Spa treatments for "shy" gals

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
Ok .. I want to choose something that is realxing ... but not willing to de-bottom. Don't mind the top ... but do mind the bottom.

Any suggestions ......?

Also .. has anyone gotten a pedicure? Do you get a foot massage with this?

And .. I am a BIG woman....will those little smockey things fit me?

thanks

wdwo

You may want to check out my report "The Naked Truth About the Spa" on the spa page of my website at www.castawayclub.com
The pedicure is very nice, and there is a short foot massage with it. But I would urge you to go for a more "hands-on" treatment like a massage. They are used to people who are shy or not used to spa treatments, so if you want to leave your undies on, that is fine for the full body massage. Otherwise, you can always opt for scalp massage, neck and shoulder, etc...lots of good alternatives. But don't let your size keep you from having fun...I am not petite, nor is hubby, but it has never stopped us from running up a small fortune in spa bills!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

My wife is also kinda shy, doesn't do any pool/jacuzzi stuff with me and the kids, doesn't feel comfortable in a bathing suit in public but she always looks great 2 me :D
We did the couples cabana massage on Castaway Key and she had no problem there, she left her bottoms on and I left my swim trunks on and it was worth the money, truely beautiful setting looking over the beach, and my shy wife was perfectly comfortable throughout the experience.

A variation on the above question ... who is it that gives the massage? More specifically, if a man is getting a massage, is it a man or woman that gives the massage? How about the reverse .. when it is a woman getting the massage? Is it always the same way (Disney policy)?

Are "shy" people more comfortable with someone of the same or opposite sex giving the massage?

Since I've never gotten a spa treatment, I'm not sure how I'll feel about it. Does it sound weird to say that (as a guy) I think I would be more comfortable with a woman massaging me? How do the woman on this board feel?

Interesting question!
On Disney, I've only seen female masseuses. On Royal Caribbean, I (a female) had a male do my treatment once, but I think they had said that they would let you request a female or male if you had a preference. Hubby has only had females do his treatments on the cruise ships. At home, we both generally go to female masseuses, although we both once went to a male. I have no problem with his being treated by a male, especially since that seems to be the sex of the majority of massage therapists that I've run into. I was also massaged by a male in California (I think hubby had a female at the same resort). But he has told me previously that he is not as comfortable with me being massaged by a male as I am with him being done by a female. Personally, I prefer a female but don't mind either. I view them as professionals, sort of like a doctor, so I figure they look at their clients in a professional, detached way.
Barb

On DCL all of the spa attendants are female.

I've had massages by both men and women and I honestly don't have a preference...I just like a good massage. :)

I am very comfortable in the spa on the ship, even with treatments where you're naked and only covered by a sheet or blanket. They do a good job of making modest folks feel comfortable. :)

Don't worry honey...they've seen every shape and size. Lots of shy people use the spa. I've been where some people wear a bathing suit, pref. one with a very low back and was told you may wear just bottoms if you like. Main thing is...don't miss out on treating yourself and go in whatever makes you comfortable and they'll work around it! P.S...I am more confortable with a female masseuse :D

it's funny how woman aren't disturbed by female masseuses, whereas men are disturbed by male masseurs.....(not all men, but many are)....where we live, there are both, and noone seems to care one way or the other who they get....but then again, in europe people go into the sauna naked....i will never ever ever ever ever ever ever get over that.....and in germany they go into the pool naked...no comment on that one....god....needless to say, i'm thrilled i'm not allowed to use saunas......but that's europe....and an american living in europe....nice in some ways but like being in the twilight zone at times.....

as for big women, what everyone else here already said, they've seen every shape and size.....don't worry about it.....go and ENJOY.....i bet you fall asleep.....i always do....no matter what the massage.....and the calming effect lasts for hours and hours...on me anyway....

I was thinking .. thanks to Barbs site .. that this may be just the ticket for me:

LT Oxygen Lifting Facial ($89, 55 minutes): This fantastic Parisian facial is exclusively available on high seas! Using gels and creams rich in amino acids and nourishing plant extracts, this facial cleanses the deepest layers of the skin while transporting active ingredients into the skin. A relaxing neck and shoulder massage is included, and the treatment is completed with a purifying mask.

Has anyone had this and what do you think?

wdwo

I have had the facial as part of the Absolute Face & Body treatment, and it is divine!! They use some type of strawberry-smelling mask that always makes me fall asleep...don't know why, but it's just so soothing. I also love the eye gel they use. I have toyed with buying some, although it's quite expensive (they will most likely give you a sales pitch at the end of your treatment...just give them a polite "no" if you are not interested). I have had facials at the spa at home, but they can't compare to the one on the ship. It is awesome...a great choice!
Barb

I dont know if its the boards or me but I can no longer log in with my name I was using...aprilgail1....and I had a really tough time registering again!!

I for one only like getting massages from a male, I am female and it never seems to relax me having another female poking around me....for the same reason I would never use a female DR..especially a OB/GYN.....I have gotten facials from women a lot simply becasue around here there are not a lot of guys giving facials LOL...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter