Something funny but disgusting happened today with my wife

It's sad that is what this world is coming to. We actually have been seeing a lot of confederate flags flying on trucks here in Miami lately. Hopefully that's the last of his days of driving.

What does the bolded have to do with anything?

There is a rather strong correlation between that particular symbol and the "go back where you came from" mindset that people who look a certain way don't belong here.

There is a rather strong correlation between that particular symbol and the "go back where you came from" mindset that people who look a certain way don't belong here.
I still think it's a stretch to take a racist statement by someone in Miami and correlate that to "We've seen a lot of Confederate flags in Miami." I don't believe everyone who displays the confederate flag is racist, although some definitely are.

How about this NOT get turned into a Confederate flag debate?? Some folks just have one on their truck to get noticed. You would be shocked at the number of people who fly them on their vehicles of ALL races and nationalities. Doesn't mean Miami is getting overrun with racists or anything quite so dramatic.

Anyway, sounds like this man may have some confusion and early dementia and the way so many deal with that is with anger at everyone else. "there is nothing wrong with ME, it must be YOU". May not have anything to do with anyone's race or nationality.

Glad everyone is ok. Your thread title is spot-on: It IS disgusting, but it's also kinda funny.

OP, I do hope they pay for the damage but I wouldn't count on it. I imagine he is going to be really mad that "she" got him arrested and refuse to pay.

* I don't believe she got him arrested, but I bet that is what he believes.

Honestly, no, at least not when flown by private individuals. If someone wants to put up a confederate flag and show the world they support that flag, I think they should be allowed.

Show the world they support the flag of a traitorous rebellion that the US armed forces thankfully squashed?
They are allowed, but that doesn't mean others aren't going to draw conclusion from that "support"

-Signed, a Proud white Southerner who doesn't get the love of the Confederate Flag

Show the world they support the flag of a traitorous rebellion that the US armed forces thankfully squashed?
They are allowed, but that doesn't mean others aren't going to draw conclusion from that "support"

-Signed, a Proud white Southerner who doesn't get the love of the Confederate Flag

You are reading something into flying that flag that just isn't there for a whole bunch of people. Just stop.

I don't support that flag nor do I "love" that flag. But it is what it is and that is a part of the history of the southern states.
If someone wants to put it on their truck, so be it. But if you are judging them by what they have on the outside of their truck, how are you any different than those that judge by color?

How people make excuses for this disgusting behavior cracks me up. Dementia my butt. He's just a hateful racist old man.

Health issues can cause dementia, not just age. Lack of oxygen or blood flow to the brain can cause a lot of issues. The OP mentioned that he confused the brake and the gas pedal.

But then again, he could just be a disgusting old racist. They do exist. Not quite as much as some would believe, but they do.

Wow, it sounds like the guy has some serious anger issues. It's sad that so many people have such insane anger. Good thing the situation didn't escalate to the point where someone was injured.

You are reading something into flying that flag that just isn't there for a whole bunch of people. Just stop.

I don't support that flag nor do I "love" that flag. But it is what it is and that is a part of the history of the southern states.
If someone wants to put it on their truck, so be it. But if you are judging them by what they have on the outside of their truck, how are you any different than those that judge by color?
I think you are way off with the bolded. If someone chooses to make a public statement in support of something, they are going to be judged (whether good or bad) for it. It's not even in the same ballpark as judging someone for something they don't choose like their skin color.

oh pleeeaseeee now demanding to see your citizenship is a sing of dementia? even if she was not "legal" he rear ended her, he is liable for the damages, and her being "illegal" wouldn't change that, and tell me again how waiving a Nazi flag doesn't make you a Nazi? same thing goes with the confederate flag, is not a symbol to be proud of, they are free to wave the flag but don't expect simpaty from any one.

I find it very odd that he'd have a car like that (was it really a $100k Mercedes or just look like one?) and not have insurance. In all my experience, that's very, very uncommon. Yeah, just let your insurance handle it. You'll have to pay your deductible, which stinks, but it is what it is.

Have no clue how the confederate flag wound up here, but honestly when I think confederate flag I think of the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard. It was my all time favorite TV show when I was growing up as a kid and many times I came >< close to buying a real life replica of one. I still very much want one, flag on the roof and all...has zero to do with any racial overtones, simply love the car.

Wow, it sounds like the guy has some serious anger issues. It's sad that so many people have such insane anger. Good thing the situation didn't escalate to the point where someone was injured.

I think you are way off with the bolded. If someone chooses to make a public statement in support of something, they are going to be judged (whether good or bad) for it. It's not even in the same ballpark as judging someone for something they don't choose like their skin color.

But its not automatically a public statement to support anything.

I am not going to debate something that the OP isn't even about. The old man didn't have a Confederate flag.

I find it very odd that he'd have a car like that (was it really a $100k Mercedes or just look like one?) and not have insurance. In all my experience, that's very, very uncommon. Yeah, just let your insurance handle it. You'll have to pay your deductible, which stinks, but it is what it is.

Have no clue how the confederate flag wound up here, but honestly when I think confederate flag I think of the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard. It was my all time favorite TV show when I was growing up as a kid and many times I came >< close to buying a real life replica of one. I still very much want one, flag on the roof and all...has zero to do with any racial overtones, simply love the car.
It was a new s560. Those start at 100k and go up from there.

oh pleeeaseeee now demanding to see your citizenship is a sing of dementia? even if she was not "legal" he rear ended her, he is liable for the damages, and her being "illegal" wouldn't change that, and tell me again how waiving a Nazi flag doesn't make you a Nazi? same thing goes with the confederate flag, is not a symbol to be proud of, they are free to wave the flag but don't expect simpaty from any one.
Yea I don't think he has dementia. He was just a racist pig.

My opinion, if you choose to fly that disgusting flag or any other flag associated with racism, then you are a racist. Plain and simple. If you wear a KKK hood and robe, you are a racist.

Last edited:

Hahaha yes! I cannot tell you how many times I burned my legs as a child trying to learn how to do the Hood Slide and Hop In move ! LOL Also incredibly funny given that my parents were driving a Chevy Nova at the time, which is in NO WAY any kind of comparison. *giggles*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter