Space Mountain single rider line?

If anyone can get pics of this and time the process I'd appreciate it! This seems extremely inefficient. I can only guess the reason for this is either that:

1. CMs on the ride platform couldn't keep up with single rider because of how fast they dispatch trains, so it caused everything to slow down.
or
2. There's some new use for the old single-rider space. Maybe a different line, or maybe some new code that requires it to be empty.

I'm guessing it's #1. Easy solution, have 2 CMs boarding the trains - it would make things massively more consistent and probably increase throughput by 150 or so per hour based on the amount of partly empty trains I've seen. But that's 1 extra worker which is extra $$.

Either way though, at least single rider in some capacity is back.

Anyone know if Indy has single rider back post reopening? It was gone pre-refurb.

Honestly, I think they are just trying to have a more logical SR entrance with proper signage, etc. The method of going in through the exit was pretty unintuitive. Of course, it also kept that SR line short!

Honestly, I think they are just trying to have a more logical SR entrance with proper signage, etc. The method of going in through the exit was pretty unintuitive. Of course, it also kept that SR line short!
yeah I never waited more than 10 minutes. We'd ride it like 5-6 times with absolutely 0 waiting. It was nice when the line was 90 mins and we'd just do it like 5 times in 30 mins lol. But nothing good lasts forever :(

If anyone can get pics of this and time the process I'd appreciate it! This seems extremely inefficient. I can only guess the reason for this is either that:

1. CMs on the ride platform couldn't keep up with single rider because of how fast they dispatch trains, so it caused everything to slow down.
or
2. There's some new use for the old single-rider space. Maybe a different line, or maybe some new code that requires it to be empty.

I'm guessing it's #1. Easy solution, have 2 CMs boarding the trains - it would make things massively more consistent and probably increase throughput by 150 or so per hour based on the amount of partly empty trains I've seen. But that's 1 extra worker which is extra $$.

Either way though, at least single rider in some capacity is back.

Anyone know if Indy has single rider back post reopening? It was gone pre-refurb.
It’s the 1st one. I would often see several ride vehicles go by with open single seats cause the loader couldn’t keep up.

I think it was moved partially due to the issues that they were having with the handicap parties that use that entrance. We complained every single time and the cast members were always sympathetic as they saw it and heard about it from many handicap guests. Many times we rode there was a long line at the single rider entrance (all the way up the hall and around the corner. And then you had the people who would sit and extend their legs or would stand on both sides of the hall to chat with their group which made it impossible to pass with a wheelchair. And no matter how many times, i would say excuse me, I would be ignored. Or told I was cutting the line ---- yeah no, we waited. It was so bad a couple times that a cast member would go over and yell at all the single riders to stand up and against the wall on one side only.

So while the new option sounds weird, I am fine with the entrance over there.

I think it was moved partially due to the issues that they were having with the handicap parties that use that entrance. We complained every single time and the cast members were always sympathetic as they saw it and heard about it from many handicap guests. Many times we rode there was a long line at the single rider entrance (all the way up the hall and around the corner. And then you had the people who would sit and extend their legs or would stand on both sides of the hall to chat with their group which made it impossible to pass with a wheelchair. And no matter how many times, i would say excuse me, I would be ignored. Or told I was cutting the line ---- yeah no, we waited. It was so bad a couple times that a cast member would go over and yell at all the single riders to stand up and against the wall on one side only.

So while the new option sounds weird, I am fine with the entrance over there.

They definitely needed something different from the awkward original way. I think it worked okay when it wasn't too busy, but if it got crowded, obviously problems would arise. It's probably always busy these days so....

My favorite iteration was the original setup where you went down the handicap entrance hallway but turned right where the queue has the chicken exit. It then sent you down to be to the right of the standby line at load. Similar to how racers meets up or rnr at dhs.

My favorite iteration was the original setup where you went down the handicap entrance hallway but turned right where the queue has the chicken exit. It then sent you down to be to the right of the standby line at load. Similar to how racers meets up or rnr at dhs.

I always thought it kind of made sense to use that spot as part of either the waiting area or as you described. At least it was out of the way and out of the flow of traffic for that hallway.

I always thought it kind of made sense to use that spot as part of either the waiting area or as you described. At least it was out of the way and out of the flow of traffic for that hallway.
It was the waiting area at one point when they moved the single rider line down to actual load platform. They would send batches down so as not to block the hallway but it required more cast members to manage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter