sorority girls!

WDWfanatic288

<font color=blue>Is now a card carrying member of
hey everyone!! I'm pledging Phi Sigma Sigma(I get initationed tomorrow!! yay!!) but I was wondering if any other girls on here were a Phi Sig? (Norah told me there were some other ones on here)
and also, if you are one in the Philadelphia region, I was wondering if anyone is going to the Regional Conference next week b/c it would be cool to meet up with some people!
and if you aren't a Phi Sig and you are in a sorority, which one are you in? (guys can say what frat they are in!)

Hey Jules, I'm so happy you are going greek! And good luck with initation :) Im in the Theta Omega chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha and I looooooooove it!

SDAngel101 said:
Hey Jules, I'm so happy you are going greek! And good luck with initation :) Im in the Theta Omega chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha and I looooooooove it!

This thread pulled an old diser like me over...but glad I did....I'm a Zeta from Gamma Kappa from way back in the dark ages.... :cool1: :cool1:

Congrats on initiation! I'm a Sigma Kappa from the University of Louisville (Alpha Theta Chapter). Greek Life is great!

Hey I'm reading a booked called Pledged and its about 4 girls in a sorority. It's pretty good so far, Its about a writer who went back to school to see what sororities are really like. I don't know if I'll do one in college or not though, I'll have to see :earsboy: See ya!
Michele

cheerdancer11 said:
Hey I'm reading a booked called Pledged and its about 4 girls in a sorority. It's pretty good so far, Its about a writer who went back to school to see what sororities are really like. I don't know if I'll do one in college or not though, I'll have to see :earsboy: See ya!
Michele

That book has MANY instances of FALSE information. Please do not believe everything in that book. Not all sororities haze and also some of the "secrets" revealed in the book are wrong. The author definately put a negative spin on many aspects of sorority life. Talk to some REAL girls you know in sororities to get a better idea :)

I know, definitely this is a negative spins on sororities. I know alot of girls from my hs joined and theirs are definietly not like the ones described in this book. I think at different schools they are also very different. Thanks for the heads up :flower:

I'm a recent alum from Upsilon chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta. There are quite a few Alpha Gams on the board; even a couple from my chapter!

Hey! I'm in Tau Beta Sigma (which is actually a service sorority)...it's different from a social but still has many of the same aspects. And it's also co-ed :flower:

I am a past TriDelt out of the Canada Alpha Chapter (University of Toronto). Going Greek was not the normal thing at my campus, the chapters are not even affilated with the University up here. They get two lines in the Student Handbook, just saying that they are available.

But I found that it was a great experience even though our chapter was very small, just twenty girls when I joined, (the biggest house had 45 girls that year) I was made V.P. membership the day after I was initiated, lol. It made for a very interesting ride.

Enjoy your time with your sisters, and have a lot of fun!

Penny

I met a bunch of girls from our Tau Chapter (Alpha Gamma Delta) at UToronto last year at centennial convention. Y'all definitely have a different experience, but from what I've seen, it's still amazing!

The AGD girls were great during the time I was in the TriDelt house. They were my second pick during rush. The funny thing was that when they gave me Vp. membership, I was given the formal rush lists and saw my scores and placement. I was second after the only legacy. It felt good!

Different is right! No house mother(most girls were already 19, drinking age, when they pledged), no house meals(except meeting night), no greek advisors on campus. We don't report our gpa's except to hand them in once a year to the PanHel council. Greek week is a little lame, but without school acknowledgement it is hard to get events placed on campus.

And PanHal rush is so backwards here, no one applies to be part of FR. No one sends references in for daughters, sisters or family friends. We generally had to beg girls to come and see what a Women's Fraternity/Sorority was. We have a lot of ethnic groups on campus and not alot of social/philanthropic groups. And we have so much housing on and around our campus that we lose out on that incentive.

Other Canadian Campuses have a much stronger greek presence, Queen's, and U of Western Ontario come to mind. Although we do have 7 women's houses and I think it is 12-15 men's houses.

Penny

WOO HOO!!! Welcome to the sisterhood of a lifetime!!! :cheer2: I'm a Gamma Gamma (Clarion University of PA) alum. :) I pledged in Spring 2001 and I just left this past December. I was Archon for 2 years in a row, MRC, Tribune, and PR chair. Now I'm looking into becoming housing coordinator for Region 7.

What chapter is in Philly? Is that Xi? I'm so excited for you! You're going to have such a great time!!! Phi Sigma Sigma was truly the best choice I ever made in college (actually just going Greek in general!) There are a ton of Phi Sigs on the boards. I think there are about 9 that I remember from the community board. Davids-Coco is on the College Board a lot too and she's a Phi Sig. We're just all over the place. Drop me a PM if you ever want to chat!!

a few of my friends here at school pledged in the fall, and a few are pledging this spring. I decided that Im going to atleast go through formal rush next fall. But I'm nervous that I'll really like a house and won't be given a bid. Does this happen a lot? Or should I just not worry about it?

I would say don't worry about it. Now, every school is different, but at mine, usually if you really like a house it's because the girls are people you feel comfortable with. If that's the case, they'll probably feel comfortable with you too. I think there's a place for everyone in the Greek community and hopefully you can find yours! Do you know how many people are allowed in a sorority at your school? For example, we're only allowed to take 60 girls at my school, but because of the decline in interest all of the groups hover from 30-50. That leaves space for great girls who might be interseted. I'm glad you're considering going through formal recruitment. That's a great way to meet everyone if you go in with an open mind. Good luck!! :)

The sororites are allowed to have 95 active sisters here. I know for a fact that one house has 95 (they couldn't take a pledge class this spring), but I'm not really sure about the other 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts