Sonya's or Shutters Vero Beach Valentines Day

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
Where would you eat. Is Sonya's worth the extra money? Thanks:thumbsup2

Many holidays, they serve just one menu and you are seated in the Sonya or Shutters dining area. For Easter and Thanksgiving, they served one buffet for both restaurant. Valentines Day is a bit different, so if the boards don't have an answer, just call the resort.

If the menus ARE different, I would pick Sonya's- at Sonya's the food was delicious- some of the best scallops I have ever eaten are on that menu! YUM! But, more than that, at Sonya's you get more of a fine dining experience where the meal takes longer and they fuss over you more- at Shutter's, the food was fine, but it was more casual. There is a link in my sig to a TR I just finished about VB- on the first page i posted links to the posts, so you can just see what they were both like pretty easily as we went to both. Have a great time!:goodvibes

If the menus ARE different, I would pick Sonya's- at Sonya's the food was delicious- some of the best scallops I have ever eaten are on that menu! YUM! But, more than that, at Sonya's you get more of a fine dining experience where the meal takes longer and they fuss over you more- at Shutter's, the food was fine, but it was more casual. There is a link in my sig to a TR I just finished about VB- on the first page i posted links to the posts, so you can just see what they were both like pretty easily as we went to both. Have a great time!:goodvibes

I'm new to DVC and just booked Vero dedicated 2 bedroom for July 23-31 (have beach cottage waitlisted for the 5 of us).
Are Shutters and Sonya's onsite? Can I make ADR for them before arriving?
If not, do I do this as soon as I arrive, I would like to do both and maybe one a couple of times.
Thank you all very much!

We will be there on Valentine's Day as well and was just thinking about where to eat. Unfortunately our girls will be with us and I don't think they will want to stay in the villa alone at night so... it will be a Valentine's Day dinner for 4!! :lmao: Any suggestions?? I'm thinking pizza on the deck with a bottle of wine ...or two. ;)

Just for everyone's info... Shutters and Sonya's are served by the same kitchen. So the quality won't be different, however, the menu is different (so is the price). We aren't much into dining out, but we have found that the cost of Sonya's is prohibitive for us.

We will be there on Valentine's Day as well and was just thinking about where to eat. Unfortunately our girls will be with us and I don't think they will want to stay in the villa alone at night so... it will be a Valentine's Day dinner for 4!! :lmao: Any suggestions?? I'm thinking pizza on the deck with a bottle of wine ...or two. ;)

You could have your girls go to the Discovery Kids Club if you really want alone time. Cost is $30pp for 3 hrs and includes dinner. We do this once each trip. Or have them join you and crank up the wine. There's so many great dining places in VB you can't lose!

js, shutters and sonya are onsite. you can reserve ahead of time, but it's not usually necessary. we ate there on easter and thansgiving and made ressies when we checked in cause we wanted to keep things flexible.

You could have your girls go to the Discovery Kids Club if you really want alone time. Cost is $30pp for 3 hrs and includes dinner. We do this once each trip. Or have them join you and crank up the wine. There's so many great dining places in VB you can't lose!

Actually I think my older one is too old, she could actually watch my younger one but wouldn't want to say in a different place alone at night (our first night). I think wine will have to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter