"Special" Events on the Dream?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Are there any "special" events on the Dream? My daughter loved Princess Tea and Friendship Rocks on the Wonder but I was told that those activities are only for the smaller ships? Does the Dream have its own events that we would need tickets for at Guest Services or anything not to miss in the kids clubs? Any news/chance of Anna and Elsa making it to the Dream for the fall? I'm thinking they will be overloaded with MNSSHP and the HS events but always hopeful..haha

There was a ticketed (free) Princess Meet and Greet in the atrium at least twice on our Dream cruise this past week. We didn't know about it ahead of time, and by the time we found out late on Sunday my daughter was waitlisted. She was thrilled on Tuesday night to come back from dinner to find a ticket waiting for her in our room for the Wednesday morning event.

Rapunzel, Ariel, Snow White, Tiana, Cinderella, and Belle were there.

Wait so you have to get tickets for the princess gathering on the Dream/Fantasy? This wasn't the case on the classics so I'd like to be prepared if I need one.

How do the tickets work-do they give you a set time so you can avoid long lines or just allow you into the atrium to wait in the long lines anyway? We have only sailed the Wonder and the Princess Gathering was scheduled multiple times on our 7 night but the lines were crazy long every time!!

It's a free ticket for a photo opportunity with each of the six princesses right in a row. You get assigned a time to wait in line. They won't let you into the line until your assigned time.

Are there any "special" events on the Dream? My daughter loved Princess Tea and Friendship Rocks on the Wonder but I was told that those activities are only for the smaller ships? Does the Dream have its own events that we would need tickets for at Guest Services or anything not to miss in the kids clubs? Any news/chance of Anna and Elsa making it to the Dream for the fall? I'm thinking they will be overloaded with MNSSHP and the HS events but always hopeful..haha

Spoke with VP of (I can't remember his title actually) week before last at the Castaway Club reception. He said they haven't worked out logistics for Anna & Elsa on the Dream yet. On the other ships, longer cruises, they have a ticketed M&G on sea days. On the Fantasy it was in AP. You had to pick up a ticket on boarding day with an assigned return on sea day to see them.

It's a free ticket for a photo opportunity with each of the six princesses right in a row. You get assigned a time to wait in line. They won't let you into the line until your assigned time.

This is new. Last October, we just waited in line for an hour. So now you have to get a ticket for the meet and greet? Was the wait that much shorter?

Spoke with VP of (I can't remember his title actually) week before last at the Castaway Club reception. He said they haven't worked out logistics for Anna & Elsa on the Dream yet. On the other ships, longer cruises, they have a ticketed M&G on sea days. On the Fantasy it was in AP. You had to pick up a ticket on boarding day with an assigned return on sea day to see them.

We saw Anna and Elsa on a 4 night cruise on a port day on the Magic earlier this month. Hopefully that means they're extending the M&Gs

There was a ticketed (free) Princess Meet and Greet in the atrium at least twice on our Dream cruise this past week. We didn't know about it ahead of time, and by the time we found out late on Sunday my daughter was waitlisted. She was thrilled on Tuesday night to come back from dinner to find a ticket waiting for her in our room for the Wednesday morning event.

Thank you for sharing this information. Sailing in October and would love to have a heads up on how to get tickets. Is this some we do once we board or can we do it online prior to sailing? Thanks!

The ticketing is new, though I don't know how new. We didn't wait in line for an hour, but it was still a while. We had 10:30 tickets, and when we arrived at 10:30, they wouldn't let us into the line because they were still dealing with the 10:15 tickets. One issue also seemed to be that people who showed up late were allowed to enter the line when they did show up, so I think that contributed to the delay. On the positive side, once in with the princesses, they didn't hurry us through at all. Each one of them had a little conversation with my daughter, and posed for several photos. They did that with every child or group of children that went through....it was nice.

You sign up at guest services on Deck 3.

We saw Anna and Elsa on a 4 night cruise on a port day on the Magic earlier this month. Hopefully that means they're extending the M&Gs

That's wonderful. So glad you got to meet them. I think the issue is that the Dream is so much larger/has considerably more passengers than the Magic and trying to make sure all that want to meet them have a chance. The VP said he really wants to get the experience on all ships, as well as make all character M&G easier on all ships. (We found that though there were lots of characters out and about on the Fantasy, the lines were ALWAYS incredibly long. The Princess Gathering we went to lasted over 1 1/2 hours! :scared1:)

Can anyone else comment on how long their wait was with the new ticket system on the Dream? When we met the princesses on the Wonder my DD got in line 40 minutes prior to it starting and were the first in line. By the time we were don't meeting they were stopping the line because there was no where else for people to stand and wait...yikes!!

Bumping this up again to see if there are any other ticketed events on the Dream besides the Princess meet??

Bumping this up again to see if there are any other ticketed events on the Dream besides the Princess meet??

Due to the shorter itineraries the Dream has, there really isn't time for much extra activities like the "Tea with..." and some other specials that happen on the longer cruises. I seem to recall that some of the kids from the Club participated briefly in the stage show the last night, presumably they were in the Club that afternoon to prepare. But I don't think it's on-par with Friendship Rocks.

It sounds like the ticketing for the Princess meet & greets is simply a new way to attempt to control the crowds and lines -- sort of like a FP rather than stand in line for 2 hours.

Have you checked out the Navigators for the Dream cruises? There are some activities in the Club/Lab that might be fun for your daughter. Nothing that requires additional tickets or reservations, just make sure she is there at the right time.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter