Spaceship Earth to close May 26th

FP+ is still available as of 60 out....
FastPasses remained available for The Great Movie Ride for the entire 60 day window even after they had announced the rides closure. Which happened roughly 30 days in advance of closure. So FPs aren’t necessarily a reliable guide.

FastPasses remained available for The Great Movie Ride for the entire 60 day window even after they had announced the rides closure. Which happened roughly 30 days in advance of closure. So FPs aren’t necessarily a reliable guide.
Oh I know (and I was one of those people who booked closing weekend movie ride FP+ just after closing date announced at D23 2017 still surprised a date wasn’t announced at this past year’s event

Gave an unrestricted "any ride, any park" FP once they did pull GMR out of the FastPass system, too-- which was pretty awesome right after the opening of Flight of Passage. You don't usually see that; Pandora and TSL are normally excluded from those.

I recently spoke with someone involved with the Epcot construction and was told SE would not close until early next year. I was surprised as I would have expected they would want the new version open in late 2021. ( disclaimer-Trust my information just like that from a bus driver)

I recently spoke with someone involved with the Epcot construction and was told SE would not close until early next year. I was surprised as I would have expected they would want the new version open in late 2021. ( disclaimer-Trust my information just like that from a bus driver)

The big target for Epcot construction and refurbs would more likely be the Epcot 40th anniversary in October 2022 rather than the WDW/MK 50th in 2021 (although I'm sure they want as much open for the 50th as they can). A January/February closure plus a two year refurb (rumors were pointing to this being a fairly long-term project since the ride system itself is in need of replacement) would still have it open in time for that plus time to spare.

Here's hoping the FP I got for Dec. means we get to ride it again before it closes! 2 years is a long time, but glad to see it get some love.

I just read TT is closing on 1/13/20 for a short refurb. Would they close both SSE and TT at the same time?? The 13th is our EPCOT day, it won’t be hard to decide on FPS now! It was the first year DGS is tall enough to ride TT! FEA it is!

I hope it's still open when I'm there! My DH calls it "the nap" personally, I like the fact that it's one attraction that I've never had to wait for! Especially at the very end of the night. Ride, get off and no one is around. easy peasy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter