SOOZE I just can't wait! Anniversary Trip with DH only! Itinerary Posted p.2 #30

Be sure to take pictures of the different ornaments and the tree topper and tree skirt you pick out. The Christmas store is my favorite store to visit at DTD.

Your itinerary looks great. We are going to WDW for our anniversary next year, and I can't wait. And your pics of Kona are making me think that I have to actually eat there one of these times.

Funny thing - DH glances over my shoulder as I was reading and saw Avon High and starts telling me how amazing their band is. He was in marching band in high school, and they took 12th at Nationals (American Fork). It is totally one of great moments of his life. I am glad to know there are other band geeks on here. ;)

Sun
Nov 29

Sunny
73°
55°
0%

Mon
Nov 30

Partly Cloudy
78°
60°
10%

Tue
Dec 1

Scattered T-Storms
79°
58°
60%

Wed
Dec 2

Scattered Showers
78°
58°
60%

Not liking the T-storms and showers... along with the 60% chances. Sure hope that changes as the week goes on. Although, I can't really complain... it's going to be a high of 46 in Indy the day we leave!:rolleyes:

6 Days Til Disney

I can't wait to see my two favorite shows: Finding Nemo: The Musical and Festival of the Lion King!

Florida16.jpg

IMG_5963.jpg

And since we are sans children, we can arrive super early and get great seats!

I just love those ornaments!

Aren't they neat?! I just found them on Photobucket! I haven't been in the DTD Christmas store in years! Hoping to find some fun treasures!

Be sure to take pictures of the different ornaments and the tree topper and tree skirt you pick out. The Christmas store is my favorite store to visit at DTD.

Absolutely! Will do!

Itinerary looks good!

Packed, but good.

Yeah... the bad thing about doing a quickie... you gotta cram everything in that you can. We plan on taking our time, tho. If we don't get to everything, not a big deal!:thumbsup2

Your itinerary looks great. We are going to WDW for our anniversary next year, and I can't wait. And your pics of Kona are making me think that I have to actually eat there one of these times.

Funny thing - DH glances over my shoulder as I was reading and saw Avon High and starts telling me how amazing their band is. He was in marching band in high school, and they took 12th at Nationals (American Fork). It is totally one of great moments of his life. I am glad to know there are other band geeks on here. ;)

I just love anniversary trips... they are so magical! Will you be doing a trip report? The last time we were at Kona, we had a delicious breakfast. I got the Tonga Toast, and DH did steak and eggs. Here's a link to that episode of my TR, in case you want to check it out:

Kona Breakfast Episode

American Fork was at Grand Nationals again this year. Did you hear about the bus accident they had? We couldn't believe they raised the funds to travel to Indy in 2 or 3 days so that they could perform in honor of the staff member that was killed. The whole crowd was pulling for them!

Thanks for jumping on board!

I just love anniversary trips... they are so magical! Will you be doing a trip report? The last time we were at Kona, we had a delicious breakfast. I got the Tonga Toast, and DH did steak and eggs. Here's a link to that episode of my TR, in case you want to check it out:

Kona Breakfast Episode

American Fork was at Grand Nationals again this year. Did you hear about the bus accident they had? We couldn't believe they raised the funds to travel to Indy in 2 or 3 days so that they could perform in honor of the staff member that was killed. The whole crowd was pulling for them!

Thanks for jumping on board!

Thanks for the link - the Tonga toast looks phenomenal. I think we are definitely going to try it out this time. As for a trip report, I am hoping to do one, but I am like the queen of unfinished trip reports. Maybe I can actually do one and finish it this time.

DH and I are both from American Fork actually. (Yeah, we went to high school together but didn't meet until years later.) My cousin actually plays in the band now, and DH knew Heather that was killed in the accident. And I grew up about 2 block from the band director and was friends with his kids, so we are still pretty tight with all the band stuff. It really was just the most amazing thing, watching them raise the money. Everyone was shocked because people were just walking into the school and dropping off whatever they could give.

Anyway, congrats to your hubby and back to your PTR.

5 Days Til Disney!

I can't wait to watch an entire show from the Fountain of Nations in Epcot!

2-3-2008-249.jpg

Matt and I have always wanted to do this, but on our last adults-only trip, the fountain was closed for rehab. So we are ready this time!!

Thanks for the link - the Tonga toast looks phenomenal. I think we are definitely going to try it out this time. As for a trip report, I am hoping to do one, but I am like the queen of unfinished trip reports. Maybe I can actually do one and finish it this time.

DH and I are both from American Fork actually. (Yeah, we went to high school together but didn't meet until years later.) My cousin actually plays in the band now, and DH knew Heather that was killed in the accident. And I grew up about 2 block from the band director and was friends with his kids, so we are still pretty tight with all the band stuff. It really was just the most amazing thing, watching them raise the money. Everyone was shocked because people were just walking into the school and dropping off whatever they could give.

Anyway, congrats to your hubby and back to your PTR.
Ha ha! I jumped over and checked out your never-ending TR. How funny. By the way, the wedding pictures were stunning, I just LOVED your cake! I'll try to get back over there and make some comments soon!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your community. That is every band parent's nightmare... to have a bus wreck with those precious kids and staff on board. So glad the band was able to make the trip to Indy!

I didn't even know there was a show there....maybe I did, but I haven't seen a whole show either.
Every once in a while, you'll hear loud, more symphonic music playing near the fountain/ Innoventions area. If you hear that, stop and look at the fountain. It is actually dancing to the music! Enjoy!!

4 Days Til Disney!!

I can't wait to cuddle with my husband (of 12 years) and watch our most favorite fireworks display ever.. ILLUMINATIONS!!!

P1020047.jpg

P1100463.jpg

DSC01692.jpg

This last picture is my favorite part, BTW. I just love how it lights up the sky so it feels like a different time of day... and the music pumping behind it... ahhhh!!:cloud9:

Hope you have a great time at Illuminations. Aren't you going to try and catch it more than once?

Yes! We are hoping to bookend our trip with it, seeing it on the first and last night. Hope the weather cooperates!:rolleyes:

3 Days Til Disney!

I can't wait to drive our rental car under this sign, and get giddy with excitement that we are actually here!!

P1040461.jpg

Here's an updated weather forecast:
Sun
Nov 29

Mostly Sunny
77°
59°
0%

Mon
Nov 30

Mostly Cloudy
79°
63°
10%

Tue
Dec 1

Isolated T-Storms
76°
62°
30%

Wed
Dec 2

Scattered T-Storms
75°
58°
40%

Looks like the %chance of rain is going down. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Sending good weather pixie dust your way. Remember this time of the year Illuminations is at 9:30.

Thanks! The forecast gets better every time I check! And thanks for the reminder about the 9:30 time. We DO have that in our itinerary, but when you're so used to the 9:00 slot, it's easy to forget!

2 Days Til Disney!!

I can't wait to eat chips and salsa while looking out over the Aztec pyramid and Mexico boat ride!

P1030128.jpg

P1030121.jpg

Updated weather:
Sun
Nov 29

Partly Cloudy
78°
58°
10%

Mon
Nov 30

Mostly Cloudy
81°
61°
10%

Tue
Dec 1

Mostly Cloudy
81°
65°
20%

Wed
Dec 2

Isolated T-Storms
83°
64°
30%

Gettin' better every day!!

I watched the Space Shuttle land this morning on the NASA channel. As they showed the Florida landscape with those famous central FL trees, I couldn't help but get a bit giddy, knowing I'd be flying over those very trees THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!!:dance3:

WOW - I am so jealous... 2 days!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no rain for y'all. Hope you both have a great time being just adults!

The weather forecast is looking great!
You are going to have soooo much fun in just 1 more day!
:yay::yay:

WOW - I am so jealous... 2 days!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no rain for y'all. Hope you both have a great time being just adults!

Don't be jealous! You'll be there soon enough! ;) Thanks for the no-rain hopes.. it's looking like we'll get some for sure on our last day. That's our Animal Kingdom day, which is fine because we'll be watching indoor shows most of the time!:thumbsup2

can't wait to hear about your trip..:thumbsup2

Can't wait to share it with you! I'm hoping to do some live updates... so stay tuned!

The weather forecast is looking great!
You are going to have soooo much fun in just 1 more day!
:yay::yay:

So far, so good!! We might get a bit of rain, but it's okay with us! Rain in Disney is better than sun at home....:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter