Sorry - Half board question!!

whittysmum

Earning My Ears
We leave in just over two weeks and still trying to decide whether to book the half board plus vouchers :confused3

Is there anywhere that I can see the menus for the halfboard plans?

Not sure where we want to eat but know we want to do Cafe Mickey, is it worth getting the vouchers or just pre-booking?

I know these have probably been asked before but spent ages looking through past threads and couldn't see any answers.

Thanks,

As far as I know there isn't a specific place to see the half board voucher menus, but if you look on the restaurant reveiw thread, and choose the restaurant you'd like to eat in, many people have posted reviews and mentioned what they've eaten for their voucher price.

I'd definately reccomend the half board plus vouchers. Good value, 3 courses and a drink or all you can eat buffet and drink, depending on where you eat.

For Cafe Mickey you are definately paying more for the characters. I don't think its worth the hb premium price. You can get a pizza there for 14.50E.

I was still glad we had the hbplus vouchers though. It means you can think about where you want to eat and book it. The last thing you want to do is be wandering around looking for somewhere to go when you're all exhausted. It also means that you don't need to count the pennies every time you look for food, which is what we did on previous trips.

We used half board plus vouchers for the first time this past week and would highly recommend them.
We ate twice at Annettes and paid nothing extra (4 adult vouchers are worth 104 euros), Walts (paid extra, but used Shareholder discount), Cafe Mickey (paid extra but they wouldn't take the shareholder discount off because we paid with vouchers, the only restaurant to do this), Hunters Grill (only paid for an extra drink), Hotel Cheyenne (nothing extra to pay), Inventions (birthday cake and extra to pay) and lastly Restaurant des Stars (nothing extra to pay).
We mainly had a main course and a couple of desserts at the non buffet restaurants, I can't remember any of us actually having any starters at all (we like our desserts!) It certainly worked for us and we enjoyed making reservations each day depending on what we had planned to do.

Thanks very much for the replies, think we will get the vouchers even if we only eat at the buffet restaurants it looks as if we will be saving money!

Do I need to pre book the restaurants now or will it be OK to book them the morning in question?

It depends on how you feel. I like to be organised, so I did book ours using the reservation line. Although you call France, there is an option to choose to speak to an English speaking agent.

I wanted mine all done, so I didn't need to waste time whilst we were there. It also gives you a heads up in case the place you want to eat is closed. Walts was closed some of the time we were there.

You can always cancel or change on the day if you change your mind. For me it was just one less thing to worry about.

Ok, I think we have decided to book the Half Board+ option for our stay, we will probably eat at the hotel buffets for two nights, but would like to take our nephew to a character meal as he never been to Disney. We like the look of Cafe Mickey, do you think this is a good choice with two boys, 13 and 12, and how do we use our vouchers there, are we limited to a set menu?

Thanks for any replies!!:banana:

We love Cafe Mickey and the character interaction is wonderful! We just told our waitress that we wanted to use the vouchers at face value and they had no problem with that at all, she told us they were worth 104 euros (4 adults), we then chose our meals from the menu and paid any difference.

I don't believe there is a HB meal plan at Cafe Mickey's, so face value.

Would recommend this highly as it's an expensive place to eat.

FD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!