Southwest points and canceling flight

cbnsoul

DIS Veteran
Sorry of this has been posted (I'm having all kinda problems finding anything with Search lately). If I book a flight using Rapid Rewards points and then cancel, do I have to use those points again within a year or lose them? If that is the case, do I have to TRAVEL within the year or just BOOK a flight by then? Can't find anything on Southwest.com that states the policy either way.

For travel booked with points, the points go back into your account like they were never used - so they don't have to be used in a certain timeframe.

If there's an airfare sale for my itinerary, which I purchased with points, do I need to totally rebook or will they just put the point difference back into my account? Should I cancel, see the points back in the account, then rebook?

If there's an airfare sale for my itinerary, which I purchased with points, do I need to totally rebook or will they just put the point difference back into my account? Should I cancel, see the points back in the account, then rebook?

No. Just do a "Change Flight", and change either one or both legs. If you have EBCI a change will preserve it, a cancel will eliminate it. The difference in points will go back into your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter