Spam pop ups OUT of control

linzjane88

Closet Disneyphile
I have been on the Dis with Chrome mobile less than 5 minutes and approximately every 45 seconds I get one of those "you won!" type pop ups that redirect you.

There has to be a solution to this. Is this something the Dis makes money for thru advertising or is it some type of spam? It's so frustrating and makes the Disboards unusable via mobile. If some sort of monetary benefit was gained by this type of thing I'd be really disappointed.

It’s not a pop up as much as a hijacking.i just posted about it too. Board unusable for me.

I’ve been getting them too, from my cellphone provider, of course. I’ve been able to close down Chrome and reopen it, but it certainly is an aggravation. Also, I’ve been getting ads between posts in threads. I thought that logging in was supposed to stop that.

The mobile site is quite literally unusable. I've been trying to browse for less than 10 minutes and I've gotten about 8 of them.

I really hope the people in charge of things get this taken care of. It feels like it's an ongoing issue that's not really being addressed to be honest.

My workaround is to change my mobile browser settings to deny Javascript. You lose some functionality of the website but no ads at all and no redirects.

I have tried running an anti virus/anti malware on my phone, Chrome mobile browser, and Samsung Internet browser. None resulted in any improvements.

The redirects are getting ridiculous. I use my android and kindle and it happens on both of them.
This is the only site it happens on.

I stopped accessing this site on my mobile devices awhile ago because of this exact problem. Laptop only for me.

No board tech admins have weighed in. Anybody reading?

I have been on the Dis with Chrome mobile less than 5 minutes and approximately every 45 seconds I get one of those "you won!" type pop ups that redirect you.

There has to be a solution to this. Is this something the Dis makes money for thru advertising or is it some type of spam? It's so frustrating and makes the Disboards unusable via mobile. If some sort of monetary benefit was gained by this type of thing I'd be really disappointed.
Agreed--I can only look on my laptop but the mobile version is hijacked every time with the same stuff

For everyone suffering with this problem, you are not alone! There are numerous threads about this issue (and how other posters dealt with it) on this and other boards. If the option exists for you, try using an ad blocker. Even a free version can be very helpful. As a pp suggested, blocking Java can be another trick. Do a search for those other threads to find what solutions other DISers have found.

Disabling Java worked, but I missed the functionality you lose so I turned it back on and literally got the Xfinity popup immediately 😂

I can live with it in order to still laugh at and love posts from my phone.

They’re back! Anyone else? “Xfinity You Won”. So annoying. I posted this from my phone. iPad is impossible. 😡

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter