Son's SSI denied, but they forgot to include Neuropsych Eval in determination!?

Discussion in 'disABILITIES Community Board' started by Solanta, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Solanta

Solanta Earning My Ears

Hi All,

I received a letter of denial on my sons claim and in the list of information they used to determine this, they did not have the most important evaluation - his Neuropsychological exam. Even though it was faxed to them and I called to verify it was received, the letter doesn't have it listed!?
    Has anyone else ever had this occur, where an important record was lost or not included? Do I really have to go through an appeal or do you think there is a chance they will admit the error on their end?

Thanks all..................

Edited to add - He is 7 years old with -

Inattentive ADHD
    Mood Disorder
    Oppositional Defiant Disorder
    Articulation Disorder
    Social Communication Disorder
    Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder
    Language Based Reading Disorder
    Also significant motor issues, falls a lot, handwriting issues - recieving speecha nd occupational therapy.

2. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Times like these, it is best to utilize the services of an attorney (or services) who specializes in SSI.

I think you'll have to appeal it.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. danielocha30

danielocha30 DIS Veteran

Get a lawyer, one that will get his payment if you win the case.

5. Solanta

Solanta Earning My Ears

We went through human arc, I think they already get a portion - with a lawyer I'm not sure how much they would take to, but I'll make some calls monday.....t/y!

6. bushdianee

bushdianee <font color=green>I had a water fun day planned<br

I used a lawyer and he got 25% of the back pay. So he got almost $5000 for a half hour's work, but i was approved on the first try so to me it was worth it.

7. Solanta

Solanta Earning My Ears

I've helped someone else complete a disability application and they were approved on the first try. Aside from human arc I was very thorough. I guess monday I will find out how they "misplaced" it. Faxed with confirmation and I called the same day to verify they received it, yet its not listed in the denial letter, but every other irrelevant record is. Ugh :(