Speaking of April, our giraffe: Did any of you ladies go AFTER your due date?

I was induced two weeks after my due date with my son. He still didn't want to come out. Had an emergency c-section the day after being induced.

Yes, both times I was induced after my due date. My first was due May 18 and I had him on May 29. My second was due November 11 and I had him on the 20th.

My oldest's name is Will and my granny said I should have named him Won't. :)

According to the doctor, DS was a week past his due date. However, he was born on the date I calculated. (Doctor's office didn't take into account a longer cycle when they figured his due date. His measurements always indicated my date, but the doctor would poo-pooh that by just saying he was smaller than average.)

DD1 was born a day after my calculated due date, but on the date calculated by the doctor.

DD2 came about 10 days early. Both the doctor and I agreed on her due date. :)

My first arrived on her due date, and my second was a couple days before his due date. Given that the second was almost 10 lbs, I'm glad he didn't wait any longer!

My first was 2 weeks late and I was induced then. When they decided to induce, I was given the choice of Wednesday or Friday. I picked Wednesday for a few reasons. 1. That date was still September, and when you're due 9/16, you don't expect an October baby. 2. She was my parents' 7th grandchild, and so far each one had been born on a different day of the week and the only day left was Wednesday. 3. Friday was my birthday and I decided not to share it.

As it happened, I'm glad she came when she did even though that September was a super long month! If she would have come earlier than her due date, she would have been the grade ahead in school, and it has been really nice to have my girls just 2 years apart in school and in the same friend group in high school. Also, we didn't know it at the time, but the girl born two hours later in the same hospital would be her BFF from Kindergarten on (now in senior year). They found out in K that they had the same birthday and were in the same hospital and decided they should be Best Friends :)

My second was 3 days late and came on her own. But this time I knew better than to hope for early. She came 3 days before DH's birthday, so we both got our birthdays upstaged. Makes for efficient celebrating though. Nowadays since all our birthdays are in a 5 week span, we celebrate once in the middle.

My first was over 3 weeks late, my water broke, they induced me, and 24 hours later did an emergency c-section. My other 3 were scheduled C-sections within a week of my due date and I never went into labor with any of them. Apparently they all really liked their first home.

All early:

Oldest - due July 4th, born June 29, 2000
Middle - due July 4th, born June 28, 2004
Youngest - due Feb 26th, born Feb 20,2006 (scheduled to be induced since his sister was almost born in the car on the way to the hospital 19 months earlier, had her less than 45 minutes after getting to the hospital with no time for an epidural. Wasn't even going to CHANCE having that happen again!)

Last edited:
11 days late with #1, day after failed induction, 5 days late with #2, induced, 10 days early with #3, 31 hour induction, 3 1/2 weeks early with #4 and #5 (c/s, ore-eclampsia, 13 pounds of baby).

Thankfully I went early. I don't know how you ladies who went past your due date did it. I was so nervous in the last month - the extra time would have done me in!

Oldest was born on his due date (12/18) although they wanted to change my due date to 12/25 due to the ultrasound, but I had taken clomid and knew my exact due date. He wasn't a large baby (6 lbs 8 oz) He's 33 now. Youngest (30) was born over two weeks early. His due date (Dr. said) was 5/9 and he was born on 4/24. My calculations said he was due on 4/25. He actually weighed 1.5 lbs more than his older brother too. I had quick labors so there was no delaying him.

My daughter was born two weeks early. She was breach and I was scheduled to have a c section on my due date but she tried to come out early, feet first.

My DS also ignored the whole "scheduled" part of the C-section thing. They had me booked for a week before my due date (platelet issue) but I went into labor an extra week before that. They slowed it down, and did a "semi-planned" C-section.

I don't have children (except my cat), but I was born 19 days late.

Wow! I was 6 days late, and am forever grateful. - I was due on my uncle's birthday, and he had my mom convinced I should be named after him if I was born then. I love him dearly, but a "girled-up" version of his name would definitely not have fit me.

I don't have any kids but I was 2 weeks late. I was supposed to be born on my GM's birthday July 7 but I decided to wait and really be sure what I was getting into. :) I wasn't born until the 21st.

Granted, I'm 45 and I have no idea how they calculated due dates and all that back then, probably just a best guess really. My mom was miserable all month so I'm sure she would have preferred the 7th. That's not how I roll, causing trouble early. :rolleyes1

I was 13 days late with my first. Second child born on due date.

Six days late with my first, three with my second. It was near the end of the month and we were joking we wouldn't be able to name her April, and would have to call her May.

Thankfully I went early. I don't know how you ladies who went past your due date did it. I was so nervous in the last month - the extra time would have done me in!

The only one of mine that was late was my third. After doing it twice already, I was fully aware that no matter how hard they are inside, they're a lot more work on the outside. ;) So I tried not to be in too big of a hurry.

Still, by the time my doctor was finally back in town and asked how I was doing, my first comment was "I want her out."

My son's due date was August 25th, but due to his breech position, a c-section was scheduled for August 19th. But on the afternoon of August 18th, he kicked me so hard that my water broke and I had the surgery 4 hours later. I call it Schrodinger's c-section, as it was both planned and unplanned ;)

Me, however...I was 17 days late. Due June 30, I actually came (on my own) on July 16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter