Sorta Have A Conundrum, Some Advice Please

tigger92662

They're more like guidelines than actual rules
So DD and boyfriend (who has been to Disney) and 3 other friends who've never been, are going in June. 2 are teachers so summer is only time they can go.
The ones who haven't been are thinking that Genie+ is the only way to go.
DD knows the drill with how to get around, and the way people seem to be talking, standby lines are shorter anyway.
1st of all, the 3 that haven't been think they can do all they want to do in the 5 1/2 days they are there.
This coupled with only using Disney transportation.
I told them they certainly don't need Genie+ for EPCOT as the lines aren't usually long and they wanna drink around the world.
Has anyone done Genie+? Is it worth it? Pros & cons?
Thanks in advance

Joe, when we went to Disney late December-Jan, we had the Genie+, which was linked to our daughters. Jody managed this, and it did make a difference. however, some wait between rides. We, for the first time, lounged around many shops, sat in places we have never been. Do I think it is wet it, yes for us. Say hi to Glenda.

Joe, when we went to Disney late December-Jan, we had the Genie+, which was linked to our daughters. Jody managed this, and it did make a difference. however, some wait between rides. We, for the first time, lounged around many shops, sat in places we have never been. Do I think it is wet it, yes for us. Say hi to Glenda.

Paying for the individual rides, like Rise, can be worth it on any given day, but I'd say for Genie + in general, it's only worth it if you are park hopping. You can line up several rides for an afternoon park, instead of the park you start your day in. Having said that, we are rope droppers, so if you get a late start, it may be beneficial as well, as you could line up several rides in the afternoon.

I bought Genie + ($15/person/day) one day in January and found it almost a waste. January was busier than a normal post-marathon period, but not summer or Spring Break busy. The one ride we wanted to get was almost book up for the day by 7:15am, 15 minutes after on site people could get their 1st ILL. The system auto assigned a ride I didn't want and it took 10 minutes to clear it and get the ride I wanted. At 7:10 am (2 hours before park opening), the earliest spot I could get was 8:10pm (park closed at 9pm). By 11am (2 hours after park opening, when I could get a 2nd ILL, all the popular rides were gone for the day.

I've heard during busier periods, it is worse.

j

Worth it for HS. Worthless at epcot, if you have a plan. Ok at MK if your smaller and want to ride everything, for adults, maybe not so much. Worthless at AK. Buying the rides as an add on can be worth it, depends on the ride. Mk, 7DMT worth it, space not worth it. Epcott, frozen is worth it if you miss it at rope drop ( if you want to ride it). HS , anything is worth is, so crowded! Ratatouille, and runaway railroad are great but break down often. If they offer those as paid, get them. It will guarantee a ride later in the day. We went in november, and had g + for all parks and days, it was in its second week. We rope dropped or went early every day to the parks. This is how it worked for us. More info, and rides oders are in my trip report.

This is from the investors meeting yesterday. Reinforces the expectations for Genie +

Disney World Attempts to Lower Guest Expectations of Genie+ Paid Skip-the-Line Service

When you take your day to the next level by purchasing Disney Genie+ service, you may choose the next available arrival window for Lightning Lane entrances at select attractions and entertainment. This unique service lets you use our new Lightning Lane entrance at select attractions and experiences at the Walt Disney World theme parks. On average, guests can enter 2 to 3 attractions or experiences (of the 40 available across all of WDW) per day using the Lightning Lane entrance if the first selection is made early in the day.

The update to the website and app comes at a time when guests are clearly frustrated with the service and not finding a lot of availability for Lightning Lane return times. The usefulness of the service has clearly deteriorated as more guests use it. To put the “2 or 3 attractions per day” expectation in context, we did 20 Lightning Lane attractions back on October 19, 2021, when the service debuted. To be fair, we are certainly power users of the service, but for Disney to put out official verbiage attempting to lower guest expectations, there is likely some seriously negative feedback being provided by guests.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter