SPACESHIP EARTH / Closing date?

• JonathonW

Mouseketeer
    I was able to make Spaceship Earth FP+ for the second week in January so hopefully Disney doesn't pull a fast one on me and close this before then.
    I think I've mentioned this in this thread before, but Disney's closure of the Great Movie Ride in 2017 was done well inside the 60-day FastPass+ window (announced July 15; closed permanently August 13, less than a month later). It was handled fairly well (FastPasses for GMR ended up becoming unrestricted multiple experience FastPasses, which was a really nice gesture given how new Pandora was and how hard-to-get FoP was at the time), but it does show that there's no guarantee that something that's bookable for FP+ will necessarily still be open when it comes time for your trip.

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
    48 hours out til my FP+ window opens! Really curious if I can book one for our January trip. I know that doesn't necessarily mean it won't close, but it would give me some hope ;) I'm all twitchy!

HausofDisney

Mouseketeer
    I really wish we knew when this was being refurbished, it is one of my favorites and I’m still praying it’s open for my trip next year.

• Ayanamarie

Earning My Ears
    I had a friend who worked there who said it would most definitely be undergoing a refurb at some point soon! I'll be sad when it closes :,(

WonderlandisReality

Mouseketeer
    I am hoping against hope that it will still be open in late April when we are there. Or they will have opened Ratatouille before they close SE

• nandojoe

Earning My Ears
    I think it is more likely to refurb only after the test track reopens. I think (hope) Disney wont disappoint ´so much closing two o main rides at same time. I´m going with my family last week of Jan/2020.

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
    I think it is more likely to refurb only after the test track reopens. I think (hope) Disney wont disappoint ´so much closing two o main rides at same time. I´m going with my family last week of Jan/2020.
    That's my hope as well.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates