Something Special

Pat_Elliott

<font color=blue>Kimberly's proud papa!</font><br>
I'm looking for suggestions. Can't find anything in one of my several dozen old and new planning guides....

DW and I will be down in June (6-13). We're celebrating three things:

First, we're expecting our first child in September after a five year battle to get pregnant. Second, we're celebrating our tenth anniversary on May 8. And finally, after years of going alone in June on business, I've canceled all business-related meetings and am taking DW for both our last couples-only trip and what I'm calling my unborn daughter's preshow! So it's been a good year, and I'd like to do something mighty special, but can't figure out what.

Has anyone ever pre-arranged "something to happen" at a PS and who would you call about this? I'll give you an example, although I haven't decided on this. Since we're having a quick anniversary dinner and can't afford much else time, I thought about sending down an anniversary gift ahead of time (a pendant that's been in the family a while) and seeing if one of our PS's could maybe have it brought out after dinner, maybe on a covered platter. Am I making sense?

I'm thinking lunch at Le Cellier. DW always gets to pick the PS's, and her choices this trip are the Sci Fi, 2 trips to the 50's PT, and Spoodles. None of these impress me as "gift of a lifetime" type of places, so I figured Le Cellier. And I'm kind of freaked as to how to get something so valuable and irreplaceable down there and trust it to get where it's going. So if anyone has any help, or has a less dangerous idea, I'm all ears (pardons to Deb Willis for trademark infringement).

Pat

First off, Congratulations! Secondly, I have a couple ideas for you. One is the re-hitching ceremony. I know they do this at the Garden Grill, but there might be others. My understanding is that it's something you setup when you make your PS and then during your meal they have a little re-hitching ceremony for you and your wife. I don't know all the specifics, but I'm sure someone on the DIS can help you out.

Secondly, there is this site, Gifts of a Lifetime that can help you setup special surprises. I would think they'd be able to help you out.

I'd be a little leery of sending something down ahead of time. I think you'd be better purchasing something through a site like this or Disney. Or carrying the item with you. If you do that, maybe you could make arrangements with the concierage at the hotel.

Good luck!

B'rer Karen

I'd probably not go the "re-hitching route," as the level of surprise DW likes is limited. Getting something special delivered in a special way would excite here. But interupt her vacation in front of people to re-do vows? I threw her a surprise birthday party five years ago. She didn't talk to me for a week.

But Gifts of a Lifetime looks JUST like what I was looking for! What a cool site.....I'll take other ideas, but this sure looks like the ticket. Thanks so much. I love this board! Just like a thousand Santas. Ask for stuff, and they give it to you.

Pat

I know Jane will bend over backwards to make an extra-special event for you.

She planned an event for us to honor my MIL, who is blind. She went out of her way to make sure that all of the "clues" in the treasure hunt she planned were sensory experiences (smells, textures, sounds), etc.

Here's a big thumbs up for Jane!!!

Hi Pat

Sounds like your DW is a lucky girl.
If money is no object, I think the most romantic thing to do would be to book the Grand One out of the gf for a dinner and and a mk fireworks cruise. They will staff it with your own butler and maid, create a special menu just for you! Mind you, I dont know what that would cost, I think it runs about 300/hr without the meal.... hey,.... its not like I have ever done this but, a girls allowed to dream!
Also, I just thought of this, It may be that being on the water while eating may NOT be a good idea for your pregnant wife.....
rileygirl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter