Souvenier ideas

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by blobula, Aug 4, 2018.

1. blobula

blobula Earning My Ears

Hello,

In 39 days my family (wife and 2 children ages 3 and 5) plus my parents will be heading to Disney. This will be the first time for my wife and kids, and it will be my second time back in 20+ years. Extremely excited and hoping this trip is filled with memorable moments that will last us all a lifetime.

Besides pictures, videos and memories of the trip I'm curious what were some ultimate souveneirs you have brough back from Disney trips? I'm going to try and surprise my wife and purchase a '1st time' Pandora charm for her bracelet while we are there, but looking for something that us dads can treasure.

Thanks!

Cinderella's Fella likes this.
  2. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

The souvenir glasses at Trader Sam's are a big hit with a lot of the DISDads.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Turkey Lurkey

Turkey Lurkey DIS Dad #551 - All Lurkey, All Turkey

Really depends on your interests. On my trips I've brought back artwork, shot glasses, Star Wars figures, and Goofy plushes. My wife likes to get bells and Christmas ornaments. We'll probably get another Goofy on our next trip.

TL

5. Terra Nova guy

Terra Nova guy DIS Dad #811 Newfoundland, Canada

I have a bunch of Grumpy shirts, I usually pick one up every trip. That seems to be a common thing among the DISDads too.
    Last trip I also got dress socks - those funky ones that are popular now. I have Mickey and the monorail. It's something I can wear at work, but not "in your face" Disney.

tachyonbb and Cinderella's Fella like this.
  6. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I like the Disney pins. If you aren't going often, a pin for each child at the end of the day at the park to tell a story of your trip. One year, my girls picked Disney princess pins, then they move to Phineas and Ferb pins, pins from different MNSSHPs, etc.

7. wasnotafan

wasnotafan All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Not sure if it is the type of souvenir you want to bring back, but mine is a freshman in high school this year.

tcufrog likes this.
  8. tcufrog

tcufrog DIS Veteran

Make your own lightsaber or make your own droid.

9. DisneyDadC

DisneyDadC Dis Dad Member #187 Keep calm and Dole Whip

I am bad with souvenirs. I tend to eat em !! AKA DOLE WHIPS