SPECIAL WAYS TO CELEBRATE OUR DAUGHTERS 5TH BIRTHDAY/PRE-SCHOOL GRADUATION

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
We will be coming in August 2020 to celebrate our daughters preschool graduation and 5th birthday. Wanted to know more about afternoon tea options at GF. How long are they? What is the total cost? Are they worth doing? What is the differences between tea with princesses and afternoon tea? I see the cost is quadruaple for tea with princesses vs afternoon tea. What is served at each? We will be doing BBB for her and hopefully eating at CRT and BOG. Wanted to also know more about the different packages at BBB. We will be wanting to do it at MK before on the day we have breakfast at CRT and dinner at BOG. Any other great special ideas to celebrate? We will be coming for 5 or 6 days. This will be our daughter's 2nd trip.

Afternoon Tea at the GF has a kids’ option (Mrs. Potts tea) but I would say it is a more adult-oriented “meal.” We went when DD was 7 and she did well but got bored (we booked it for *me* not for her). It is not a meal, more of a decent (expensive) snack. Think of traditional “English” tea - finger sandwiches and little sweet cakes.

We haven’t done the Princess Tea but it is an event geared for kids. Characters will be in attendance, and I believe the girls receive a doll (not sure what boys get).

If she enjoys playing “tea party” and has patience for an hour in a relatively quiet sedate environment, she may be ok at the Afternoon Tea. But it is not a less-expensive substitute of the Princess Tea - go with that if you want a real princess experience for her.

Enjoy your vacation!

Another thought for you - we arrived on my daughter's 7th birthday, and it was too busy of a day to actually do anything at a park but we did special order a cake for her and it was a real special treat. We were just at Art of Animation that night, and the manager of the food court got so excited about her birthday being "there" and he got the cast members and entire food court singing happy birthday to her. It was a really cool experience for the cost (the custom cake with an image and her name was maybe $40 tops, although you can get very expensive very quickly if you want something with tiers or very custom decoration). You can get them delivered to most table service places.

They also have those in-room celebrations - they are also very expensive - but while you are out that day someone will come in and decorate and leave some presents etc.

Good luck!

Afternoon Tea at the GF has a kids’ option (Mrs. Potts tea) but I would say it is a more adult-oriented “meal.” We went when DD was 7 and she did well but got bored (we booked it for *me* not for her). It is not a meal, more of a decent (expensive) snack. Think of traditional “English” tea - finger sandwiches and little sweet cakes.

We haven’t done the Princess Tea but it is an event geared for kids. Characters will be in attendance, and I believe the girls receive a doll (not sure what boys get).

If she enjoys playing “tea party” and has patience for an hour in a relatively quiet sedate environment, she may be ok at the Afternoon Tea. But it is not a less-expensive substitute of the Princess Tea - go with that if you want a real princess experience for her.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thanks Do you know which princesses?

Disclaimer: I have not been to any of these, but have read several reviews over the years.

The Perfectly Princess tea is hosted by Rose Petal (she tells her story about who she is at the event), and Aurora meets with each girl in attendance. Each girl gets a doll, a crown, a real rose, a necklace, a charm bracelet, a scrap book page/doll best friend certificate, stickers, and a cinch bag. Kids are served ham or turkey and cheese and pb&j finger sandwiches along with fruit, and apple juice served in a tea cup. Adults get tea and adult finger sandwiches (think stuff like egg salad, chicken salad, cucumber), cheese, a couple crackers, and fruit. Everyone gets a slice of cake. They have a pianist who plays music and the girls sing a couple songs together. Rose Petal tells a story or two, Aurora makes her rounds for hugs/pics/autographs, and the girls do a parade at the end. It's $333.64 for one adult and one child aged 3-9.

The Wonderland Tea Party is only for kids aged 4-12, $49 each. Adults are not allowed. Alice and the Mad Hatter are there. The kids have apple juice and decorate cupcakes, and do a craft to take home (I think recently it has been decorating a tea pot, saucer, and cup). A photopass photographer is there to take pics during the event.

Disclaimer: I have not been to any of these, but have read several reviews over the years.

The Perfectly Princess tea is hosted by Rose Petal (she tells her story about who she is at the event), and Aurora meets with each girl in attendance. Each girl gets a doll, a crown, a real rose, a necklace, a charm bracelet, a scrap book page/doll best friend certificate, stickers, and a cinch bag. Kids are served ham or turkey and cheese and pb&j finger sandwiches along with fruit, and apple juice served in a tea cup. Adults get tea and adult finger sandwiches (think stuff like egg salad, chicken salad, cucumber), cheese, a couple crackers, and fruit. Everyone gets a slice of cake. They have a pianist who plays music and the girls sing a couple songs together. Rose Petal tells a story or two, Aurora makes her rounds for hugs/pics/autographs, and the girls do a parade at the end. It's $333.64 for one adult and one child aged 3-9.

The Wonderland Tea Party is only for kids aged 4-12, $49 each. Adults are not allowed. Alice and the Mad Hatter are there. The kids have apple juice and decorate cupcakes, and do a craft to take home (I think recently it has been decorating a tea pot, saucer, and cup). A photopass photographer is there to take pics during the event.

Thanks LongLive Rafiki. This is very helpful. Is there a photopass photographer at the princess tea part? Does the princess tea party happen every day of the week? How long is it and at what time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter