOG. I tried to order a custom cake, but those are not allowed in the parks anymore. My best option was the specialty dessert offerings. Well the Trio of mini cupcakes with chocolate rose at BOG worked out great! None of the pictures came out so since it was so dark, but the short video did fine. I thought it was well presented and helped celebrate the special moment in a special place.

YES it had the GREY STUFF and YES it was delicious and YES we asked the dishes!!!!

The costs was $15 and can be ordered by emailing WDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com

It came with a Grey Stuff cupcake, a Triple Chocolate cupcake, and a Strawberry cupcake. The Rose was filled with GREY STUFF and as previously noted it was delicious.

Awesome!!! We're celebrating my bf's birthday at BOG for dinner and I'm going to order this for him! Kind of wish it were my birthday instead, though.. :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing, I wouldn't have known this was an option otherwise.

Could you do this for breakfast or lunch or is it only for dinner reservations?

A website I saw with all of the specialty dessert options said at BOG it is only available during dinner. Quite the bummer because I would have ordered just that for lunch or breakfast!

Thanks OP- I researched this and I plan to do the CRT one for DD15's Sweet 16th celebration after our late breakfast.
We have BOG dinner too, but later we have the dessert party, so CRT with a glass slipper it is. :)
Thanks for the info! This and the Memento Mori post, you have helped my trip planning!

I gave 2 weeks notice. I had to email them my reservation number for dinner. The costs was added to my check at dinner.

Thanks. Unfortunately I have to try to get a few reservations because my DD will not have her work schedule, but I should know about a week beforehand.

Thanks OP- I researched this and I plan to do the CRT one for DD15's Sweet 16th celebration after our late breakfast.
We have BOG dinner too, but later we have the dessert party, so CRT with a glass slipper it is. :)
Thanks for the info! This and the Memento Mori post, you have helped my trip planning!

We had lunch at CRT that same day and I did the specialty dessert slipper as well.
the dessert was fine, but the experience was a complete disappointment. They forgot to bring it out and brought out the regular desserts first. The staff seemed completely aggravated at having to do this. So when it did come out nobody ate it because they already had dessert.
CRT seems to be a well oiled machine that runs at a certain pace. When you do something different it throws off the whole routine.

So here is what I would do based on my experience. I would pull the waiter aside or the greeter and make sure they know you have a specialty dessert ordered and to bring it out BEFORE the desserts that come with CRT. I wish I would have done that.

This is super cute! We will be celebrating my DD's 16th birthday and she will love it!!

Has anyone been able to confirm that this is only available for dinner? I would love to do this for my daughter at lunch!

Has anyone been able to confirm that this is only available for dinner? I would love to do this for my daughter at lunch!

This says available at dinner only: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/magic-kingdom-specialty-desserts/

I don't know their source or where to find it on the WDW website; I take it on good faith -- but, you can always email the WDW contact listed and confirm for yourself :)

There are MK dessert specialties available for other TS lunch spots on that list, fwiw

I've seen it listed as "dinner only" in a couple of places, though I can't remember if any of them were an official site. I'd also love to do it for lunch.

I've seen it listed as "dinner only" in a couple of places, though I can't remember if any of them were an official site. I'd also love to do it for lunch.
When I inquired for the BOG specialty dessert I was told it was only available for dinner.

I was curious if anyone can with in on if it it's worth getting the BOG specialty dessert for my 4:40 ADR the night of MVMCP, which i will be attending, or would it be a waste with all oud the cookies and other treats throughout the party?

I have the CRT one ordered for a 10:10 breakfast July 17th. Just passing on the info incase it helps anyone at earlier ADRs at CRT.
I will post on our experience with it when we get back! :)

I was curious if anyone can with in on if it it's worth getting the BOG specialty dessert for my 4:40 ADR the night of MVMCP, which i will be attending, or would it be a waste with all oud the cookies and other treats throughout the party?

I am probably the last person to talk some off the ledge about eating more sweets. :) The cookies and treats throughout the party can have some long lines sometimes. It just depends on when/where you decide you want the treats. Some locations are less busier than others.

I wouldn't miss out on dessert at BOG if there are items you really think you would enjoy on the menu. Who wants to miss the grey stuff and disappoint the dishes? :)

We have eaten at BOG before, but I wasn't sure about adding the specialty dessert on the night of a party since there is all you can get or eat cookies and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter