Spa Treatments

trekygirl26

Live Long and Prosper
We are going on a 7 day cruise in March and i am thinking about doing a spa treatment. Has anyone done the Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy? It looks like it would be good, but i don't want to spend the money if it isn't worth it. Any input would be great appreciated. Thanks!!

I have heard great things about it, although I haven't experienced it myself on the ships. I have, however, had a number of hot stone massages at home and I can say that they are incredible and very relaxing. And, to put it in perspective, our local spa is only $15 cheaper than Disney for essentially the same amount of time (local is 5 min longer).

Trekygirl26 - I'm signed up for that massage on our Jan 29th sailing while we're still at PC. When I get back I'll try to post on this thread and let you know what I thought. I've searched the boards for some time and haven't found any real negative comments about it, so I'm really lookng forward to starting the trip totally relaxed.

I did the "Alone Time" on the Magic in June 2008 & found it very relaxing...Started out with a foot soak/foot massage on a private verandah, then soaked in the hot tub on the verandah, and moved inside for a facial & massage. I highly recommend this!!

I had a massage with hot stones on my first cruise May 2006 & did not care for it....and each person has their own preferences!!

Wishing you happy sailing!!:beach:

We are going on a 7 day cruise in March and i am thinking about doing a spa treatment. Has anyone done the Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy? It looks like it would be good, but i don't want to spend the money if it isn't worth it. Any input would be great appreciated. Thanks!!

Here's my review as promised.

I had the stone massege from 2-3:15 before we left port. It was the best thing I could have done. The spa atmosphere was completely relaxing (as it should be) but the massage itself was even better. Sheryll was my therapist, she is one of the senior personnel available, and she really did a great job. The hot stones added a really nice feature to the massage for me, I'm somewhat "cold-natured" anyway so having the warmth from them felt really good. They are quite hot and Sheryll would ask throughout the treatment if the temperature was OK so if you don't like them to be that hot then I'm assuming she could turn down the temp on the heating unit or let them cool a bit before placing them on you and working with them.

Before she started working on me she asked if there were any specific areas that were bothering me and I told her my neck and upper back area - occupational hazard of working at a desk and using a computer all day. She worked on that area extensively and I could feel a difference in the tension level all cruise - in fact I can still tell it's looser!

I really think it was worth the expense - and having it at the very beginning of the cruise worked out great for me. My DH and the kids unpacked, etc so I didn't have to take care of that too - a definite bonus!

I recommend it!!! :cheer2: I used the rainforest room too (our CC day was canceled due to gale force winds) and I really enjoyed relaxing in there too.

Have a great cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!