Southwest Has Done it Again! July Travellers-Take Note!!!

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
I just got a $100 credit for Southwest for changing my $59 flight to a $34 flight (for 4 of us.)

I was alerted about this by an email this morning advertising a Summer Sale for travel in July. So be sure to check your flights and rates if you are traveling then.

will they really credit you if you have already purchased tickets?

Yes they will. People have also reported getting credit on their credit card, so if the rate is available for a flight you want, I would CALL Southwest first and ask for a credit card credit first. Then if they say that they can't do that for you, then you just take the Southwest Credit. :)

Good Luck! :shamrock:

If nothing in your flight plans changes but the price, you can call SW customer service, not the 800 number, the other one, and request a refund to your credit card. If you change dates or times to get the sale price, you'll receive Ticketless Travel Funds good for one year from the date of your original purchase to use on a future flight. Anyone can use these credits, they can be given away or sold. I just bought some credits from my sister since she can't use them. BTW- Besides being generous with changes & credits (therefore hooking alot of us!) they have stellar customer service! I've had a couple of funky situations in the past and they worked magic for me!pixiedust: I love SW!:love:

ha!!! it looks like we posted at the same time lol !!! just don't call their 1-800 number just look online (sw)
and find their customer relations number i believe it
is a 214 area code and call that, that is the number that most of us have called and had great success as long as you didn't change date/time of
your flight you should be able to get your cc credited back.
if not, just like beth said you recieve a credit good up to one year.

If nothing in your flight plans changes but the price, you can call SW customer service, not the 800 number, the other one, and request a refund to your credit card.

Laura, I jumped on this rate as soon as I saw it this morning. No changed to my itinerary. Do you think that there is any chance that I can have my credit card credited? I hate to push things, but of course the CC credit would be appreciated. ::yes::

I just got the email this morning too. It'll only save me $20 overall for our 4 tickets, but, hey......it's something. I'm just waiting for 8 am to call.

Hi not laura but maybe i could help:goodvibes
yes call sw and tell them the price dropped
give them your confirmation number and you
should be credited. good luck:cool1:

HERE IS SW'S PHONE NUMBER AND TIMES TO CALL:

Customer Relations 214-792-4223 Mon - Fri, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CT

Laura, I jumped on this rate as soon as I saw it this morning. No changed to my itinerary. Do you think that there is any chance that I can have my credit card credited? I hate to push things, but of course the CC credit would be appreciated. ::yes::

I don't see why not! Don't be afraid to ask...here's some SW pixie dust!pixiedust:

I am just hoping that sw goes a little cheaper:rolleyes1 ....

we have a $59 and a $99 flight late aug/early sept
this would be really great lower fares/free dining what
a great combination!!

I am just hoping that sw goes a little cheaper ....

we have a $59 and a $99 flight late aug/early sept

I hear ya !
We need flights for the end of Sept into the first week of Oct and right now SW is over $200/pp. I can fly Airtran for less as it stands now (which is a first for me), but I'm holding out for SW. Hopefully it's not in vain.

I am just hoping that sw goes a little cheaper:rolleyes1 ....

How can you NOT hope that with Southwest and what we read on these boards? I would be hoping too! Why do you think I checked out the email that I got this morning? Just in CASE my fares had dropped. :teeth:

Absolutely you can--what I do is mail a snail mail letter with the request. The information to do this is on their website. I have done this four times and all four the credit shows up on my CC statement the next month.

Absolutely you can--what I do is mail a snail mail letter with the request. The information to do this is on their website. I have done this four times and all four the credit shows up on my CC statement the next month.

That is sooo cool! I am going to check this out for sure! You know us Budget-ears, always trying to make the cost of our trips just this much cheaper.

We in the Dallas area have always been proud of our homegrown airline, Southwest, but until this past yr, due to the "Wright Amendment" couldn't fly to anywhere except TX, Okla, Ark or N.Orleans. Well little SW took on American Airlines & had that bogus law changed, now I can really go places... like Orlando, Nashville, Baltimore, Pittsburg, LA, Vegas Baby & many more!
It's so much easier to leave from Love Field on SW, than drive to DFW Int'l & fly out from there. Saves me appx 2hr travel nonsense B4 I even get on the plane!! It's also caused AA to be more competitve $ to certain markets.
Yea Southwest, good folks, great peanuts!

Yea Southwest, good folks, great peanuts!

I am definitely having a love affair with Southwest right now. :love: IMO, they really are in the same league as Disney when it comes to Customer Service - at least for many of us. I know that if you are business travelers and are used to having assigned seats, etc., SW may not be for you. But for most of us leisure travelers, I don't think that SW can be beat. :thumbsup2

Even w/out assigned seats, SW does what they can to accomadate any special needs. My sister went w/group of Special Ed students to N.Mexico, 18 total in group, not only did they allow her to decide best area of plane to sit in, over 10 employee's helped get them settled on plane at boarding, same thing when they chg'd plane in El Paso (due to stupid rule, no thru flight to NM) & they were waiting to help them off in NM. Coming back, same routine. Some of these folks were on break's when they saw help was req'd, gladly came running to offer assistance. I think the way SW treats their employee's is reflected in the way they treat SW customers in return. I know not everyone always has a pleasant experience with any airline, but I can tell you, if you have a complaint, the higher ups take it very seriously & do try to respond in a postitive manner.
Do you think AA would notify people on already purchased tickets that they are eligible to retain tickets @ lower $?

I just spoke with two representatives from SW and neither one would credit my cc. I'm only talking $20-$25 here. I told them several people on an online message board that I speak with said they've done this and they BOTH told me, well, "they must have had some medical reason or some special circumstance". I told them, not that I was aware of. Both refused to credit my cc. They told me to go online, make the airfare change and get it credited into my travel fund. I was not pleased with the customer service because they were both pretty matter-of-fact and did not seem very interested in helping me out.

Go online to SW site, get their headqts ph# in Dallas, call there & explain the situation, also tell them about the negative experience you just had w/2 of their reps (if you got names of reps tell them) SW doesn't take any bad publicity lightly, they know word of mouth by unhappy cust. is harmful.

edit info:
I used local phone book, here is number for
SOUTHWEST EXECUTIVE OFFICE: 214.792.4000

Thanks Lindy....I didn't get their names. One woman and one man.
The woman kept saying "well I can't credit you anything if you don't rebook at the lower fare" ??? So maybe I'm wrong ? I thought I could just give my Confirmation number and they could check that the fares are lower on one leg of the trip ? Maybe I'm the one confused ? Neither seemed willing to please me.
Thanks for the head's up about the Dallas number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter