Southwest Notice Important You Can Change your Flight

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
I have not received any emails from Southwest concerning my early June flights. However, I check my confirmation page through the Southwest app every day. Today, there is a red bar across the top of the page that says “Important: You can change your flight, you may change your travel/date time at no additional cost.”

No where does it state that the flights are cancelled. I checked to see if the flights were still available by going to Book a Flight and the exact same flight numbers are showing up as available.

Any advice on what the heck I am supposed to do now?

I have not received any emails from Southwest concerning my early June flights. However, I check my confirmation page through the Southwest app every day. Today, there is a red bar across the top of the page that says “Important: You can change your flight, you may change your travel/date time at no additional cost.”

No where does it state that the flights are cancelled. I checked to see if the flights were still available by going to Book a Flight and the exact same flight numbers are showing up as available.

Any advice on what the heck I am supposed to do now?
I don't get it. What's the problem?

It's just a preemptive good customer service move on their part. They extended the super max cancellations, so they are allowing anybody to change any flight, free of cost, during those cancellations, even if they are not impacted by them.

It's just a preemptive good customer service move on their part. They extended the super max cancellations, so they are allowing anybody to change any flight, free of cost, during those cancellations, even if they are not impacted by them.
Thank You!

Custoners have always been able to change any flight free of cost with Southwest.

but are they giving refunds? At this point I would rather drive then find out at the last minute they changed all my flights.

Custoners have always been able to change any flight free of cost with Southwest.

Yes and no. There has not been a change fee, but you had to pay a fare difference. As long as it is similar travel dates and the same airport to airport, though, I am pretty sure you don't even have to pay that right now. At least that is how I am reading it.

On 4/14 they are going to announce the next round of cancellations due to the Max 8 grounding for flights between 6/8 and 8/5. Anyone before that should have been notified.

My June flight (and it’s counterpart for that entire period) has magically changed to sold out. Odds are it will be canceled come Sunday (even though it’s not on a Max 8.) Today SW moved me to a different flight at no cost to me during a phone call.

On 4/14 they are going to announce the next round of cancellations due to the Max 8 grounding for flights between 6/8 and 8/5. Anyone before that should have been notified.

My June flight (and it’s counterpart for that entire period) has magically changed to sold out. Odds are it will be canceled come Sunday (even though it’s not on a Max 8.) Today SW moved me to a different flight at no cost to me during a phone call.

What makes you think it would be cancelled? It is probably now sold out because people formerly on Max flights are now on yours.

Every 11pm flight for 2 solid months? To my knowledge MDW to MCO never uses the Max 8

If its that flight 8234, yeah that looks weird. I would call and ask and then just switch to one of the ones around that time to be safe. Good eye on that.

If its that flight 8234, yeah that looks weird. I would call and ask and then just switch to one of the ones around that time to be safe. Good eye on that.

It was 1233, which has suddenly reappeared tonight. I’m already moved to an earlier (and more optimal time).

OP: I see the banner too but per SW my flight is fine. If I click to change I get an error anyway. But I’ll be looking again on 4-14

It was 1233, which has suddenly reappeared tonight. I’m already moved to an earlier (and more optimal time).

OP: I see the banner too but per SW my flight is fine. If I click to change I get an error anyway. But I’ll be looking again on 4-14

Weird. Now just that flight I mentioned is showing up as sold out for all of mid-June, while others are all perfectly available. Could just be site maintenance stuff or something.

Your flight will most likely be canceled and you booked on another flight. Our return flight in May from MCO to MDW went to sold out status everyday for a month. We called and they said we couldn't switch it yet in case they decided to put it back in service. A few days later it was rescheduled. I would look at your options and have another flight in mind for when it does get rescheduled in case you don't like the one they put you on.

Your flight will most likely be canceled and you booked on another flight. Our return flight in May from MCO to MDW went to sold out status everyday for a month. We called and they said we couldn't switch it yet in case they decided to put it back in service. A few days later it was rescheduled. I would look at your options and have another flight in mind for when it does get rescheduled in case you don't like the one they put you on.

That’s what’s so bizarre. My flight that was sold out for 2 solid months has reappeared tonight. It’s available my whole week now (I didn’t check the whole 2 months). The flight I moved to earlier today never was sold out and is still available to book right now. The agent I spoke to tonight said she has been able to see some flights that will be canceled and neither of those are (of course I don’t fully trust anyone right now, lol).

SW app had the banner for our upcoming flights late April/ early May. Thanks to this thread we changed flights last night to more optimal times and did NOT have to pay for the higher fare.

SW app had the banner for our upcoming flights late April/ early May. Thanks to this thread we changed flights last night to more optimal times and did NOT have to pay for the higher fare.
that's awesome. We checked our May flights last night and didn't have the banner. Maybe we'll check again to see. Would love to fly out on the 8am flight instead of noon!

Our flight home was changed from noon to 6:45 a.m. We are not happy, but we have been on Max flights from MCO to PHL before so we know that’s the reason (even though we didn’t receive notification from SWA). Our short trip got a little shorter, but what can you do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!