Souvenirs! What did you buy? Or wish you had bought?

I wonder if they have a Pocahontas figurine set? My daughter has all the other princess figurine sets but Pocahontas.

I bought a bracelet made out of old Disney park maps. I bought one for DDIL and she really liked it. The bracelet comes in a bag made from an old Epcot park map. There is a card that comes with it that explains that old maps and outdated paper products are send to Africa where they are hand rolled into unique beads. The beads are coated to make them water resistant and sent back to Disney. You can buy a premade one (comes in lots of different colors) or string your own. This is a unique concept. They are sold in Epcot at the African stand. I read about these on someones trip report. They make a great gifts and are only $10 each, they are also available as a necklace and earrings.

I bought a bracelet made out of old Disney park maps. I bought one for DDIL and she really liked it. The bracelet comes in a bag made from an old Epcot park map. There is a card that comes with it that explains that old maps and outdated paper products are send to Africa where they are hand rolled into unique beads. The beads are coated to make them water resistant and sent back to Disney. You can buy a premade one (comes in lots of different colors) or string your own. This is a unique concept. They are sold in Epcot at the African stand. I read about these on someones trip report. They make a great gifts and are only $10 each, they are also available as a necklace and earrings.

I would love to see a photo of this. I am going in November and will check out the African stand, thank you.

Last year I had come across a very cute pair of Minnie reading glasses in the MK. For some reason I talked myself out of buying them :guilty:
I regret that now and am hoping that I can still find them in the parks come November.

I collect Lenox christmas tree ornaments. Every year I try to get an ornament with the year on it, or something to remind me of that year. When we go to Disney I try to get a Disney Lenox ornament for that year. I don't remember the name of the store I found them in, but it was in HS. I'm sure there are some in DTD too.

When we were there not quite 2 years ago my husband bought these two bowls. One was a Mickey Mouse bowl and one was a Minnie Mouse bowl. At the time I was like, "Seriously? You are buying bowls as souvenirs?" These stinkin' bowls are fought over at our house on a DAILY basis. I wish we had a whole set of them! lol When we go back in December I already know the first thing I am buying if I can find them still!

When we were there not quite 2 years ago my husband bought these two bowls. One was a Mickey Mouse bowl and one was a Minnie Mouse bowl. At the time I was like, "Seriously? You are buying bowls as souvenirs?" These stinkin' bowls are fought over at our house on a DAILY basis. I wish we had a whole set of them! lol When we go back in December I already know the first thing I am buying if I can find them still!

We have bowls similar to this! I got them at target!! :rotfl:
After i 1 st came home with only two, same thing happened. They were fought over ever morning
I went back and got mickey, minnie, Disney Xmas, and a few villains..
I even got the huge mickey shorts popcorn bowl( but that's for mom only!)

Last year I kept looking at the Dumbo pillow pet. So cute! I managed to resist it for the entire trip. On the way to the airport, I was really regretting not buying that pillow....so I ducked into a gift shop before our flight took off and bought one. This year I'm getting Pluto!

I'm kicking myself for not buying anything Halloween themed last year at Mnsshp, not even a ghost cupcake! We were so done at the end of the party, after being at the park since 11, that we skipped our planned shopping on the way out. This year, I'm going to make up for it!

I'm kicking myself for not buying anything Halloween themed last year at Mnsshp, not even a ghost cupcake! We were so done at the end of the party, after being at the park since 11, that we skipped our planned shopping on the way out. This year, I'm going to make up for it!

The had such cute stuff last year..

But now I wish I has bought the minnie Halloween costume for my girls..

Favorite:
Limited Edition Hand drawn matte sketch of Elsa performing her magick that I found hidden among tons of Prince Hans and other sketches in Norway.

Wish I got:
Assymetrical jacket sold in Japan Pavillon, it was grey/purple and ratty looking with a moon on it, but I could not see spending $150 on a sweat shirt jacket.

The had such cute stuff last year..

But now I wish I has bought the minnie Halloween costume for my girls..

I had my eye on a mug and ornament set, hopefully I'll be able to find something similar. And I'm definitely getting a pumpkin spice waffle from Sleepy Hollow this time!

I'm putting this out there just in case someone knows where I can get my hands on one... In 2009 they had a Holiday songs CD that included the Boo to You song. I thought we'd be able to pick it up at any gift shop, so I passed it by when we saw it for sale in the Christmas shop by LTT. Alas, no. Only there, and only that year.

I now obsessively play parade videos on YouTube just to hear my beloved Boo to You song.

(Yes, I'm weird :rotfl:)

I'm putting this out there just in case someone knows where I can get my hands on one... In 2009 they had a Holiday songs CD that included the Boo to You song. I thought we'd be able to pick it up at any gift shop, so I passed it by when we saw it for sale in the Christmas shop by LTT. Alas, no. Only there, and only that year.

I now obsessively play parade videos on YouTube just to hear my beloved Boo to You song.

I downloaded the Boo to You app and now have it as a ringtone on my phone (and I use it year round) so no, you're not weird! ;)

The only CD I'm aware of that has Boo to You on it is the Magic Kingdom Event Party Music CD. You can see it in the fourth picture of this post from easywdw.com from last year (it's on the first row of the top shelf, second from the right):

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/new-ish-disney-world-merchandise/

A few years ago I bought a single wine glass with etched Mickey heads on it. I LOVE that glass but sadly, they don't sell them anymore and I wish I had bought more at the time. They've gone to a cheaper looking glass with gold mickey heads instead. Now I'm afraid to use the glass because I know I'll never be able to replace it.

Each trip we purchase a few dishes from the store in Japan. We LOVE the bowls and have a variety of sizes which we use every single day.

I downloaded the Boo to You app and now have it as a ringtone on my phone (and I use it year round) so no, you're not weird! ;)

Wait, there's a Boo to You App? What platform? Where? OMG! Have to get it. :cheer2:

The only CD I'm aware of that has Boo to You on it is the Magic Kingdom Event Party Music CD. You can see it in the fourth picture of this post from easywdw.com from last year (it's on the first row of the top shelf, second from the right):

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/new-ish-disney-world-merchandise/
That's the one! I can't believe I've been using the wrong name for 5 years. ::head desk:: That photo is from May 2013... maybe I'll get lucky and find one this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter