Spaceship Earth to close May 26th

I was able to make Spaceship Earth FP+ for the second week in January so hopefully Disney doesn't pull a fast one on me and close this before then.
I think I've mentioned this in this thread before, but Disney's closure of the Great Movie Ride in 2017 was done well inside the 60-day FastPass+ window (announced July 15; closed permanently August 13, less than a month later). It was handled fairly well (FastPasses for GMR ended up becoming unrestricted multiple experience FastPasses, which was a really nice gesture given how new Pandora was and how hard-to-get FoP was at the time), but it does show that there's no guarantee that something that's bookable for FP+ will necessarily still be open when it comes time for your trip.

48 hours out til my FP+ window opens! Really curious if I can book one for our January trip. I know that doesn't necessarily mean it won't close, but it would give me some hope ;) I'm all twitchy!

I really wish we knew when this was being refurbished, it is one of my favorites and I’m still praying it’s open for my trip next year.

I had a friend who worked there who said it would most definitely be undergoing a refurb at some point soon! I'll be sad when it closes :,(

I think it is more likely to refurb only after the test track reopens. I think (hope) Disney wont disappoint ´so much closing two o main rides at same time. I´m going with my family last week of Jan/2020.

I think it is more likely to refurb only after the test track reopens. I think (hope) Disney wont disappoint ´so much closing two o main rides at same time. I´m going with my family last week of Jan/2020.

That's my hope as well.

We were in EPCOT in Sept and a lot of CM were saying that its closing for refurb early 2020..... We will be there next week and plan on riding it one last time before the refurb !!!!

Vlogger Rix Flix is saying it’s closing in early 2020 and will be closed for two years?! That seems crazy. Anyone else hearing it will take that long for the refurb?

We were in EPCOT in Sept and a lot of CM were saying that its closing for refurb early 2020..... We will be there next week and plan on riding it one last time before the refurb !!!!
Every day I check to see if it's got a closing date. That's how important it is for me to get to ride it one last time before it's refurb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter