SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think I won't even try to get an ADR for it when it opens--givev them a while to work out the kinks. Seems like the management are really disorganized (not even a chef or a menu preview at this point; they were hiring staff, then they weren't) and might be a total flop when they finally cobble something together. After all, remember all the excitement about Regal Eagle which turned out to be pretty universally panned by the bloggers?

I am very interested in the menu for Space 220. And will it be one table service credit? Based on the "drama" surrounding it, I do not have high expectations.

I am very interested in the menu for Space 220. And will it be one table service credit? Based on the "drama" surrounding it, I do not have high expectations.
No one knows anything. We've hardly ever known anything. ...And no new information is in sight. That being said, there is still wildly high anticipation for this venue. :confused3:rotfl2::confused3:cheer2::confused3

I just found out that a friend of mine had a trip to Disney cancelled that was meant to be for April, so we invited him to come with us in December, and I apologized to him for not inviting him before, but like...I didn't think he'd like Disney? And he was like "I gotta eat at the SPACE RESTAURANT!" And I was like.... ???????????? Dude, that's not even kindof open. DEFINITELY wouldn't have been ready in April even without Covid. And he looked at me like I was crazy!! He still doesn't believe me! Haha!

And he also said a ton of untrue information about Universal and I wanna ask him where he's getting his terrible information from, but he still refused to believe me so whatever :P

I'm glad there's finally some movement on this thing, though!!

Yes, I'm looking forward to not eating there when it opens as social distancing and 5 restaurants being open on property pretty much guarantee that. Don't mean to be negative, but dining options at Disney are pretty pathetic right now. I had to tell me son we probably can't eat at his favorite place TREX when we go as they currently are on a limited menu with no beef.

Even if it opens by the end of the year, we won't be eating there as we had hoped, but am still looking forward to the news!

I'd love for this to be open in time for our trip in 2+ months, but I'm not holding my breathe, only Govt moves slower than WDW when it comes to things like this, LOL!!!

But I am happy that progress was being made, I thought for sure WDW would simply just scrap it like so many other things they have just thrown away when the going gets tough. And the fact that so many other existing restaurants are still closed it really seems to make zero sense to then launch a brand new one before re-opening existing ones.

Thanks for the update though, even a little bit of hope is nice.

Yes, I'm looking forward to not eating there when it opens as social distancing and 5 restaurants being open on property pretty much guarantee that. Don't mean to be negative, but dining options at Disney are pretty pathetic right now. I had to tell me son we probably can't eat at his favorite place TREX when we go as they currently are on a limited menu with no beef.
Glad to see you were just joking! I actually believed you for a second (as I just starting planning and have been completely out of the loop since April). Five restaurants being open on property would, indeed, be terrible! There are a lot more than that open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter