Sometimes you just need to run away to your happy place ~ A March break solo trip! Complete 06/29!

Thank you so much! Did your girls enjoy the Liberty Belle? My boys always like the scenes around the Rivers of America.
They did but I don't think they will be begging to go on it. But then again they surprise me sometimes, they ask to go on Caroseul of Progress.

I like your Disneybound! Sounds like a very busy morning in MK, sorry it worked against you!
Thanks Alexis! It was so fun to put together! It was super busy but luckily I really enjoy the theming, classic rides and shows so I can always find something to enjoy. I guess that's the advantage of getting to go fairly often. :)

They did but I don't think they will be begging to go on it. But then again they surprise me sometimes, they ask to go on Caroseul of Progress.
Girls after my own heart! I love that they ask for CoP!

Today I had another Disneybound planned with hopes of meeting a certain princess. Can you tell who I was today??
Great outfit! You may remember that Merida is my favourite princess. She’s always been good in meets too.

I had hopes of meeting Father John and Robin Hood at their meet but the line was crazy.
They would have been interesting to meet. Was this something special? I don’t think they meet normally, right?

Then I thought about the Liberty Belle. She had been down for a refurb last August and I hadn't had a chance to enjoy a ride through the Rivers of America.
Nice. It’s been years since I’ve been on the Liberty Belle. Definitely something good to do if crowds are bad.

Great outfit! You may remember that Merida is my favourite princess. She’s always been good in meets too.

They would have been interesting to meet. Was this something special? I don’t think they meet normally, right?

Nice. It’s been years since I’ve been on the Liberty Belle. Definitely something good to do if crowds are bad.
Thanks Jeff! I do remember you saying Merida was your favourite. I really like her too and think she is a great role model. You're right, they don't typically meet. Disney has been bringing out rare characters to meet near Town Square lately. I just wish I would have had more time. I do love the Liberty Belle. Fun, relaxing and a nice way to escape crazy crowds! :)

I may have eaten the best meal of my life at Epcot!!

After a crazy busy morning at MK, I was on my way to Epcot! I had FPs for my favourites; SE, LwtL and FEA! Plus, I was having lunch for the very first time at Via Napoli! And I got to take in all the lovelieness that is the Flower and Garden festival! Could this afternoon be any better??

As I entered the park I headed to the right and my first FP at LwtL. On my way there, I saw a familiar face from my Canadian Disney Addicts group at home. I stopped to say hello and had a chance to do a little pin trading. This gentleman is lucky enough to spend 4-6 months out of the year in Florida and spends every Wednesday pin trading at Epcot. I want his lifestyle! As I headed into LwtL I was very thankful to have a FP as the standby line was 55 minutes! You know it's spring break when there is a wait for LwtL! I enjoyed this as always and was happy to see some new additions for Flower and Garden. I enjoyed strolling around F&G as I made my way over to my next FP at Frozen Ever After. Of course, I had to take some pictures of the topiaries and enjoy a magic shot!
IMG_3887.JPG IMG_3888.JPG
I enjoyed the beautiful flowers so much.....it was a gorgeous day with sunshine and a warm breeze. I was just in heaven! I spotted a photopass photographer by the Minnie and Mickey topiary and stopped for a picture there.
IMG_4166.JPG
The photographer said she had a special surprise for me and had me pose holding on to the fence with my back towards her. I love how cute this shot is! Who doesn't want to be turned into Tinkerbell, after all???
IMG_4167.JPG
It was time for my FP at Frozen Ever After so I strolled over to Norway and was soon sailing away with Anna, Elsa and Olaf. One day I'll figure out where that camera is....I need to step up my ride picture game, LOL!
IMG_4168.JPG
Now it was time for my long anticipated lunch at Via Napoli!! I was SO excited for this lunch and let me tell you, it did not disappoint! I started with a glass of an excellent white sangria (channeling @ariane37 ) and enjoyed taking in all the details of this lovely restaurant. My two servers were absolutely charming and flirtatious which was fun and sweet! The Italian boys sure know how to put a solo diner at her ease. I decided to have a salad to start and it was perfect; fresh and light with a lovely viniagrette. Just what I needed!
IMG_3890.JPG IMG_3889.JPG
Next up was the ultimate in deliciousness! Thanks to my friend, @kastoney I knew to order what turned out to be the best pizza of my life, the amazing Carciofi signature pie with the addition of arugula. The crust had just the right amount of char and was perfectly chewy. The truffle oil was earthy, the artichokes fresh, the fontina cheese creamy and the arugula provided a nice contrast to all the richness. I managed to finish three of the slices and almost cried to leave one behind.
IMG_3891.JPG
I was thrilled with my experience at Via Napoli and was sure to stop by Guest services on the way out to fill out a cast compliment card for my fantastic server. I had one more FP to enjoy on Spaceship Earth so headed off in that direction. I was happy to take my time through World Showcase, just taking in all the details. I stopped for a photo with Spaceship Earth in the background, it was just so lovely to see the floating islands of flowers in the water. I love this time of year at Epcot!
IMG_4170.JPG
After a ride back through history, I decided to head out back to my hotel for a little rest before a fun filled night at Magic Kingdom! It really had been a perfect afternoon. :goodvibes

Last edited:
was very thankful to have a FP as the standby line was 55 minutes! You know it's spring break when there is a wait for LwtL
55 minutes of The Land!!!! That is crazy

I love how cute this shot is! Who doesn't want to be turned into Tinkerbell, after all???
img_4167-jpg.397232
I have never seen this before. Love it!

Thanks to my friend, @kastoney I knew to order what turned out to be the best pizza of my life, the amazing Carciofi signature pie with the addition of arugula. The crust had just the right amount of char and was perfectly chewy. The truffle oil was earthy, the artichokes fresh, the fontina cheese creamy and the arugula provided a nice contrast to all the richness. I managed to finish three of the slices and almost cried to leave one behind.
img_3891-jpg.397239
What a wonderful meal at Via Napoli. I am so thrilled to hear you loved the pizza as much as me. I made the mistake of not ordering it on our last visit and immediately had regret.

Great update-- now I know exactly what to order at Via Napoli in just two short weeks time.....hope I get the same wait staff you had........I'm enjoying your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it and share with the rest of us...

What a wonderful meal at Via Napoli. I am so thrilled to hear you loved the pizza as much as me. I made the mistake of not ordering it on our last visit and immediately had regret.
Kari, it was SO amazing! I don't think I could go there again and NOT get that pizza. I am quite sure I was moaning with pleasure eating it....lol! What did you order instead?

Great update-- now I know exactly what to order at Via Napoli in just two short weeks time.....hope I get the same wait staff you had........I'm enjoying your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it and share with the rest of us...
:welcome:,thanks for joining in! Yes, order the Carciofi and add arugula. Seriously, you will not regret it it! My server was Matteo and he was probably late twenties, studying to be a pilot, from northern Italy, an absolute sweetheart. I can't remember the younger server's name but he was from Sardinia and we had an animated discussion on the wonderfulness of cheese . He was a doll too. Pure charm! I hope you have an amazing meal!! And a fabulous, magical trip! :goodvibes

I love the Tink wings, what a fun picture, very cute

I’m so glad you enjoyed your lunch at Via Napoli, I wanted to add arugula to our four cheese pizza but Andi wasn’t feeling it!

Your joy of hanging in Epcot is very contagious and it comes through in your writing!

Kari, it was SO amazing! I don't think I could go there again and NOT get that pizza. I am quite sure I was moaning with pleasure eating it....lol! What did you order instead?

We were feeling "classic" and just went with a good ole pepperoni. It was very good but life changing like the carciofi

I love the Tink wings, what a fun picture, very cute

I’m so glad you enjoyed your lunch at Via Napoli, I wanted to add arugula to our four cheese pizza but Andi wasn’t feeling it!

Your joy of hanging in Epcot is very contagious and it comes through in your writing!
Thanks Caroline! I loved that picture too! The arugula would have made the pizza....I think they will do 1/2 the pizza with a topping. Then Andi could have hers plain and you could have arugula. I was just so happy to be in the sunshine and warmth that everything was wonderful! Our winter here is never ending this year..... We are heading to End Game this morning. Have you seen it yet?

Sounds like a great time spent at Epcot! Love the pic with your wings!
That pizza sounds really good!
It was an awesome day. When you are in Epcot next, I highly recommend that pizza. I love my wings too....such a fun magic shot!

I'm so happy to hear you loved Via Napoli! The pizza there is the best on property, and after trying some tiramisu in Rome I can say that the one at Via Napoli is authentic! So I imagine everything else is, as well.

The Tinker Bell picture is great! So fun.

Whew, 55 minutes for LwtL is rough. At least the queue is indoors for all those poor folks waiting in line...

I'm so happy to hear you loved Via Napoli! The pizza there is the best on property, and after trying some tiramisu in Rome I can say that the one at Via Napoli is authentic! So I imagine everything else is, as well.

The Tinker Bell picture is great! So fun.

Whew, 55 minutes for LwtL is rough. At least the queue is indoors for all those poor folks waiting in line...
Thanks Alicia! It was so good! I have a friend at work who is Italian and she makes the BEST tiramisu so I am always nervous to try it anywhere else. I am glad to hear the one at Via Napoli is delicious! I love my Tink magic shot too, she is one of my favourites! It sure was packed at Epcot!

Oh boy, if LwtL is posting a 55 minute wait, it's time to use your FPs and head for the hills!

I love the Tink magic shot, how fun.
It was so busy, I think Nemo had a 45-50 minute wait too.....so nuts! A busy day at Epcot doesn't feel quite as packed to me though so I was ok. I just focused on enjoying all the details and going with the flow. Not much else you can do on days like that! I love the Tink shot too. :)

Happily Ever After makes me happy!

I enjoyed a little down time back at the hotel and managed to snag a FP for Pirates later that evening at MK. After showering and changing, I was ready to head out. Luckily I had good bus luck this time and was soon heading towards the TTC where I managed to grab the express monorail just as it was arriving! I wanted to watch HEA from the bridge to Adventureland as I had no desire to get caught in the crazy crowds in the hub. Plus I thought it would be fun to focus solely on the fireworks rather than the projections. First though I stopped for my evening castle pic!
IMG_3893.JPG
I loved the fireworks from the bridge! So pretty!!
IMG_3902.JPG IMG_3898.JPG
Once HEA was over, it was a quick walk over to Pirates for my FP! As always, I enjoyed sailing through the Caribbean with a motley crew of pirates!
IMG_4189.JPG
I was feeling a little peckish at this point and had a must try treat on my mind! I headed over towards Storybook Treats for the oh so yummy Peter Pan float. It tasted as good as it looks!
IMG_3905.JPG
Mmmm! That was so refreshing! Having had my dessert, I now headed off in search of supper. I just wanted something small so thought of a kids meal at Cosmic Rays. I went for the chicken nugget kids meal with fries, an orange and water. This was just the right amount of food.
IMG_3906.JPG
Wait times were still insane and there were no FPs left at all. So I decided to head towards the People Mover as it is always one of my very favourite things to do. I was lucky enough to make the last showing of Carousel of Progress as well before EMH started and thoroughly enjoyed that too.
IMG_3908.JPG
If you didn't take a People Mover picture, did you really ride the People Mover????

It was EMH now and crowds were still crazy. I was really hoping for Haunted Mansion but the wait time was still 45 minutes at 11:30. Instead I headed towards Under the Sea and enjoyed Ariel and Eric's triumph over Ursula. By now it was almost midnight, my feet were sore and it was still 30 minutes for HM! I decided to cut my losses and head back to the hotel. It had been a super fun and busy day. I took one last castle shot before I headed out.
IMG_3910.JPG
This just makes my heart so happy! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter