Southwest Visa

cmusschoot

DIS Veteran
I have been looking through all of the many threads about the SOuthwest Visa and trying to figure out a way to use it to save money on an upcoming trip...WOW airline prices have gotten expensive.

I am looking to fly in July. I have 10.5 credits from the old system and can buy the credits to earn a free flight (150). BIG savings...

So, if I apply for the credit card and get 30,000 points towards a flight, that should be enough to "pay for" my flight. I think...

My question is here...

Can I use my free flights and Rapid Rewards points to purchase tickets for someone other than myself...like my kids? Or do I have to be the one traveling on the points?

Am thinking about paying for my flight outright...
Using Visa 30,000 points for my DD flight and RR points for DS flight...hopefully DH will get his own credit card...and we will be able to afford this trip :)

Will this work?

I know this is wordy, and it may have been answered, but I know you are all the best source of info...esp when it comes to saving $$$$

Thanks...
Carrie

I am SO cunfused about the credit card and flights...help :) I am going to call Southwest too...

I have been looking through all of the many threads about the SOuthwest Visa and trying to figure out a way to use it to save money on an upcoming trip...WOW airline prices have gotten expensive.

I am looking to fly in July. I have 10.5 credits from the old system and can buy the credits to earn a free flight (150). BIG savings...

So, if I apply for the credit card and get 30,000 points towards a flight, that should be enough to "pay for" my flight. I think...

My question is here...

Can I use my free flights and Rapid Rewards points to purchase tickets for someone other than myself...like my kids? Or do I have to be the one traveling on the points?

Am thinking about paying for my flight outright...
Using Visa 30,000 points for my DD flight and RR points for DS flight...hopefully DH will get his own credit card...and we will be able to afford this trip :)

Will this work?

I know this is wordy, and it may have been answered, but I know you are all the best source of info...esp when it comes to saving $$$$

Thanks...
Carrie

Here is what I found on the SW site:

Can I book travel with points for other Passengers (not me)? Yes. The Rapid Rewards Member who owns the account from which the points will be used will need to make the reservation for the person traveling. Simply get the destination, travel dates, and flight times from the person who will be using your points and log in to your account at southwest.com (password required) to book the reward travel. Reward travel is subject to the government-imposed September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 per roundtrip, which must be paid with a credit card.

Here is the link
http://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/rapid_rewards_launch_faq.html

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter