Speciality Coffee Mug

venny

Mouseketeer
So, I've heard loads about the Beer Mug and also the Souvenir Cocktail glasses. However, one thing I've never seen mentioned on these boards is what I stumbled across on the DCL website the other day. Under the Cove Cafe section of the website, at the very bottom, this is mentioned...

"Guests who purchase a specialty coffee mug—available in Cove Café and other shops onboard—are entitled to a complimentary coffee in Cove Café. Snacks are complimentary."

Does anyone know what this mug is and how it works? I've never seen or heard anything of it until I read this.

I don't know about a mug but I know they have a frequent buyer card. After you buy so many coffee's you get one free. You can use the card on multiple cruises.

The last 2 cruises,( Dream and Wonder) the Cove Café didn't have any of the mugs. We do have 2 mugs from previous Magic cruises. They are actuality a good quality travel mug that I have used daily for a couple of years.

I bought one on the Alaska cruise -- I think it was $7.95 for the mug with a regular coffee drink and $9.95 for a coffee drink with alcohol.

Also, as a side note, I was in Cove Cafe when someone came in to redeem their free drink from the punch card, and they were told that free drink cannot contain alcohol.

I know! The lady who was using the punch card said all her purchased drinks had alcohol, and she was sad that the free one couldn't. No free drinks, I guess!

Also, as a side note, I was in Cove Cafe when someone came in to redeem their free drink from the punch card, and they were told that free drink cannot contain alcohol.

I have ALWAYS gotten a coffee drink with alcohol with my free punch! ALWAYS! Now, by the time I redeemed it I already a favorite server/bartender in CC/Outlook and they had served me regular coffees and spiked coffees and been tipped nicely, so perhaps that made the difference. :confused3

We also had free alcohol added for the punch card altough we did not intended we ordered one with and without and got the one with for free. We also did tip for all the coffees and had a bond with our favourite barrista.
Looking forward to the Cove Cafe still 61 days to go...

I thought a 15% tip is already added to any drink they charge for (stuff you get from bartenders, Cave Cove, smothies, etc.). How do you tip extra? Is there a tip jar or do you need to sign for stuff and that's when you can write in an extra amount?

I bought one on the Alaska cruise -- I think it was $7.95 for the mug with a regular coffee drink and $9.95 for a coffee drink with alcohol.

So do you get one free coffee drink with the mug? Or is there a deal when you bring it back for a refill? Or do they consider your 'free' coffee the one you get when you buy the mug? I've really got to cut back on the caffeine...

I purchased my mug (it is a travel mug) in the shops, not at Cove Cafe - and so long ago I forget if that is what they filled or not but I am sure that I got my free one. I do the puch cards each time I travel and always get at least one free coffee. And, I keep my cards from cruise to cruise too if it was not full and just start with it on the next trip.

LuvIt - you have to sign for your drink (and give them your KTTW card as well) and the precalculated tip is on there with a line for any additional amount you may choose to add.

I know this is an old thread but rather than start a new one I decided to just post here... Does anyone have a link to a pic of the "specialty coffee mug"? Also, isn't it enough to just stick with the 15% tip already included in the cost of the drink? Of course, if a CM was taking a lot of time to get to know us and/or going above and beyond I would most definitely acknowledge that with an additional tip but if you're just popping into Cove Cafe for a specialty coffee there's no expectation from the CM for extra, right? (This goes for anywhere else onboard as well.) We never make it to any adult-exclusive areas but our next cruise is a 7-nighter and I would love to pop in briefly for a frappe or yummy martini.

I know this is an old thread but rather than start a new one I decided to just post here... Does anyone have a link to a pic of the "specialty coffee mug"? Also, isn't it enough to just stick with the 15% tip already included in the cost of the drink? Of course, if a CM was taking a lot of time to get to know us and/or going above and beyond I would most definitely acknowledge that with an additional tip but if you're just popping into Cove Cafe for a specialty coffee there's no expectation from the CM for extra, right? (This goes for anywhere else onboard as well.) We never make it to any adult-exclusive areas but our next cruise is a 7-nighter and I would love to pop in briefly for a frappe or yummy martini.

At the risk of being given a stern talking to from some, and with full knowledge it probably will, I admit we do not tip over the top and everyone has always been lovely to us. I almost never tip the baristas in my home town either and I worked at a starbucks for 4 years. They are always lovely and we chat anyway - I don't see being pleasant as going above and beyond. It would leave a very bad taste in my mouth to get bad service or a nasty drink because we did not add to the 15% tip! To each their own :goodvibes

I've always purchased coffee with alcohol in the Cove Cafe and never had a problem redeeming my 6th free one as the same. This was as recent as December 2012. I'm really surprised to hear this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter