Sooze's Surprise Trip for DS's 8th UPDATE! p.20 #287 11/3 Link to New TR p.19

Downtown = SCAAAARY!!!! :scared: Really - as in the FBI had to be called in to fight the crime because it was too much for local cops. It's fine to go in for events, but not a place you want to spend the night, unless you stay at a fancy-shmancy hotel in the business district. Stay away from anything labeled "near the Centroplex." Trust V.

Personally, I suggest something in the Universal/Sea World vicinity - only 5-10 minutes from downtown but much safer.

Thanks for the insider's info! I will definitely get the Universal/Sea World vicinity! Good advice!

I think I'd at least try to check in early as well. It would be nice after your lunch to come back and perhaps find your room is already ready rather than come back and have to start the check in process and perhaps have no room for a while.

Do you have Debbi's phone number? If you need it PM me. I called her, left a voice mail and then she emailed me that same night. If you need it I know I saved it. We did the diver/menu thing last trip and it was cool!

Allyson

I think we are going to go with your (and V's) advice! Even if we went to Epcot 1st, it would be a let down to have to park and get to the entrance. With OKW, we will pull in and get right out and have a happy, hugging, fun surprise!!

See update below!

1. We've decided that we are going to head straight to OKW in the morning to check in. That way, they can get going on our room right away and Tyson can get immediate contact with his surprise!

2. I have made contact with Debbi at CR Restaurant. The diver is set and the pictures and info for the menu have been sent. Her email said something cute in it:

"You don't have to mention anything when checking in. Just let the magic happen." That's exciting! I just can't wait to see Ty's reaction to it all!!:goodvibes

Even tho this trip is right around the corner, it still seems so far away! I am starting to think about how HOT it will be! We never go in the summer, so this will be a good experiment! Already ordered a couple of tank tops from DisneyShopping.com... can't imagine wearing a t-shirt in that heat!!

Thanks for reading along.. I know this PTR isn't very active, but I appreciate everyone's help!!

OMG! I am just catching back up. I can't believe your trip is THIS WEEKEND:cool1: You must be sooo excited! Your itinerary looks great. Busy, busy you have been. Tyson looked so cute getting his wolf accessories. Matthew will be a bear this year! Shae is getting so big, she looked adorable on the slip n slide:thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes HAVE FUN!

Well, we head to Atlanta on Thursday! Here are the few last-minute things I did!

#1 Booked the Econolodge Inn and Suites near Univeral for Saturday night. It's going to be torture staying so close to Disney. But we won't get in until very late Saturday night after the drum corps show, and we'll be getting up early Sunday morning to get our butts on Disney property! So we won't be tortured very long!

#2 Got confirmation from Debbi at Coral Reef. She received the pictures! Can't wait to see Tyson's face when he sees himself on the menu!:goodvibes

#3 Bought 3-day park hopper for Ty at AAA this morning. No waiting at Guest Services for us!

#4 Took the car into the shop to get it tuned up and ready to drive. Now if only they could hook me up with some gas... ugh.. not looking forward to wasting THAT money:sad2:

Now I need to pack. I need to do this as slyly as possible. I want to have a separate suitcase for Disney so I don't have to worry about repacking once in Atlanta. But Tyson can't notice that I'm putting all of our Disney clothes in another suitcase!! Cross your fingers that he remains a typical MALE and doesn't notice such details!!;)

When we return, I'm hoping to bust this quickie trip report out! So check back next week!:banana:

Have a great trip, Sooze! Can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

Sending lots of pixie dust your way for a fabulous trip! :wizard: Happy 8th Birthday to Tyson!

I'm counting down the days to read your TR and see the pics. :grouphug:

OMG! I am just catching back up. I can't believe your trip is THIS WEEKEND:cool1: You must be sooo excited! Your itinerary looks great. Busy, busy you have been. Tyson looked so cute getting his wolf accessories. Matthew will be a bear this year! Shae is getting so big, she looked adorable on the slip n slide:thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear all about your trip!:goodvibes HAVE FUN!

So happy you checked in.. just in time! It's hard to wait for a trip, even when it's not even yours!! Be back soon! ... too soon..

Have a great trip, Sooze! Can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

I'll be looking forward to sharing it with you all :banana:

Sending lots of pixie dust your way for a fabulous trip! :wizard: Happy 8th Birthday to Tyson!

I'm counting down the days to read your TR and see the pics. :grouphug:

Thanks for the pixie dust... now how about a gas card?:lmao:
Sure do hope we have a safe, successful, surprising trip!

Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

Be back soon! Thanks for checking in:yay:

I'm so excited for you guys!! Tyson is going to be so surprised. So glad you heard back from Debi and that it's all set up for CR.

I can't wait to read your TR when you get back and see the pictures. :banana:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!:woohoo:

Have a fantastic trip Sooze! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Allyson

#4 Took the car into the shop to get it tuned up and ready to drive. Now if only they could hook me up with some gas... ugh.. not looking forward to wasting THAT money:sad2:
Try to fill up when you hit the FL border - gas is often the lowest there! :thumbsup2

Have a fun, safe trip - I'll be waving to ya' from the west! :wave:

I'm so excited for you guys!! Tyson is going to be so surprised. So glad you heard back from Debi and that it's all set up for CR.

I can't wait to read your TR when you get back and see the pictures. :banana:

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!:woohoo:

Thanks for the well-wishes! Can't wait to create some more DISNEY MEMORIES!!

Have a fantastic trip Sooze! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Allyson

Can't wait to share all about it! See y'all soon!

Try to fill up when you hit the FL border - gas is often the lowest there! :thumbsup2

Have a fun, safe trip - I'll be waving to ya' from the west! :wave:

Awesome tip, thanks! I'll be waving at ya too!

As you can see, it's almost 2am. I finally finished packing AND painting our upstairs hallway and loft. Don't even ask me why I attempted to that at the same time, but they are both done (oh.. and I had rehearsals for Joseph every night this week from 7-9:30, Not so convenient!)

But.. we are ready to go! Pray for our trip if you can!

See you in a week!:cool1:

Hello all! We returned safe and sound from our quick little surprise getaway. I returned with a cold (thanks to DH who brought it with him) and lots of wonderful memories!

I am uploading all of my pictures as I type this. Hope to have this thing going by tonight!

Hello all! We returned safe and sound from our quick little surprise getaway. I returned with a cold (thanks to DH who brought it with him) and lots of wonderful memories!

I am uploading all of my pictures as I type this. Hope to have this thing going by tonight!

WElcome home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter