Spa Experience

solfan68

DIS Veteran
On our family vacation to the World this summer, I'd like to treat DW to some spa time. Anyone been to any of the WDW spas and care to share their experience with the class ? TIA.

Gosh I hope this comes off as helpful and not "odd"...I do know that a lot of people read these posts (even if they do not post themselves) and since I have never heard this mentioned before I will post about it.....

First of all, the spa at GF is very nice. Very elegant, clean and the people are friendly.

Second...which is the part I worried about being out of place...is that my husband has cancer and so i booked him a spa package so that he could relax and enjoy. Sadly I am sure I am not the only one here with a family member that has cancer :sad1: .

They would not touch him at all. They would not massage him or even give him a peticure (I am sure I spelled that wrong :teacher: ). I had paid for the spa upfront and they wanted me to use the money for spa products instead of a refund.

So if for some reason you are ever getting a member of your group a day at the spa and they are ill, they will turn them away. I am not saying I do not understand their reasons, but I wish I had known about this before booking and maybe someone here would want to know that too. :grouphug:

I am sorry you had that experience at GF. Did they give you an explanation of why they would not give your huband the massage, etc.? I was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago and after surgery had radiation through April. We went to Disney and stayed at the CSR (as we usually do). I scheduled my massage at the spa at the CSR. They asked me if I had any recent illnesses, and I explained the cancer story, etc., and there were no issues (until the cancer is gone for five years I am not considered "cured."). I received my massage and had a most relaxing time.

I am sorry you had that experience at GF. Did they give you an explanation of why they would not give your huband the massage, etc.? I was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago and after surgery had radiation through April. We went to Disney and stayed at the CSR (as we usually do). I scheduled my massage at the spa at the CSR. They asked me if I had any recent illnesses, and I explained the cancer story, etc., and there were no issues (until the cancer is gone for five years I am not considered "cured."). I received my massage and had a most relaxing time.

Gosh Kathy, that is interesting...I did not check with another spa, only that one at GF. Like you, they asked when he arrived about his health and as soon as he said "cancer" they said that they were sorry but they would not be able to massage him. So then I asked if he could get a manic/pedic (not his first choice but at that point I was grasping to give him something relaxing and enjoyable and they said no to that too. That working on his feet or hands could actually cut the skin and having cancer could put him at risk. They just really seemed nervous to deal with him at all. He was currently in chemo, we took our trip in between cycles, and I am not sure if that was part of it or not. Our doctor did not tell us a massage could hurt my husband.

Sorry Solfan if I am getting your post of track :guilty:

The spa at Saratoga Springs is very nice ~ We've made many visits there and each time has been wonderful :) Can recommend the Healing Hands Aromatherapy massage, the Adirondack Stone massage and the Personalized Firm Pressure massage. While the Stones massage therapy may sound a little 'odd', my DD tried it for the first time on her last visit and loved it! Oh, and go for the 80 minutes ones!! :) 50 minutes is just TOO short!

Here's a link for the spas, both SSR and GF, and what is offered ~~

www.relaxedyet.com

We visited the spa at the GF. It was very nice but not the best spa experience I have ever had.

We visited the spa at the GF. It was very nice but not the best spa experience I have ever had.

I agree, it's far from world-class. I've been there more than a dozen times and service just kept declining, I won't be back. Instead try Mandara at the Dolphin or Canyon Ranch at the Gaylord--now those are spa experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter