Southwest Ticketless Travel Credit & Ebay

DONNAMW

Earning My Ears
Has anyone sold or bought any ticketless credit within the last week on Ebay. I listed today for the credits I have and it was removed. Thanks Donna

DONNAMW said:
Has anyone sold or bought any ticketless credit within the last week on Ebay. I listed today for the credits I have and it was removed. Thanks Donna

I'm not sure why it was cancelled, but here are a couple of excerpts from eBay's travel selling policies:

"Individuals: Individual travelers who are not in the business of selling travel services, but simply wish to sell an unused air or sea related travel voucher or gift certificate, may do so no more than one trip per month provided that the item is not a travel club membership or "choice travel certificate," (see below) or related item. In such instances, the seller may play no role in arranging any travel other than delivering the item. Please note that many airline tickets, vouchers, and frequent flier miles are not transferable, and sellers should review any travel related item before listing to make sure that it can be transferred legally to another party and will be accepted by the issuing provider of travel services."

Square Trade Participation: Effective June 3, 2002, all members listing airline tickets, cruises, vacation packages, or lodging must be participants in the Seller Verify by SquareTrade Program. This program combines verification of sellers with ongoing monitoring. This is designed to increase confidence in the eBay Travel category and enhance trading for both buyers and sellers. This program reflects the highly regulated nature of the industry at both the state and federal level and is based on feedback from members and industry experts.

State Regulation of Travel: The business of arranging travel packages, providing travel certificates, or operating travel clubs is heavily regulated in many states, including California. Generally, individuals or businesses that sell such items must be registered and become licensed as sellers in travel in all states where they do business or have customers. Please visit the California Tourism Web site for more details on California's law regulating sellers of travel.

The rules from SW say you can't sell the credit. What I have seen in the past is people selling the drink coupons and throwing the credit in for "free."

Check out www.mileagecashier.com. I have sold credits to these guys before with great success. The price list on the site is not always updated. I have found they buy for slightly less than the going rate on ebay, but then you don't have to pay the fees either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter