Southwest Paid Wifi

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by magickingdomprincess, Jun 19, 2017.

1. magickingdomprincess

magickingdomprincess Mouseketeer

We are flying to MCO on SW this weekend and were thinking about purchasing their Wifi for our two kiddos to use for their ipads. We've never purchased wifi though, and we were wondering if it's any good?The kids usually just go on youtube kids, would it work ok for that? Any experience or advice? Thank you! :goodvibes

2. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

You may want to check if that is one of the streaming sites that they limit.

https://www.southwest.com/html/air/products/wifi-access.html?clk=GFOOTER-PRODUCTS-WIFI

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. LisaS

LisaS DIS Veteran

Make sure you have a backup plan to keep the kids entertained in case the WiFi on your plane isn't working. That has happened on many of our SWA flights.

5. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Basically I have never found an airlines wifi that streams well.... Good Luck!

6. cedricandsophie

cedricandsophie DIS Veteran

I wouldn't trust airline wifi. I rarely get it to work. And definitely not for streaming. We always bring a portable DVD for movies or download movies onto the iPad ahead of time. There's a lot of free stuff if you have Amazon prime or Netflix that can be downloaded.

7. magickingdomprincess

magickingdomprincess Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies! We might try it for one to see how it goes, but will definitely come up with a backup plan. Too bad, somehow youtube keeps the kids entertained so well!

8. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

we bought our kids 2 different digital movies. They swapped devices so each had 2 new movies to watch.