SOOZE's Grand Gathering... it's so good, I have to bevel! Update! 2/3

Well, we made it. It had been a magical, memory-making week of family fun… but it had come to an end. Early… and I mean EARLY this morning, Mahna and Pahta were driven to the airport by Matt. When we woke up, we already had that ‘something is missing’ feeling. But we pulled ourselves together to try and enjoy the time we still had. ABC’s flight wasn’t leaving until the evening, so we all decided to soak up some more Magic Kingdom time before Matt had to haul them to MCO!

We loaded up the car with luggage and stuff, and headed to the TTC. We decided to take the ferry over, and since the morning rush was over, we had a pretty decent wait. The kids weren’t buying it, tho. I’m telling you… they were BOO BOO FACE!! Even this amazing chalk Minnie couldn’t lighten their “we-leave-today” moods.
IMG_2245.jpg

Here they are on the ferry… Tyson deep in thought about the impending doom of departing the magic:
IMG_2248.jpg

Avabelle still managed a smile, but she didn’t know the misery that lay ahead…
IMG_2250.jpg

A beautiful ride across the lagoon:
IMG_2253.jpg

We got him a bit more chipper when we reminded him we’d be staying at this amazing resort in just a few months:
IMG_2256.jpg

Love this shot of Uncle Ben and Avabelle walking into MK:
Day6AandB.jpg

By this time, I was starting to get annoyed at the kids’ behavior. I get the Disney depression, I do. But WE still had a WHOLE DAY here, and wasn’t about to spend it with this negativity. Seriously… look at this:
IMG_2263.jpg

We had a long talk about it, and eventually, they started to come around. So how did we REALLY get the smiles back? Well, we rode the Peoplemover, of course!!
IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

Spent some time with the giant stone earth. The kids are always intrigued with this. Does anyone know the story behind it?! What is its purpose, other than attracting germy, wet hands?! I love how I’m in the background of this picture just contemplating these questions:
Day6BigGlove.jpg

IMG_2269.jpg

Who cares?!
IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

We decided to let Avabelle pick her last ride of the trip. She had us head over to Fantasyland.

Tyson couldn’t control his excitement over this ride:
IMG_2277.jpg

Can you guess what it is?!
IMG_2279.jpg

But of COURSE!
Day6Aanditsasmall.jpg

We hopped in line and ended up waiting a bit. It gave us a chance to catch this rare photo of our families!
Day6Familypic.jpg

The cousins were in full-on LOVE mode… since it was hitting us that ABC would be leaving and we would me missing them like crazy!
Day6cousins.jpg

Shae and Avabelle sat together taking up all of the sights and sounds. They were just so cute! Here they are waving at the Pinnochio Haus patrons:

Day6IASWwave.jpg

After the ride, we spent some time in Fantasyland, especially checking out the construction. Avabelle just loved the large characters on the walls!
AandBeast.jpg

How cute is this?
AmimicsBelle.jpg

Soon it was time to give good-bye hugs to our wonderful Minnesota family. It was so hard to see them go! Here are a few shots of their way out of MK.

Last stop by the castle:
Day6Aandcastle.jpg

Last stop on Main Street with some of the fabulous performers:
Day6MainStreetgoodbye.jpg

So long, DisneyWorld!
Day6Seeyarealsoon.jpg

And one last monorail ride with Uncle Matt:
Day6AandMattmonorail.jpg

They had a quick ride to the airport and a safe ride back home to Minnesota.

But what about US? The last piece of the family to stay at Disney? Well, we are crazy, and insist on soaking up every available minute of the day. So we still had several hours to go. Our plan was to leave after Illuminations that night. So how should we finish up our day?

So Matt took the rest of our family to the airport, leaving the kids and me with a bit of time to kill. We piddled around Magic Kingdom, doing some things we don’t normally do. For example, hanging around the stockade:

IMG_2284.jpg

Or posing prettily while waiting to ride the Magic Carpets. (Seriously, though, we had never ridden these things)
IMG_2295.jpg

Everybody now… “I can show you the world. Shining, shimmering, spleeeendddiidd!”
IMG_2298.jpg

My babies:
IMG_2300.jpg

We grabbed some lunch at (I think) Pecos Bill’s:
IMG_2301.jpg

We had to use self control to not buy into these little guys’ begging:
IMG_2303.jpg

Plllleeeeeaaaaaaaassseee!??!!
IMG_2305.jpg

You KNOW you wanna!
IMG_2308.jpg

We were going to hop a ride on Pirates to wrap up our MK morning, but it was one of those crazy times of day when the line extends out into the entrance. Nope. Not gonna do it!
IMG_2285.jpg

I tried really hard to convince the kids to stay and watch this with me:
IMG_2290.jpg

But for some reason, I just can’t do it! So what’s a mom to do?

Take her kids on over to Epcot, that’s what!
IMG_2309.jpg

Our chariot awaits:
IMG_2311.jpg

We enjoyed our last monorail ride of the trip. Matt was on his way back to WDW and we had planned on having him park at the Boardwalk so we could walk over to the car after Illuminations. When we arrived in Epcot, we headed straight to Spaceship Earth. We were also able to partake in some of the dump area activities.

IMG_2322.jpg

Team work!
IMG_2324.jpg

Shae got a little frustrated with the technology. The girl just doesn’t have enough video game experience! (Which is fine with me!)
IMG_2325.jpg

By this time, Matt had caught up with us, and he and Tyson headed out to find the wild rides. This left Shae and me to (once again) enjoy the slower paced life at Epcot.

We meandered back over to Club Cool for some free drinks. With no one to trick with Beverly, it just wasn’t as fun! But the free drinks were delicious as always!
IMG_2327.jpg

The girls’ favorite!
IMG_2330.jpg

Next stop… was Nemo… sigh… again…. The girl just cannot get enough of those clam-mobiles! We spent a lot of time in the aquarium afterwards, which we both enjoyed!
IMG_2331.jpg

This one is kinda eerie, isn’t it? Like there’s a ghost behind the jail bars in the tank?
IMG_2336.jpg

Smoochies for Nemo!
IMG_2337.jpg

Our family was reunited with a Kim Possible experience. Tyson still enjoys these very much, even though he has done them all!
IMG_2340.jpg

Uh-oh… the going home blues were begin to settle in. This time, it wasn’t just the kids being affected!
IMG_2342.jpg

We soon found ourselves staking out our Illuminations spot. I can tell I had caught the Disney Departure Blues because I had stopped taking pictures at this point. I just couldn’t face my camera, I guess!

We huddled close as we watched our favorite fireworks show, and dragged out the moment when we had to start the long trek back to the car. I did catch this one last picture of my kids consoling each other… how much does THIS capture that “I just can’t bear to leave” feeling?!
IMG_2344.jpg

This is where this Grand Gathering story ends. I don’t want to bore you with the details of the departure… there were tears… and many hours on the road… but we made it home very quickly and without any problems whatsoever. It was the trip we had dreamed it would be, and we would share memories of the trip for weeks and months to come.

Thank you to anyone and everyone who stuck with me as it took me FOR. EVER to finish this thing!! :hug:Hope I can find you on my next Trip Report… which I shall be starting soon. ( I am TWO trips behind… ugh! ) :sad2:

Here are the few pictures we had taken at Epcot on that final day. Hope you enjoyed them!

Photo0237FourBySix.jpg

In color:
Photo0239FourBySix.jpg

I love this one!!
Photo0245FourBySix.jpg

Thanks again everyone! Have a safe 2012!

:love:

Wonderful trip report, once again I enjoy every installment. You packed alot into the last day.

I also hate the last day. I feel like I need to go around and tell each ride and shop goodbye. Then finish up in the Magic Kingdom.

Wonderful trip report, once again I enjoy every installment. You packed alot into the last day.

I also hate the last day. I feel like I need to go around and tell each ride and shop goodbye. Then finish up in the Magic Kingdom.

:good vibes Thank you so much for sticking around. I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

And telling different parts of the park goodbye? We TOTALLY do that!

Thanks again!

I was reading your current trip report, and decided I had to read your Grand Gathering TR. I am SO glad I did - and yes - I used the links and read it entirely in one sitting. I loved how everyone got along so well, and truly loved the magical experience of family at Disney! I have to admit, I cried through the last day as the family split apart to travel back to their homes.

Thanks again for a fantastic TR!!!

PS: I liked how you placed the Photo Pass at the end of each day. Nice touch. And of course how you add in videos.

I'll see you back at your current TR. :surfweb:

I was reading your current trip report, and decided I had to read your Grand Gathering TR. I am SO glad I did - and yes - I used the links and read it entirely in one sitting. I loved how everyone got along so well, and truly loved the magical experience of family at Disney! I have to admit, I cried through the last day as the family split apart to travel back to their homes.

Thanks again for a fantastic TR!!!

PS: I liked how you placed the Photo Pass at the end of each day. Nice touch. And of course how you add in videos.

I'll see you back at your current TR. :surfweb:

You just made my day!! :goodvibes:goodvibes
It takes me so long to finish my TRs, that I often lose people in the process... so it's nice to hear someone enjoying a completed one!!

Thanks a bunch!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter