Spaceship Earth to close May 26th

I’m so hoping that Spaceship Earth will stay open til Test Track finishes its refurb - fingers crossed!

Me too! I'd really like to ride SE several times in late Jan before it goes down for such a long refurb.

That said, I absolutely do think Disney would refurb both TT and SE at the same time, so I'm not holding my breath. All my fingers are crossed anyway!

We go to Disney every year for a two week vacation, but this year we're talking our son on a surprise trip leaving Christmas Eve and returning the Saturday after the New Year. Will need to get my fill of SE during that visit. My son and I always ride it together and have a blast.

With TT refurb, I think it's almost a certainty that SE will open until it's done.

My family rode SE yo get my Judi Dench fix and to thank the Phoenicians one last time..while loading my 2 yr old daughter into the car we bumped the language select and wound up stuck with Korean narration. 😢

I hope it's still open when I'm there! My DH calls it "the nap" personally, I like the fact that it's one attraction that I've never had to wait for! Especially at the very end of the night. Ride, get off and no one is around. easy peasy

lol, my DD (4) literally falls asleep on SE every.single.time. But it's usually at the end of a long day, she could use the nap, and it's my DS favorite ride, so it works.

Bummed about TT being closed for our trip in Feb 2020 but if it means SE will still be open, the family will rejoice.

Hope it is open for marathon weekend. I enjoy the ride and will be interested to see what the new one looks like but would like to ride this version one more time

lol, my DD (4) literally falls asleep on SE every.single.time. But it's usually at the end of a long day, she could use the nap, and it's my DS favorite ride, so it works.

Bummed about TT being closed for our trip in Feb 2020 but if it means SE will still be open, the family will rejoice.

HAHA! It was my favourite nursing ride back when my babes were little :)

Does anyone have an idea when Spaceship Earth might close? We'll be visiting in late February and are hoping to catch it before it closes. (I see that Test Track is closed for refurbishment from 1/13/20 to 2/27/20, and I'm hoping that Disney wouldn't close Test Track and Spaceship Earth at the same time, since that would leave Future World with pretty limited options...)

Does anyone have an idea when Spaceship Earth might close? We'll be visiting in late February and are hoping to catch it before it closes. (I see that Test Track is closed for refurbishment from 1/13/20 to 2/27/20, and I'm hoping that Disney wouldn't close Test Track and Spaceship Earth at the same time, since that would leave Future World with pretty limited options...)

We don't know for sure - the speculation I had initiall yseen was potentially as early as by the end of this year or early 2020. The thinking now with the announcement of TT closing early 2020 is that it pushes back the close of SSE but it is just us trying to be logical - which Disney isn't always

I know there hasn't been an official refurb date announced yet but I just got the opportunity to book a quick solo trip Feb 3-6 and I'm desperately hoping SE will still be open at this time. It's my 2nd favorite attraction and I really want to see it again before it's forever changed. What do you think my chances are that it will still be open? How long does Disney normally advise before an attraction is shut down for refurb? I see that Test Track and Splash Mountain are already announced as being down during this trip so I'm crossing my fingers that SE won't go down too.

why does it need refurb? history unchanged and finale in space looks good to me.
Save some $$$ Disney let it be. total classic just like COP

Hoping for Feb 8-15.
So Universe of Energy is gone, SSE will be closed down for 2 years, TT out on refurb, half of Innoventions gone, construction all over the place, I'm on the verge of tears. Epcot is my favourite park, I spend a lot of time there on my trips, but this is depressing.

We're going summer 2020, so we're basically just referring to Epcot as "World Showcase" for our trip, since the rest will be a hot mess at that time. ;)

I know updates are needed but this is very sad. I really and truly don't think SE needs an update. Wish they would leave it alone. Obviously Ellen's Energy Adventure needed to go, and the Imagination Pavilion is a joke, although I haven't heard that is changing at all. TT to me is horrible since the change to GM and the "design your car" - I loved the original. I think it needs a rehab for sure. I agree with an earlier poster - if I were to go back before 2021 (and that's a big if at this point), I'd just consider it a World Showcase visit.

so just a quick blurb by Martin at WDWMagic.com, the budget for the SSE refurb has been reduced, so probably won't see a full new ride system, but he has heard there should be some real upgrades and will keep the spirit of the ride. But he does NOT trust the imagineers on this.

so just a quick blurb by Martin at WDWMagic.com, the budget for the SSE refurb has been reduced, so probably won't see a full new ride system, but he has heard there should be some real upgrades and will keep the spirit of the ride. But he does NOT trust the imagineers on this.
Hmm, that doesn't bode well. I am imagining what happened when they built the now Dinosaur ride at the Animal Kingdom. They used the same design from the the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland for Dinosaur. The Indiana Jones ride is richly themed, while Dinosaur has dark spaces. The reason was because they didn't want to spend money to flesh out some of the Dinosaur spaces.

If this is true, then I expect some scenes removed and replaced with flashing lights and cute cheap signs etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter