Sometimes you just need to run away to your happy place ~ A March break solo trip! Complete 06/29!

Just found your TR, and now I'm going to binge it!
Glad you are here!
The room looks really clean and nice. I could stay there!
It was really nice BUT I missed the bubble too much.
Mmmm looks and sounds delicious. What a perfect meal on a warm day.
It was so good! I know you share the Skippers love!
Both excellent parts! It seems like I always find something different to cry at during Happily Ever After.
True....I have never been able to watch HEA without crying.
Snow White!! (I think...)
You are right!
Merida!! Love this look!
Thank you!
Great picture with the geyser going off!
I was happy with it too, thanks. :)
Mmmmm, arugula makes everything better!
Yes, it does!
It doesn't even look green in this picture!!
I know, it looks white....maybe the flash? It was awesome though!
That sounds so fun!!! Ok, it probably wasn't. You didn't get evac'ed ??
I got evaced from EE last summer. I didn't even get to ride it in March. :(
Sounds super refreshing and just the right amount of sweet.
It was excellent.
What a great photo and I LOVE your dress!
Thank you so much! I did so well with spring dresses at Old Navy this year. They really stepped up their game.
I can't wait to read about it!
I am sure I will do a full report just on that meal!

not having had Ohana bread pudding needs to be rectified immediately......your family was never interested in trying Ohana for dinner? It is one of our faves. More reasons you need a solo trip!! :goodvibes
No. The girls (DW included) are picky and the only meat they eat is chicken. They wouldn't go for the noodles either. So 'Ohana would be a waste for them. I seriously would like to go, so maybe a solo trip one day!
I only recently realized you could get the bread pudding at the bar though, so something else I have to keep in mind.

No. The girls (DW included) are picky and the only meat they eat is chicken. They wouldn't go for the noodles either. So 'Ohana would be a waste for them. I seriously would like to go, so maybe a solo trip one day!
I only recently realized you could get the bread pudding at the bar though, so something else I have to keep in mind.
Too bad! Ohana was our first meal on our first trip back in 2009 and we all have been in love with it ever since. I hope you get there one day!

It's time for tea!

I was up bright and early to pack up my things and store them with Bell Services before heading off on my last day. My goal was to make rope drop at Epcot and I actually had great bus luck this morning and arrived about 20 minutes before opening. I was so excited for today as I had booked the Tea Experience at the Rose and Crown. First though, let's just admire the beauty of an early Epcot morning. :goodvibes
IMG_4035.JPG
Soon, it was time to make my way over to the Rose and Crown to check in for tea. We gathered in the seating area to the left of the podium and were called in by table groups. As a solo diner, I wasn't sure who I would be paired up with but was seated with a lovely fellow solo diner from Maryland. I am not sure if she is on the Dis or not but it was lovely to meet Marianne and our server was convinced we were old friends as we never stopped talking!

Here is my place card and the tea set up.
IMG_4037.JPGIMG_4036.JPG
We also had a set of tea timers and were given careful instructions for timing our tea perfectly. We started with the English Breakfast, followed by the chai. Both of those were to be brewed for precisely five minutes. We had one of the servers delivering an interesting lecture on the history of Twinings Teas as we were waiting for our tea to brew.
IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_4038.JPG
The lecture continued as we sipped our tea. Then the chef from Rose and Crown came out to talk about tea sandwiches and the idea of "tea" as a meal. We were given four delicious sandwiches; coronation chicken salad, egg and cress, cucumber with boursin and a cheddar and chutney.

IMG_4043.JPG
After enjoying our sandwiches, we moved on to learning about the history of green tea and herbal teas. Did you know that all types of tea come from the same plant? And that herbal tea is not tea, it is an infusion. I had never really enjoyed green tea in the past but learned I had been going about it all wrong. Green tea is to be steeped for precisely two minutes in freshly boiled water. Over steeping it causes it to be bitter. Our herbal teas could be left to steep as long as we liked. While we enjoyed our green tea, a plate of scones, house made clotted cream and jam came out for each of us. These were a generous portion and just so delicious. I could not resist polishing off both of mine.
IMG_4045.JPG
This was an utterly exquisite experience and a true Disney bargain at $30/person. I believe it is offered on Fridays and Saturdays and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I said goodbye to my lovely tablemate and ventured out to enjoy the tea gardens. A perfect ending to my fabulous morning!
IMG_4049.JPG

Soon, it was time to make my way over to the Rose and Crown to check in for tea.

I had zero idea this was a thing. At all. It almost sounds as lovely as the GF one.
IMG_4037.JPG

I LOVE that placecard!

The lecture continued as we sipped our tea. Then the chef from Rose and Crown came out to talk about tea sandwiches and the idea of "tea" as a meal. We were given four delicious sandwiches; coronation chicken salad, egg and cress, cucumber with boursin and a cheddar and chutney.

IMG_4043.JPG

Just gorgeous! So pretty!

types of tea come from the same plant? And that herbal tea is not tea, it is an infusion. I had never really enjoyed green tea in the past but learned I had been going about it all wrong. Green tea is to be steeped for precisely two minutes in freshly boiled water. Over steeping it causes it to be bitter. Our herbal teas could be left to steep as long as we liked. While we enjoyed our green tea, a plate of scones, house made clotted cream and jam came out for each of us. These were a generous portion and just so delicious. I could not resist polishing off both of mine.

Mmm! Scones!

I would love the lecture part of this for sure. WHat a perfectly wonderful way to spend $30!

This was an utterly exquisite experience and a true Disney bargain at $30/person.

Absolutely!

The tea tour sounds lovely, I absolutely loved the tea room at GF, so glad I did this!
Thanks for the tip on green tea, I have always thought it a little to bitter for me, now I know why!!

I had never heard of this Tea Experience! It sounds wonderful and something I'd definitely be interested it! Glad you enjoyed it :)

As a solo diner, I wasn't sure who I would be paired up with but was seated with a lovely fellow solo diner from Maryland. I am not sure if she is on the Dis or not but it was lovely to meet Marianne and our server was convinced we
How nice to have another solo diner to sit with! Just perfect!

This was an utterly exquisite experience and a true Disney bargain at $30/person. I believe it is offered on Fridays and Saturdays and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I said goodbye to my lovely tablemate and ventured out to enjoy the tea gardens. A perfect ending to my fabulous morning!
IMG_4049.JPG
This sounds really nice! And I know if my mom ever comes with me, I will def do this with her. She loves tea.

Following and a question...headed down in October solo but haven't picked a hotel. How did you get from airport to B? It seems like Disney Springs hotels don't have free shuttles which means I have to add that cost to the trip. Or stay at one of the Studios with ME.

Thanks!

I was up bright and early to pack up my things and store them with Bell Services before heading off on my last day

Last days are so sad!

I was so excited for today as I had booked the Tea Experience at the Rose and Crown.

I didn't even know this existed! How fun!

We were given four delicious sandwiches; coronation chicken salad, egg and cress, cucumber with boursin and a cheddar and chutney.

These look scrumptious! Huge fan of tea sandwiches.

This was an utterly exquisite experience and a true Disney bargain at $30/person. I believe it is offered on Fridays and Saturdays and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

What a great experience, thank you for sharing! I for sure want to try this out now.

Oooooh! I didn't know this was a thing. I'd love to try it out!!!!
I think you would love it Jenny!
Sounds like a great experience!
It really was! So happy I tried it!
The tea sounds delightful. How nice that you ended up with good company for a table mate, too.
I really lucked out! Marianne was such a sweetheart and we chatted as though we had known each other for years!
Great TR. I had no idea EP did a tea service.
:welcome: , thanks for reading along! Definitely check out the Tea Experience, it's well worth it!
I had zero idea this was a thing. At all. It almost sounds as lovely as the GF one.

I LOVE that placecard!

Just gorgeous! So pretty!

Mmm! Scones!

I would love the lecture part of this for sure. WHat a perfectly wonderful way to spend $30!

Absolutely!
Thanks Liesa, it was a perfect experience from start to finish. The food, the decor, the information shared and nice conversation with my charming tablemate all made for lovely morning!:)
The tea tour sounds lovely, I absolutely loved the tea room at GF, so glad I did this!
Thanks for the tip on green tea, I have always thought it a little to bitter for me, now I know why!!
I think you would love it, Caroline! Yes, I was happy to learn that tip about green tea too. :goodvibes
I had never heard of this Tea Experience! It sounds wonderful and something I'd definitely be interested it! Glad you enjoyed it :)
Thanks Alexis! I saw it listed as I was scrolling through the dining list on the Disney website and was intrigued. So happy I had a chance to try it out!
How nice to have another solo diner to sit with! Just perfect!

This sounds really nice! And I know if my mom ever comes with me, I will def do this with her. She loves tea.
It was such a great morning! I am sure it would be lovely to do with your mom or with the girls when they are a little older. :)
Following and a question...headed down in October solo but haven't picked a hotel. How did you get from airport to B? It seems like Disney Springs hotels don't have free shuttles which means I have to add that cost to the trip. Or stay at one of the Studios with ME.

Thanks!
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! I took Lyft/Uber to and from the hotel which was about $27 each way. The B has park shuttles every half hour. They are shared with the other DS hotels and go to two parks each. It's not ideal but is manageable. I walked to DS sometimes too and took a Disney bus to one of the hotels close to the park. That worked well too.
Last days are so sad!

I didn't even know this existed! How fun!

These look scrumptious! Huge fan of tea sandwiches.

What a great experience, thank you for sharing! I for sure want to try this out now.
So true, Kara.....last days are the worst! But having such a fun morning definitely helped. I adore tea sandwiches too and these were delicious! I think you would love this experience. :)

Just like everyone else I had no idea this existed! I knew about a tea garden tour of sorts during the F&G festival I think but that's it; this sounds delightful. I also don't like green tea, not sure if this info will change my mind but the rest of it sounds like something I'd enjoy, especially the history of Twinings. Great last morning!

Just like everyone else I had no idea this existed! I knew about a tea garden tour of sorts during the F&G festival I think but that's it; this sounds delightful. I also don't like green tea, not sure if this info will change my mind but the rest of it sounds like something I'd enjoy, especially the history of Twinings. Great last morning!
It really was delightful! So glad I spent the morning enjoying it!
I'm not even a tea drinker but that sounds lovely!
It was awesome.....such a nice way to spend the day!

An afternoon with Eyeore and Miguel!

After exploring the tea gardens, I continued my stroll through the UK and headed towards Canada. I noticed a flash of gray to my left and was thrilled to see Eyeore out for character training. I beelined over there and was second in line. The very nice CM took some pictures with my phone for me. I was just beaming with happiness!

IMG_4051.JPG
Telling Eyeore how happy I am to see him and how much I love him!

IMG_4055.JPG
Cuteness overload!

I was in love with the beautiful Bambi themed topiaries......
IMG_4057.JPG
IMG_4058.JPG
Aren't Thumper and Flower just the cutest??

I strolled over to Mexico and same across the topiary of my pals, the Three
Caballeros.
IMG_4060.JPG

It was time for the Coco show and I was quick to get a spot at the front. I was a little worried due to reports of crazy crowds the week before along with some very unruly behaviour. However, it all went smoothly. I thought it was really a delightful show, especially Miguel!
IMG_4064.JPG

By this time, I was feeling the heat and in need of a pick me up so headed over towards France. I was lucky enough to catch a picture of monorail yellow along the way.
IMG_4070.JPG

Upon arriving in France, I knew I had to try the La Vie en Rose cocktail at Fleur de Lys. It is a combination of Grey Goose orange vodka, St. Germain Liquer, white and red cranberry juice. Besides, pink drinks are always the most delicious!
IMG_4066.JPG

I had to stop for a photo with my drink as it is not everyday that your drink matches your outfit, lol!
IMG_4084.JPG

I stopped into MouseGears on the way out to treat myself to a new darling......IMG_4083.JPG
I am so in love with it although colour transfer can be an issue with the light bags and you really do have to baby them.

I was Disneybounding again today...... any guesses as to who I was???

Back soon with final thoughts and food costs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter