south wing room at cr

newrygirl

DIS Veteran
I am planning a august trip and since their are 5 of us was looking at the cr garden wing rooms, no matter which dates I put in it shows nothing available, even if I put in fake dates for any month it shows nothing available, they have availability in the tower or club level but nothing for standard garden wing for any dates between now and Jan 2011, can the rooms really all be booked?

I found availability during the last week of December. It shows standard and garden view. Maybe try calling CRO? Good luck.

Because the CR is a convention hotel, getting rooms in the gardenwing are harder farther out. They keep those for the conventions. As your date gets closer, they will begin to release them. I imagine by April, you will see them starting to be available. Good Luck. I am hoping to snag a couple at the end of Aug myself. :goodvibes

If there are no rooms available this far out I am guessing it has to do with a convention and because their Garden Wing rooms are the least expensive among Monorail Resorts, so they are very popular and can sell out very fast.

I think the convention thing is the main issue! We are going for a week in Dec and I was able to get both weekends, but I am missing the Tues & Wed in between. Res agent told me likely a convention starting at weekend and ending on Tues/Wed and another running for a long weekend startin on Tues Wed - thus the overlap on what should be an easy date to book. I am going to keep trying, but in the mean time I am going to book something else so I don't loose another good option!

I am having the same issue for the Sept 12-18th. I tried booking online and the only things showing available were the Garden Wing Deluxe Room with king or the Tower with Bay Lake View or MK view and then all the suites and club levels. I called and the CM couldn't understand why nothing was available as there were no conventions. We tried many variations and same thing. He thinks that they block so many rooms for TAs. He suggested I keep trying.
Good Luck!

Keep trying! It took me 3 months to get my garden deluxe room to be switched to a standard room. I checked every day! Good luck:)

every night or every week? even if 1 night in any given week is sold out it will show the whole week as unavailable.

I would guess it is a convention block. Rooms should open up in the next 2-3 months. I know a lot of June was blocked out for a LONG time and it has alot of availability now.

There is another thread on the Resort Board where someone mentions that from August 16 - 19 there will be 600 managers from the Olive Garden who are having a convention at the Contemporary. So I am guessing that could be the reason why there are no rooms available right now.

my dates are August 19-29, so the Olives garden managers shouldn't affect me, I'll book garden view and keep checking.

If I remeber correctly there are only about 25 standard view rooms in the Garden wing. They are the rooms that face the parking lot. All the other wing rooms are Garden View, include those with a view of Bay Lake and the canal. Garden View room seen below.

dscn0227.jpg

dscn0318.jpg

I was looking for a standard view for a long weekend to see MSEP this summer. I plugged in my days (Tues-Fri - I work on the real weekend days) and started looking the first week of June. I had to go to the third week of July before a standard view came up, and I checked three weeks after that, and didn't find one. So I booked the one the third week of July. There aren't a lot of them, and they are the best value to be found in the monorail resorts. With the current summer offer, it worked out to $185 per night (before tax) which I consider to be a phenomenal rate for CR.

Don't give up - keep trying. Try at the 45 day mark when packages have to be cancelled. Try again at the 6-7 day mark when room only guests would cancel. And if you don't get one, you'll enjoy the garden view as much or more, so it won't be the end of the world.

I'm having the same problem! Trying to book Aug 29-Sept 5 and the least expensive room I can get to come up is Tower MK view! I would even be OK with the extra $ for the garden view but I can't even get those to come up for our dates. :confused3

Now the sad thing is I just went to book the garden view room and now it is not coming up either, just tower rooms, guess I should have booked the garden wing, garden view this morning, now I am really bummed:sad2:
I can't pay what they want for that, so guess I will book POR and hope something becomes available in the garden wing.

We are a party of 5 with the kids being young-ish teens, so one room at POR won't cut it for us. Now I have to decide b/t two connecting rooms at POR which gets us two bathrooms, four sinks, and a pool area with a hot tub....or the Poly which is about $500 more for one room, one bathroom (maybe only one sink) a more crowded pool area and no hot tub...but its the POLY!!
We really, really tried to like the thought of ASMu and a Family Suite or two rooms but none of us were really liking the ambience.
CR south wing would have been the perfect middle ground for us. I guess I will check CR everyday and keep my fingers crossed.
J

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter